Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gather your questions for an Outer Worlds leads interview

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
How will they avoid politicization of the medium, as well as agenda-pushing by often otherwise incompetent writers and developers, such as what lead to the Mass Defect: Androgyna debacle?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
How will they avoid politicization of the medium, as well as agenda-pushing by often otherwise incompetent writers and developers, such as what lead to the Mass Defect: Androgyna debacle?
Yeah definitely ask this question. Politicizing an otherwise completely apolitical article with a question like this is a brilliant way to combat the politicization of the medium. Well done.

Big Wrangle

Bullet sponges have been a problem with certain FPS Action RPGs. In the Game Informer gameplay video, enemies appeared to go down in a few shots. Was there a design choice to avoid this problem, or as it just early-game enemies? If the latter, how fragile would the player be to compensate?

Parabalus

Arcane
Will there be iron sights?

Did you learn anything from Dumpsterfire, particularly regarding player-is-a-NPC style plots?

pomenitul

Arbiter
Politicizing an otherwise completely apolitical article with a question like this is a brilliant way to combat the politicization of the medium. Well done.

Cockroach, you misunderstand Luckmann's private language, which he single-handedly designed to refute the Jew Wittgenstein. 'Apolitical' in his exalted idiom stands for 'fully consistent with the incontrovertible teachings of the hallowed Julius Evola and his followers'.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Politicizing an otherwise completely apolitical article with a question like this is a brilliant way to combat the politicization of the medium. Well done.

Cockroach, you misunderstand Luckmann's private language, which he single-handedly designed to refute the Jew Wittgenstein. 'Apolitical' in his exalted idiom stands for 'fully consistent with the incontrovertible teachings of the hallowed Julius Evola and his followers'.
Well, no, but it would definitely be an improvement, at least.

Big Wrangle

Will there be iron sights?
9Dh0Jr3.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, OP, is this a legit thing in the works are you just making a thread?
What Infinitron said was:
Infinitron , do we have a shot at making an interview with some of the leads? I can think of at least a few questions on the systems and combat, and I'm sure lots of other folks can come up with questions as well.

We might. I've considered it myself though I'm not sure I have anything urgent I'd like to ask. If you want to take point on this and gather questions then feel free.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
According to PC Gamer and other sites this is beign developed as an AA project; not as big (or expensive) as a AAA title and not as indie or experimental as games from smaller independent studios, so does this affect the actual size and scope of the game as opposed to beign that holy grail of game development the so called open world game or was the game always meant to be a more focused from a narrative perspective to be in the same vein as Bloodlines where the main gameworld is smaller but your character choices lead you to experience it in vastly different ways for example the Nosferatu vs Toreador playthrough?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Ask why they aren't shilling it on the Codex! TimCain

All you need to do is look at TOW thread to know why Tim Cain doesn't post around here: it'd be a threat to his job. Same goes for many other developers.
All they need to do is stop being afraid.

That is literally all it takes to break this corrosive cycle of virtue-signalling purity spirals and the politicals eating their own.

Doktor Best

Arcane
In one of the interviews you've mentioned the possibility of respecc. How do you want to integrate that into an what appears to be skillcheckheavy rpg and what approaches are you taking to avoid skillswapping just to backtrack and open chests/pass dialoguechecks the player normally should be able to?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
According to PC Gamer and other sites this is beign developed as an AA project; not as big (or expensive) as a AAA title and not as indie or experimental as games from smaller independent studios, so does this affect the actual size and scope of the game as opposed to beign that holy grail of game development the so called open world game or was the game always meant to be a more focused from a narrative perspective to be in the same vein as Bloodlines where the main gameworld is smaller but your character choices lead you to experience it in vastly different ways for example the Nosferatu vs Toreador playthrough?
So, this is a question about "vertical vs horizontal" size of the game?

Big Wrangle

Most "patrol" AIs don't account for verticality until alarmed.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Most "patrol" AIs don't account for verticality until alarmed.

Ah, so the game "thinks" that the player is on a higher level, like a platform or a roof and the AI can't see him...?

Which means that the level design in that area is badly "optimized", they should cut the stairs and put player and enemy on the same level.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ah, so the game "thinks" that the player is on a higher level, like a platform or a roof and the AI can't see him...?

Which means that the level design in that area is badly "optimized", they should cut the stairs and put player and enemy on the same level.
The idea that you should get the drop on him there is intentional.

Bocian

Arcane
Same goes for many other developers. It's too bad on both ends - that they can't come here to talk about game development because it could become a threat to their reputation/career, and that people around here can't tone it down just a little bit (at least in game discussion) to nurture such an atmosphere. In the end, games and their industry suffer as a result.
It's a matter to be despairing about - how fucked in the head most of this godforsaken industry is, that people who should be educated, intelligent and reasonable see talking on a purely free forum with free discourse as a threat. And there are rats like you who want to "tone it down" - tone what down? You want this to be dime-a-dozen forum where everything is moderated, and people like Infinitron engage in mass PR operation to castrate all forms of thought for brownie points with AAA developers?
Codex is supposed not to scale to your level.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

The idea that you should get the drop on him there is intentional.
This is true, and is why this is how it usually works in many, many games. The AI doesn't account for significant elevation because you're intended to not be noticed and the game facilitates that.

It is still shit, though. Nevermind lazy.
Will there be radio in the game? Mr. New Halcyon?

Or tv, newspaper?

Oh yeah I think this is an important question. I really hope we have an equivalent to Arcanum's Newspaper/Bloodlines' Tv Station :)
You know we're not getting that. We're getting some kind of Three-Dog.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
why do the women all look like unattractive dykes?

A developer would always answer this with "I don't know, they look pretty nice to me".

You will have to work hadrer for quality troll questions.
Why don't the womyn wear dresses and make-ups? Are you against women wearing dresses and make-ups? Remember this is a videogame and they don't have to look realistic, and many male videogame characters aren't realistic either.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Will it have gay transexual romances? For example, will i be able to start with a male character, make a sex change operation, and date females as a trans female character?
The real question is whether you can be a trans-nigger or not, you transracephobe. We need to be able to both change our sex and our race, and we also need to have an explicit entry on our sheets for sexuality, so that too can be changed explicitly.

I am also interested in whether or not we'll actually be able to be """morbidly""" obese this time around, and whether we're able to play as the differently abled, and if so, if we'll be able to actually make ourselves trans-abled if we aren't already.

End thin priviliege and pave the way for trans-ableism, it's time to dethrone well-adjusted and psychologically sound white men!

Edit: Pomenitul, Infinitron, Agentorange, Theshadylurker, and Maggot all confirmed to be thin-privlieged ableists transphobes that hate diversity. They should be banned and lose their jobs.

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
My question (since question about photonic weapons was asked): there will be grenades or something similar to them? And if there will be grenades, will they have different types? Will be they deadly (like in real life), or they will be bunch of useless firecrackers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom