Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamescom 2019 - Official Codex Thread - August 19th-24th - Press Conferences, Trailers & Interviews

Two days ago:

THQ Nordic "showing off" unannounced Grand Strategy game at Gamescom

I know this is /r/paradoxplaza but in my mind its basically /r/GrandStrategy a lot of the times.

Announcement just went out today to the games press, a few websites have small stories on it. I'm always super interested in potential new titles in the GSG sphere.

My wild guess would be Pieces Interactive are developing it, considering they release Leviathan Warships and are a subsidiary of THQ Nordic who have worked with paradox in the past for example, purely speculation on my part. [Although Warships was taken down from Steam about 1 year ago] Wild guess, so grain of salt since they've mostly worked on Titan quest since being acquired in 2017 from what I've heard.

I also received an e-mail from THQ asking me if I was going to be at gamescom to see some unannounced games[Alongside quite a few other publishers asking the same thing so its not out of the ordinary]

Gamasutra Press Release: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...enbsp__powered_by_ASUS_Republic_of_Gamers.php

Schedule for THQ: https://nerdstar.esport-mania.de/THQN_Gamescom_2019_Schedule.jpg

Note 12:30 on Wednesday there will be an unannounced GSG shown

Yes, as a fan of Superpower 2 I've heard rumours it could be Superpower 3, I know for a fact they've been working on it for at least a couple of years now, so let's keep our fingers crossed I think it could be a fairly good possibility

It's Knights of Honor 2 / Kings of Valor.

Shams mentioned on a stream (I can link if required) that PDX attempted to make a deal with the people producing the spiritual sequel to that game but they decided to go with somebody else. He literally said that he thought it was THQ Nordic that snatched them up.

This week, Black Sea Games, the developers behind KoH2 have created a Twitch channel - Unprecedented, considering that they have been very quiet.

I think we're close, boys.

Edit: Link to the clip:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingSillyAlbatrossCorgiDerp

https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxpla...ordic_showing_off_unannounced_grand_strategy/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been paying less attention to Google's event:

Doom Eternal
Dragonball XenoVerse 2
Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Metro Exodus
Thumper
Final Fantasy XV
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Rage 2
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Borderlands 3
Watch Dogs: Legion
Football Manager
The Crew 2
The Division 2
The Elder Scrolls Online
Trials Rising
Mortal Kombat 11
Samurai Showdown
Get Packed
Darksiders Genesis
Just Dance 2020
GRID
Baldur's Gate 3
Farming Simulator 19

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Nintendo Indie World Showcase
August 19 at 6 A.M. PT/9 A.M. ET

Starts in 100 minutes.

Inside Xbox

August 19 at 8 A.M. PT/11 A.M. ET

Microsoft is retarded and there are no functioning links.

Google Stadia Connect
August 19 at 10 A.M. PT/1 P.M. ET

Gamescom Opening Night Live

August 19 at 11 A.M. PT/2 P.M. ET

Thq Nordic is doing some announcements on their twitch channel but it's unclear when.

THQN_Gamescom_2019_Schedule.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Nintendo's conference was mostly shit: no new announcements except that Ori will get a Switch port.

And the only thing remotely interesting was EastWard ... but I don't trust Chucklefish anymore cause of Pathway.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah. It's cringe af. 5 presenters !? wtf

Edit: Microsoft is retarded as usual. Blair Witch on Gamepass. They are really pushing this shit.

Edit2: I'm too old for forced enthusiasm. Microsoft is still promoting Bard's tale IV !?

Edit3: X019 London (19 November) will be biggest XBox show this year. Phil Spencer will be there.

Not that I care but it seems that they are keeping some announcements for X019.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Xbox event X019 at November 14-16: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/08/19/how-to-experience-x019-london/

This is after the release of The Outer Worlds and Gears 5, so probably there will be some big announcements.

X019 is our global celebration of everything Xbox. We’re incredibly excited to bring X019 to London, United Kingdom from November 14-16 at the Copper Box Arena. It’s the biggest Xbox event we’ve ever hosted in the UK and we can’t wait to share it live with thousands of people from the incredible Xbox community there.

We’ll also be bringing X019 direct to you online wherever you are in the world, so even if you can’t make it in-person you won’t miss a minute of the fun.

On today’s gamescom special edition of Inside Xbox, Xbox’s Aaron Greenberg revealed a load of new X019 details, including when you can get tickets. Here’s what you need to know, and we hope you’ll join us either in person or online for the ultimate celebration of Xbox!

When and where is X019?

X019 is a 3-day Xbox celebration that will take place from Thursday, November 14 to Saturday, November 16 in London, UK at the Copper Box Arena. X019 will also be streamed online so Xbox fans around the world can join in with all the action.

What is planned for X019?

X019 will kick off on Thursday, November 14 with a special episode of Inside Xbox, our live and official show where we share news and announcements, followed by our first ever Xbox FanFest event in the UK.

In addition to the activities planned for Thursday, attendees will have the opportunity to experience:
  • A world-class Xbox experience at the Copper Box Arena.
  • World premiere hands-on gameplay of the biggest and best new games.
  • Panels with the brightest and best creative minds from our Xbox Game Studio teams.
  • Unique activations and experiences to bring the universe of Xbox to life.
  • Developer meet-and-greets and autograph sessions.
  • An on-site Xbox Official Gear Store featuring exclusive X019 gear you will not be able to buy anywhere else.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
That Startopia game looks so goddamn cheap and... modern, lacking any other descriptor. No way it's gonna measure up to the classic.

Ghostrunner is a cyberpunk-style mix of Dishonored and Mirror's Edge

Parkour, murder, and tons of neon.

The wall-running parkour revolution has kind of fizzled out in video games, and that's a sad thing. Fortunately, an upcoming game called Ghostrunner seems to remember the heady days of Titanfall 2 and Mirror's Edge as fondly as I do, and developer One More Level seems keen to pack as much of that stuff into one trailer as they can fit.

The reveal trailer above gives you about as much information as we have on Ghostrunner. It's a first-person action game featuring someone with an electric knife wall-running, whip-swinging, and neck stabbing their way through a grubby, neon lit future cityscape.

The Steam page is live now, and it provides some additional backstory for Ghostrunner's setting. Humanity has faced a global cataclysm, forcing everyone to live in a single superstructure designed by someone called The Architect. It's a very cyberpunky story, with implants determining the social class of everyone in the Tower, and it's your job to flit between reality and cyberspace in order to make your way to the top of the Tower and unravel its mysteries.

Along the way, it seems you'll be doing a lot of dashing along walls and using an energy whip to propel yourself over gaps, plummeting to the ground long enough to sink a dagger into an enemy's unsuspecting neck. Fun stuff.

Ghostrunner is scheduled for launch next August, so we have a while to wait. In the meantime, maybe it's time to replay Mirror's Edge.

https://www.pcgamer.com/ghostrunner-is-a-cyberpunk-style-mix-of-dishonored-and-mirrors-edge/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom