Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Geralt of Rivia vs Dovakin of Skyrim

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
ITT skyrim players outed. :D

DraQ

Arcane
Just using lore and assuming both are on their peak strength, Dovahkiin has to win, obviously. That being is just extremely powerful, while a Witcher would rank rather low on an Elder Scrolls power scale. The most powerful beings in Witcher are supposedly dragons IIRC and the Dovahkiin just farts those out of the sky at will.

Taking actual game mechanics into account, Geralt might have a chance due to being way more experienced and able to "exploit" things.

Taking meta-knowledge and memes into account, Dovahkiin has no chance at all.
Using Thu'um to slow down time negates Geralt's drug and mutation powered reflexes.
At this point it boils to great swordsman who dabbles in some basic magic VS powerful battlemage who can also shout reality into submission.

The only way for Geralt to have any chance would be him using assassin tactics which would be very out of character for him - although if Dovahkiin was my Skyrim character, the actual battle would most likely be a drinking contest - no point trying to kill a tru bro like Geralt.
Not really. Geralt being, well, Geralt, would probably have found a way to simply mute the Dovahkiin.
If I understand it correctly (and given that Bethesda sure as hell doesn't know or give a shit about its own lore, I might be as right or wrong as I want to), the shout power very much depends on someone's ability to be actually able to vocalize. The right herbs a morning before and you're down to "just" a battlemage.
And an ordinary (if extremely powerful) wizard with a metal staff was once enough to beat Geralt senseless without doing anything flashy.
High level battlemage would be more than a match and that still assumes Geralt being able to effectively poison his opponent beforehand.

PorkBarrellGuy

ITT skyrim players outed. :D

You sort of have to play it to understand why it's such an incredible piece of shit. I mean, you can learn a lot from Johnny Youtuber or whatever, but to be able to actually UNDERSTAND everything that is fucking wrong with it, you kind of have to get hands-on with it.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I always love this kind of threads. Because you see the hipster brigade come out of the woodwork and admit they know every little detail about "popamole" games like Skyrim and Witcher... While on all other threads they say those games sucked and were not true RPGs....

naossano

Cipher
I always love this kind of threads. Because you see the hipster brigade come out of the woodwork and admit they know every little detail about "popamole" games like Skyrim and Witcher... While on all other threads they say those games sucked and were not true RPGs....

That doesn't seem that mutually exclusive. People wouldn't talk about politic otherwise...

PorkBarrellGuy

This is called a kafkatrap.

"Skyrim sucks."
"How do you know, did you play it?"

If "No": "LOL YOU RETARD YOU'RE JUST TALKING SHIT"
If "Yes": "LOL YOU RETARD YOU PLAYED A SHITTY GAME"

To be fair, I didn't pay for it. It was given to me. (I probably would have never played it otherwise, to be honest.)

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
I think this is probably a batman vs superman thing, where batman can only really win if he's forewarned and can plan ahead, since the dragonborn has the potential to be basically invulnerable due to potions/armour enhancements, can kill Geralt in one hit with pretty much anything (with enough enchantments), can stop time to chug potions or eat food, has access to paralysis and invisibility, use shouts to slow time/rush forwards/etc. Geralt's character seems like he's supposed to have a believable (ish) limit on what he can do and how strong he can be; the dragonborn does not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom