Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you want most (that aren't being made)

Swigen

Arbiter
Colony Wars 4

Swigen

Arbiter
Playing Hitman 2 reminded me how much I loved stealth games. Now I wish Sekiro really was Tenchu and I wish a new Splinter Cell was on the horizon.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ah look, it's Watch What You Wish For: the thread.

on topic: A game remotely similar to X-Com or Jagged Alliance 2 with less emphasis on tactical combat and a strong management sim part. Kinda like some kind of Football Manager - SWAT4/Mount&Blade crossover.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm still waiting for a Freelancer replacement. Ironic that this thread was created in 2013 - the "golden" KS years in which quite a few prospects of this vein showed up. None have materialized.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ah look, it's Watch What You Wish For: the thread.

on topic: A game remotely similar to X-Com or Jagged Alliance 2 with less emphasis on tactical combat and a strong management sim part. Kinda like some kind of Football Manager - SWAT4/Mount&Blade crossover.

Would be cool if you get to see it play out like FM too.

Self-Ejected

Circuit the Short

Self-Ejected
A tactical mech commander game. Like Mechcommander3. I want to customize and control robots and tanks in a turnbased land battle.

What a strange coincidence, a turn-based mech squad game was released last year. Shame it doesn't really fall into 'games u want most' category.

Self-Ejected

Circuit the Short

Self-Ejected

lady_in_white

Literate
From existing series: new Dead Space.
From series which doesn't exist: text game with lots of nice pictures and big, no, huge system of choices about space and mystic things there. I've played one for mobile phone, but it was too short.

visions

Arcane
Modern equivalent of the Street Rod games with real licensed cars (I'm guessing the cars in the originals weren't licensed but people gave less of a shit about such copyrights back then) and increased complexity. US cars from the 30'ies until the end of the muscle car era in the early 70'ies, extensive visible customisation, improved racing.

It will never happen but a man can dream.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
Another top-down GTA game but for a proper system, and that is not bogged down by unnecessary plot. I want GTA 2, but I want more.

There were rumours of a spiritual sequel to The Warriors focused on mods vs rockers, I want that game as well.

Modron

Arcane
I want a flight/space sim with a big campaign again, more inventive racing games (seems like nowadays all we are photorealistic racers, cart racing, 80s/90s retro racers, and wipeout clones), another Front Mission game (plus more good tactical rpgs), more adventure/rpg hybrid games, more proper rpgs, and more proper rpgs.

Falksi

Arcane
Deus ex 2 - FWIW, I really enjoyed HR & kinda enjoyed MD. But we're desperately overdue a proper sequel to this classic.

Shadowrun: Sicily - Mob dealings on a wonderful island, mixing machine with the mediterranean sun.

Dragon Age: Origins 2 - Origins should have been the turning point of decline to incline. It kept enough old-school CRPG elements to keep us happy, but adapted well enough to the modern era to appease the mong-tards too. This base should have been nurtured to slowly de-mong said tards, and culture them into the ways of CRPGs, with each sequel adding that tiny bit more old-schoolness until the perfect balance was found. This could, and still should, be a major incline booster.

Divinity 3 - Divinity 2 was fucking awesome. More please.

Tyranny 2 - Haven't finished it yet due to PC lagging mid-game, but absolutely loved every second of it so far.

Morrowind 2 - Let's stop fucking about with these bland as fuck, depthless, predictable sequels. Let's get back to exploring a world so bizare and alien that there's something surprising around every corner. Red Mountain explodes, loads of warped energies released, a nice mix of the old & new left to expore.

Phantasy Star 5 - 4 still remains one of the best JRPGs ever. Would love to see an adventure starting with new protags which lead us to cross paths with Chaz, Wren, Rika, Rune & co again.

DragonsDogma 2 - A bit more of the RPG, and a bit less of the "Open World" this time please. Just awesome combat with some genuine C&C to boot.

Baldur's Gate 3 - It is time.

Final Fantasy Returns - Fuck all these bullshit "evolutions" we've seen since FF13, get back to giving us a magical turn based story, full of all those summons & characters we thrive on.

Hexen 3 - Give us full blown motherfucking fantasy character combat.

Serpent in the staglands: a banquet for fools - The original descended into a boring plod-fest, with combat dull/poor, and too much of it as you explored what seemed like endless, empty areas. But fuckinghell was the atmosphere & vibe absolutely amazing. I'll still boot it up just to play that superbly enticing intro. So much potential there.

The Warriors 2 - Time to dust off the jackets and reclaim Coney.

Xmantis

Novice
More survival games are putting in food/stamina, hunger/cold, etc. systems but few have yet to have a fully implemented food/water piss/shit system (outside of a few choice Skyrim mods). I'd like to see a game do that in a meaningful way somehow, most games bungle it up and either hunger/thirst is an annoyance or is so trivial you barely have to think about it. But I'm convinced there would be a satisfying way to do it.

Also a new Ninja Gaiden would be nice.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
-Kerbal Space Program 2

-A pew pew space shooter, but with proper orbital mechanics and good production value.

-The usual suspects: proper Unreal 2, System Shock 3, Jagged Alliance 3, Deus Ex 2

-A proper old school RTS ala C&C

-More RPGs set in medieval times without retarded magic and fantasy elements, KCD is not enough.

Deleted member 7219

A sequel to Alien Isolation

A true sequel to KOTOR 2

Another Obsidian Fallout

TIE Fighter 2

Space Marine 2

Another Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun game

Alan Wake 2

Another Tex Murphy game

Jade Empire 2 (better systems, larger world)

A sequel to Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

A game set in The Witcher universe, different main character, but post-Witcher 3

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Easy:

Darklands Manual said:
SEQUELS: Darklands was designed to permit sequels. It is possible to have some additional adventures in Germany. More importantly, it is possible to create entirely new games elsewhere in Europe. The system not only allows moving "saved game" files back and forth, but also allows you to load multiple games onto your hard disk and move back and forth between the nations, in a sort of giant adventure. Let us know what you enjoyed in Darklands, what you would like to see in a sequel, and what setting you prefer. There are plenty of possibilities: the Emperor in Germany has many political problems and intrigues, England and France are busy finishing the last half of the Hundred Years War, after which England falls into civil war (the War of the Roses). Meanwhile, Italy is at the peak of its warring city-states era, Vlad the Impaler appears in the Balkans (the historical figure who ultimately became Dracula), Tamerlane is conquering Central Asia, and much more. What's your preference?

Arnold Hendrick, 1992

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Rogue like dungeon crawler with Dark Souls combat

Go play Bloodborne and do Chalice dungeons.

Or play Let It Die.

Or play Nioh with the endless halls mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom