Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you want most (that aren't being made)

Renevent

Cipher
If you had you way what game/sequel would you want made the most? For me it would be:

Arx Fatalis 2

The first is one of my favorite RPG's ever. The game absolutely dripped atmosphere, and the sound/music was very well done. Everything from your footsteps, enemies wailing when hit, to screams in the distance was extremely well done. Loved the game was focused on exploring the world, and really enjoyed the combat...even though it was fairly simple. It was brutal though, at least compared to Morrowind (similar game).

Temple of Elemental Evil 2

I love everything about the first game...well maybe not the bugs :P To me it was a great mix of exploration, combat, party building, and had the best D&D turn based combat ever done in a video game.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Baldur's Gate 3
Homeworld 3
Wasteland 2
Maybe a Ultima Underworld III
Syndicate III in Shadowrun Returns engine
Dungeon Keeper III
Max Payne III :)

But some nice original IP's would be just as good. I think of all the sequels that were planned but got canned, I'd go for BG3. Of all the sequels that disappointed most, FO3 wins hands-down.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Bioschock without focus testing(if rumors are true), Stalker: Oblivion Lost (hopefully Lost Alpha will deliver), Freespace 3, JA 3, BG 3, Darklands 2.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
  • Wizardry 9
  • Deus Ex 2
  • Wizardry 10
  • Arx Fatalis 2
  • Wizardry 11
  • Darklands 2
  • Realms of Arkania 5

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
A proper sequel to Silent Hunter III. Ya know - one won't be a shitbag of bugs and sloppy programming when released, one that doesn't "streamline" the UI and TDC for morons; one that doesn't give you the unecessary option to ask Wolfgang the chef how is wife is back in Fuhrerland.

Thief 4 - Yeah, no, a real one. One that goes back to the Thief 1 setting again. I want more Hammerites and Maw of Chaos
Ultima IX/X/Ultima 7 Part 3 - I'd like to see a continuation of the series as a whole but I would probably rather just another Ultima in the vein of SI set on one of the other Sosaria continents.
Ultima 8 Part 2 - Let's be honest, the setting is one of the more captivating settings out there even though it isn't very complex. Fix up the mechanics obviously, and you probably wouldn't even want it built around the avatar either. Same setting, mood, art design, magic systems, music and themes. Brilliant potential
Dark Sun 3 - Any RPG in the dark sun setting to be honest
Ravenloft 3 - Again, any RPG set in the Ravenloft setting, either the Gothic one, the Egyptian one or one of the others I don't know much about
Dungeon Keeper III - The game they're touting as DK3 seems like a poor imitation. I want a real one that goes back to DK1 and 2 in all aspects.
Sacrifice 2 - Needs no explanation.
Warcraft 4 - Fuck all the lore built from WoW, just retcon it back to the end of Frozen Throne and start over with a Warcraft 4 from that point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom