Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of a Tale - stealth action-RPG where you play a mouse

Porenferser

Barely Literate
Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ghost-of-a-tale#/

https://www.ghostofatale.com

https://af.gog.com/game/ghost_of_a_tale?as=1649904300

Greetings Codex.
I've been reading here for many years and now is the time to join you.
Reason:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ghost-of-a-tale/x/3165792?c=home

I immidiately fell in love with it.
I hope you people like it too and donate to make it happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fens

Ford of the Llies
"Porenferser" ... i see what you did there ... but wouldn't "Pubeljerser" be more appropriate in this case ?

20130209092437-ghost_06.jpg

seeing how this is made by somebody proficient at animation and not at game design, good luck... but no purchase

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've been reading here for many years and now is the time to join you... because I need money.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
:necro:

It seems that the funding for this project is in danger. 43.462€ raised of 45.000€ Goal and there are only 57 hours to go.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Environments look great, clearly a lot of passion went into visual design, but, like Guild Wars 2, the game appears to be made for furries.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Indiegogo is not like Kickstarter, you don't need to meet the goal to get the money.
EDIT:
This campaign will only receive funds if at least 45.000€ is raised by Mon 20 May 11:59PM PT.
Or I thought, I pretty much think I saw campaigns that didn't need it, I check it again.

EDIT2:
Flexible Funding
Keep the funds you raise by a certain date, even if you don’t reach your goal.
Good if your project can use whatever amount of funds you can raise.
You can receive funds via direct credit card or PayPal
Your maximum campaign length is 60 days
We charge a 4% fee if you reach your goal, and a 9% fee if you don’t
Fixed Funding
Contributions are refunded if you don’t meet your goal.
Good if your project can’t happen unless you reach your goal.
You receive funds via PayPal only
Your maximum campaign length is 60 days
We charge a 4% fee if you reach your goal, and no fee if you don’t,
but you get no money

So they chose fixed.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Environments look great, clearly a lot of passion went into visual design, but, like Guild Wars 2, the game appears to be made for furries.

It's one man show. A single animator with 15+ years of experience.

Dr Tomo

Learned
seeing how this is made by somebody proficient at animation and not at game design, good luck... but no purchase

:lol: At this point I really don't see how having a background in game design means anything in this industry anymore. AAA churns out lots of turds that people lap up all the time and they have tons of designers to make retarded decisions up till release. Doesn't surprise me that the Codex is filled with cynics if the current stock in the industry has a background in "game design".

Fens

Ford of the Llies

:lol: At this point I really don't see how having a background in game design means anything in this industry anymore. AAA churns out lots of turds that people lap up all the time and they have tons of designers to make retarded decisions up till release. Doesn't surprise me that the Codex is filled with cynics if the current stock in the industry has a background in "game design".
when i look at this project, i see pretty screenshots, but i expect a horribly unoptimized mess with little player input trying to be a cinematic(tm) experience(r)

it's the interactivity aspect i expect from a game designer, but not from an animator, which makes me be suspicious here

Dr Tomo

Learned
when i look at this project, i see pretty screenshots, but i expect a horribly unoptimized mess with little player input trying to be a cinematic(tm) experience(r)

I have seen the same problems you described from pub's that actually employ dozens if not hundreds of designers and so at this point I think a trained monkey can do game design. Hell some of the members on the codex actually understand the concept of game design better in comparison to the vets and the only difference is the technical side which anyone can learn. I mean you can't explain Ryze away and the brilliant minds that thought up that game :lol:. Hell Levine doesn't have any game design background and it was mostly writing and so he came up with Infinite which many people jerk off too.

So in a nut shell you, me, or anyone can do game design if we look inside the septic tank of the VG industry and what comes out of it.

edit* forgot to add that I would have agreed with you a decade ago and I am sure someone on the codex will disagree with me on this point as well

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Now try to imagine how this game would had it been developped by a full team of 2 people and a real budget of 100 000$.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Latest update:

Hi all! And Happy New Year! This is just to show you that the press is taking note of Ghost of a Tale. For example here we have FOUR full-color lavish pages in the latest issue of “The Game” (#4), a French magazine dealing with video games and their creators.

Some of the pictures are from older builds and don’t quite do justice to the current look of the game, yet I believe it serves as a wonderful introduction to Ghost of a Tale for anyone unfamiliar with it:

GOAT01.jpg

GOAT02.jpg

The game had already been mentioned before in a magazine, but never THAT sumptuously! This is really exciting!

And in the magazine we even afford the luxury of appearing just before a small lesser-known game called “Uncharted 4″ and an interview with Naughty Dog…!

[link]

Edit: There are more updates on the site but I guess who is interested can check the link by itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom