Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Gamescom 2019: Wasteland 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Bloodlines 2

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: CD Projekt; Cyberpunk 2077; Hardsuit Labs; inXile Entertainment; Paradox Interactive; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2; Wasteland 3

After the surprising number of RPGs that showed up at E3 earlier this year, one might have expected Gamescom to have an even greater RPG presence. But judging by the nominees for best roleplaying game at Gamescom - Wasteland 3 and two JRPGs - that may not have turned out to be the case. Indeed, Wasteland 3 was the only RPG of interest to appear at Microsoft's Inside Xbox Gamescom event today. inXile appear to have taken criticisms of their E3 trailer to heart and produced a much more serious one this time. It's narrated by the Patriarch, the elderly warlord that has invited the Rangers to Colorado to help settle his succession dispute. This is our first real look at Wasteland 3's user interface, including a glimpse of the game's character screen at 1:18. It appears that the character system has been significantly altered, including what may be some sort of character class implementation. We won't have to wait long to find out what that's about, since the alpha comes out in two days.

There isn't much to report about what happened during the rest of the day. I was hoping Baldur's Gate 3 would make another appearance at Google's Stadia Connect presentation, but instead all we got a was a very brief Cyberpunk 2077 trailer which appears to contains a few snippets from the gameplay video that's supposed to be coming out in the next couple of weeks, along with a slightly longer dev diary video. Another thing I could mention is the brief Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 trailer published by Paradox earlier today, which announces support for NVIDIA's RTX ray tracing technology, with a voice over by the Toreador lady from the original announcement trailer.

As for the Gamescom opening event itself, this year hosted by the ever-hustling Geoff Keighley, it was a complete waste of time. But hey, at least Wasteland 3 won that best RPG award. We'll see what else pops up during the rest of the week.

• Brofist x 6
    • hopw roewur ne x 3
    • decline x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    The most obvious problem that they seem to have fixed (key words: seem to have) is the line of sight/FOV. TToN and even W3 had unrealistic FOV. Esp. TToN with its unobstructed vision immersion breaking shenanigans.

The UI seems acceptable.

Tbh nothing of note was really shown here, other than 'splosshiuns r fun.

^ Top  
  3. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Monstroterratum Furiosum Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Wasn't Greedfall supposed to be shown there too? Maybe I am misremembering.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Nazrim Eldrak Learned

Nazrim Eldrak
    And I thought there will be camera movements and object destructivity like in XCom 2.
    But hey, we have hope: The 5 years later release DIRECTORS CUT.

Show Spoiler
    :nocountryforshitposters:

• what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Andhaira Arcane

Andhaira
    How the fuck can anyone be hyped about anything related to InXile after the entire Bard's Tale debacle. Just look at BT4's original reveal teaser with the 'final' 'product'

Wasteland II was pretty shit too

• Disagree x 6
    • Agree x 4
    • it is a mystery x 4
    • Yes x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd
    They need to fire whoever is making these trailers. They are not good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. toro Arcane

toro
    It was. Check the Google Stadia video or the Greedfall thread.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    ^ Top  
  8. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    better than the previous one atleast

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ZeniBot Savant

ZeniBot
    :dontbelievehislies:

But anyway hey an RPG, the only RPG that actually fucking showed up to the event.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Empire of Sin ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Morkar illiterate

Morkar
    What a fucking ugly UI. You can't become more generic...

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Nifft Batuff Learned

Nifft Batuff
    I prefer the graphics style and UI of wasteland 2. This seems so generic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    This newspost has been augmented.

^ Top  
  14. Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    :neveraskedforthis:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Cipher

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico
    I thought they were both fairly horrendous, so while I'm not sold yet on the new solution, I can't really say I'm particularly concerned with the idea of matching the previous one.

Also, Fargo is bragging about winning "RPG of the Show"

which frankly at this point is feeling a bit like Governor Elaine Marley winning the elections on Melee Island.

• Funny x 6
    • nice x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Rivmusique Arcane Patron

Rivmusique
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It better be possible to turn on the guy speaking in the trailer. If I have to work for someone called "The Patriarch" like that's anything but pure evil, I WILL NOT BUY.

• NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Van-d-all Learned

Van-d-all
    Combat in that W3 trailer looks weak as fuck. Not only because it's another ShitX-Com clone, but the overall feel. This whole trailer steadily grows up to a combat scene, but when it actually starts the gun just goes "plop" like some erectile dysfunction med's advert.

CP2077 at least got some proper music back instead of that washed up soypunk.

As for VTMB2 annoying voice acting and advertising with RTX, gaming's most irrelevant technology of 2019, at best shows HardsuitLab's aspiration to join the AA league.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Kev Inkline Arcane

Kev Inkline
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I didn't ask for this.

Also, this is what half-assed ray tracing looks like:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Hey Infinitrion, make a news post about this or add it, it's a RPG also :happytrollboy:

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. luj1 You're all shills

luj1
    Yeah the UI seems like a soulless interface of an iPhone. Also, the music in the trailer is god damn awful. Ridiculous tone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Watched all three trailers.

I already forgot what was in them before finishing your posts.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Politician Lurker King

Politician
    It seems that they didn't improve anything in the gameplay front. The art direction is a massive improvement, but everything else looks the same.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Ulfhednar Learned

Ulfhednar
    InXsoft wins "Best RPG that hasn't been finished yet"... hey, that is actually appropriate.

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  24. Kaivokz Savant

Kaivokz
    This might be better phrased "betray" or "work against" or anything other than "turn on the guy."

^ Top  
  25. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    hey Delterius how do you like sun ray tracing tech in your vampire game?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)