Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Isn't it an option to simply not leave a review? According to his Linkedin George only wrote reviews for 7 of his inXile coworkers (excluding Saunders), and it's not like he only worked with 7 people there.
1- If Beekers left his review first, there's basically no option but to give one back, or you're just an asshole. I can't see who left the first one.
2- If they had a conflict, it may have been just a professional thing to do to show that you've got no beef.
3- Zyklon could've asked for it, they could've been friends.
4- Plenty of other reasons.

Because there's so many unrelated reasons, I don't read the reviews. They could mean anything from "this guys is terrible, I fucking hate him" to "I'm his butt buddy, we fuck".

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They could mean anything from "this guys is terrible, I fucking hate him" to "I'm his butt buddy, we fuck".
You say this like these are mutually exclusive.
thinking.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If "Commiefornia" is so bad then why does anything creative of merit come from there? When was the last incline CRPG to come out of the flyover states?
Disco Elysium came from Tallinn, which is in Europe, not in any US state, definitely not in cucklifornia.
I am pretty sure most of Europe is more left than even California. State funded universities and health care and paid vacations and pain maternity leave is every person right in most of Europe. You know the things that Bernie wants to bring to USA and people are calling him a Commie because of it..
You sound like a retard,murican politics are only about muh money while political affiliations in Evropa are based on ideology. Social services are part of every evro country,it have nothing to do with politics. Fuck,you americans are far too stupid and self-centred.

If "Commiefornia" is so bad then why does anything creative of merit come from there? When was the last incline CRPG to come out of the flyover states?

It has passed maybe a decade since the last time america produced any good game,let alone RPG. I don't know if you are seriously that retarded lol.

Where's it located? DoA if it's in California.

Ohio

It seem like somebody got tired from all the shit and needle covered streets of liberty paradise.

Trashos

Arcane
If G Ziets isn’t a big fan of The Smiths/Morrissey, that haircut is just wasted.

I know Moz has been having a good career in the US, but do Americans really know about The Smiths? I am impressed. Very British sound too.

I don't think I ever met any American who knew The Smiths when I was in the US, but that was back when Moz had just moved there.

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Hopefully Matt Barton will ask him about it in the full interview. If he's evasive and refuses to give a straight answer, you'll know something happened.

(Alternatively G Ziets could just tell us right now.)

If I recall (it was a long interview), Matt didn’t ask me about the circumstances of leaving InXile, so I’m happy to answer that here. I actually gave InXile several months notice and planned for my departure to follow a major milestone when the content design (levels and narrative) was solid, and all that remained was polish, bug fixing, VO, etc.

Brian has always been good to me, so I will admit to feeling some guilt about leaving, but I wanted to do it before I got transferred to another project. It’s far worse to leave in the early-mid days of a project than at the tail end as your work is wrapping up. I still chat with some of those guys regularly – they’ve been pretty helpful and supportive.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
G Ziets I noticed you mentioned a lot of good settings in the Matt Chat interview that you would like to work on.. but you left out Planescape? Is it because you forgot it? Or maybe you wouldn't like working on it? Or maybe it's because Numenera?

P.S Sincerely good luck with your new studio!

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
G Ziets I noticed you mentioned a lot of good settings in the Matt Chat interview that you would like to work on.. but you left out Planescape? Is it because you forgot it? Or maybe you wouldn't like working on it? Or maybe it's because Numenera?

That's a good point. I always assume that WotC wouldn't want to license Planescape because they turned it down for the Torment Kickstarter, but if they could be convinced, a Planescape adventure would be fantastic to work on.

Thanks!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Disco Elysium came from Tallinn, which is in Europe, not in any US state, definitely not in cucklifornia.
I am pretty sure most of Europe is more left than even California. State funded universities and health care and paid vacations and pain maternity leave is every person right in most of Europe. You know the things that Bernie wants to bring to USA and people are calling him a Commie because of it..
You sound like a retard,murican politics are only about muh money while political affiliations in Evropa are based on ideology. Social services are part of every evro country,it have nothing to do with politics. Fuck,you americans are far too stupid and self-centred.
I am not from America.
And everything is about politics. If you don't understand that, you should drink less. Just in case of Europe these political battles were fought and won long ago. America is just a retarded version of Europe and still fighting vs progress.

ArchAngel

Arcane

That's a good point. I always assume that WotC wouldn't want to license Planescape because they turned it down for the Torment Kickstarter, but if they could be convinced, a Planescape adventure would be fantastic to work on.

Thanks!
I would love to see a Ravenloft game made by you.
It is an awesome setting if one just resists to make it about killing evil.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
G Ziets I assume that you are still solo for now? Is a game in isometric view something you are willing to make? One last question, can we expect combat in whatever games you decide to make?

The real final question(s): Do you know about Disco Elysium and have you played it?

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
G Ziets congrats at opening a new studio. Are you going to focus purely on making RPGs? Or games of other genres are also a possibility?

Also, what is your favourite RPG from the last decade?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I love how everybody is swarming to the thread hoping for Ziets October of Rage where heartbroken George reveals that brutal dictator Brian Fargo was manhandling employees with a whip, and then George himself shows up and ruins the fun by saying everything was koombaya.

:rpgcodex:

deuxhero

Arcane

Thanks!

Plenty of TSR settings now owned by WotC that would make a good RPG that haven't been touched.
Gamma World
Dark Matter
Metamorphosis Alpha
Gothic Earth/Masque of the Red Death

Also Eberron, but that's WotC original (There's technically two games, but both D&D Online and that shitty RTS reject almost everything about the setting in favor of something more generic)

Question is more of if WotC is interested in licensing, especially to a new studio. Not to mention if licensing is even viable compared to creating ones own setting they own.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom