Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gather your questions for an Outer Worlds leads interview

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Here's an important question. We know a bit about who the game's writers are. But who are its area designers/quest designers? Just as important if not moreso.
Seems like a bit of useless trivia given that Obsidian's area designer aren't exactly well-known or have detailed work history.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another question you could ask: Are you deliberately attempting to design a game that handles somewhat like Bethesda's Gamebryo engine did in Fallout: New Vegas? The rhythm of combat, animations, movement and so on.

Here's an important question. We know a bit about who the game's writers are. But who are its area designers/quest designers? Just as important if not moreso.
Seems like a bit of useless trivia given that Obsidian's area designer aren't exactly well-known or have detailed work history.

Well let's make them known. (Note: I may be trying to give the people who are currently obsessing about the game's writers a bit of perspective.)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well let's make them known. (Note: I may be trying to give the people who are currently obsessing about the game's writers a bit of perspective.)
It's established Codex Consensus that they don't give a damn about C&C if they don't care about the writing. :)

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Area designers rarely have the aim or opportunity for soapboxing, so it's unlikely there's anything to discuss.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Another question you could ask: Are you deliberately attempting to design a game that handles somewhat like Bethesda's Gamebryo engine did in Fallout: New Vegas? The rhythm of combat, animations, movement and so on.

So you specifically want to know how many of the level designers are women so the Codex can creepily fixate on them now too? For shame.

:D

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

This is something I myself have been wondering and I had a similar question about PoE back in the day, but of course no one would have answered it sincerely: when you are making a game "in the lines of" another game, do you also copy the trademark flaws of the source game, or do you try to rectify them?

Big Wrangle

To follow up on the "pacifist run" question, will it be possible, albeit probably difficult, to knock someone out?

sapetto

Novice
My questions:
  1. Will there be some kind of crafting/upgrading gear? Is there some RNG involved?
  2. Is there a fast travel possibility? If yes can you travel between planets? Are there any random encounters during the fast travel?
  3. Can you fly a spaceship?
  4. If you are in a town and do something bad can the NPCs report crimes to authorities?
  5. Are there stealth mechanics? Can you choose to do a quest by sneaking without killing anyone?
  6. Is there a weapon degradation system?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ah another question that I think is nice to ask:
Are they trying to create a "living world" with some sort of AI and NPCs doing things off screen, with their own schedules etc?

Vladimuar

Savant
Will it be possible to customize my character's armpit hair color? Living Coral (PANTONE 16-1546) is the color of 2019, FYI.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
How do skillchecks work? In the demo video there was lockpicking with a timer, but is the check behind it deterministic or non-deterministic? Is the same principle used in all the other in-world skillchecks?

Quillon

Arcane
Is there a disconnect between Earth and its farthest colony? Will we hear news/see recent arrivals from Earth/other colonies far away?

Sannom

Augur
1. Were the [Dumb] options in the demo made available because of the character's statistics?
2. You can apparently involve the character Ellie in a number of the discussions in that same demo, will such companion involvement be a thing for all of them?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's been weeks, so is this something they've agreed to do or was it all just wishful thinking? :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom