Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Geneforge 4 released on Windows

Jason

chasing a bee
The code unlocks the full game immediately.

NoisyKillerHPB

Scholar
One question I can't find the answer to, how does stealing exactly work in this example? I went into a room and grabbed some cash out of a just (with the NY flag), and just grabbed it without anyone seeing me. Is it basically my money now and since I got it without being seen I don't have to worry any consequences?

Jason

chasing a bee
I assume they give you an unlock code. But no, no it doesn't.
Do you mean they didn't give you an unlock code? Did you choose to have a CD mailed to you?
Is it basically my money now and since I got it without being seen I don't have to worry any consequences?
It's only a problem if someone sees you steal it.

The Public Enemy

Educated
Just buy 4 without the "pamphlet" and get on with it.

Hell, where is the option to do that? It says shipping costs are free if nothing is mailed - which, if you don't a CD, I assume is implicit. I didn't get a CD when I bought it and had to pay for the shipping. Never mind, I know this isn't the Spider Web support forum, I don't care, but it looks like there was an error somewhere or I am fucking dumb. Anyhow, noticed how the price got up to 28 bucks, too? Must be for those temperature effects.

Dhruin

Liturgist
The very first column is "game only" -- $28. Are you saying you chose this option and paid more?

Jed

Cipher
The Public Enemy said:
Anyhow, noticed how the price got up to 28 bucks, too? Must be for those temperature effects.
Honestly, what are you complaining about? A huge old-school style cRPG for under $30? And you don't even have to drive to the store to purchase it?

Psilon

Erudite
NoisyKillerHPB said:
One question I can't find the answer to, how does stealing exactly work in this example? I went into a room and grabbed some cash out of a just (with the NY flag), and just grabbed it without anyone seeing me. Is it basically my money now and since I got it without being seen I don't have to worry any consequences?

Spiderweb theft in a nutshell: Only take NY items when no one is visible. If you're seen by anyone when the larceny takes place, bad things usually happen. Conversely, if no one's in LOS when you take the item, you will never be caught. There is no "stolen" flag attached to purloined loot; you can sell a shopkeeper's bedroom right back to the shopkeeper.

Fez

Erudite
It's done by a code, so it is immediate and you can keep your saves and so on.

The Public Enemy

Educated
The very first column is "game only" -- $28. Are you saying you chose this option and paid more?

It was a while ago, I can't bother to dig up the bill, so no confirmation here. But I did receive some stuff in the mail.

Honestly, what are you complaining about? A huge old-school style cRPG for under $30? And you don't even have to drive to the store to purchase it?

No complaining, I was wondering what was the raise for, or if it was usual for new games.

mytgroo

Scholar
I really enjoyed playing it in windows. There are some nice new creations, plus the old creations handle much better. The stealth system works pretty well, and you actually have to use your essence pods and living tools strategically. There is a decent amount of strategy in the game. There are some really tough areas to finish where you have to plan what you are going to do. It is worth getting.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Fez said:
It's done by a code, so it is immediate and you can keep your saves and so on.
Yes, but it's not "press button - get key" immediate; see here.

I got my keys for Avernums 1-3 a few hours after paying, in an e-mail from Vogel himself :D.

Deathy

Liturgist
Nice, this one works in WINE. I've had trouble with trying be a linux and indie rpg nerd at the same time with previous Spiderweb games.
The world map screen is ridiculously slow, though.

Jed

Cipher
My only complaints so far: sluggish mouse speed with no obvious way to adjust and no built in windowed mode. Otherwise, I'm having a blast. I love being a magic user in Vogel's games, a class I almost always neglect in other games.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
The Public Enemy said:
Just buy 4 without the "pamphlet" and get on with it.

Hell, where is the option to do that? It says shipping costs are free if nothing is mailed - which, if you don't a CD, I assume is implicit. I didn't get a CD when I bought it and had to pay for the shipping. Never mind, I know this isn't the Spider Web support forum, I don't care, but it looks like there was an error somewhere or I am fucking dumb. Anyhow, noticed how the price got up to 28 bucks, too? Must be for those temperature effects.

No, it is a scam. Even if you don't want anything them mail you a one page letter and charge you like 8 bucks S&H. Pretty bullshit if you ask me.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
WHAT? Horrible. I think you should post it on their forums, I somehow have respect towards Vogel & Co. and think it's a mistake.

Fez

Erudite
I'd be surprised at that turn of events. Much like Elwro I've never had any trouble with them before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom