Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

Indranys

Savant
I'm not a jap expert man.
That being said, I'm still not feeling any Kamakura vibe from those videos man.
The game feels just like a fake sengoku cinematic bullshit to me.
It's just another pop kultur samurai/ninja game with the last samurai or taiga drama generic aesthetics man.
Only weeaboos can appreciate that kind of shit.
Such a pity man.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
I'm not a jap expert man.
That being said, I'm still not feeling any Kamakura vibe from those videos man.
The game feels just like a fake sengoku cinematic bullshit to me.
It's just another pop kultur samurai/ninja game with the last samurai or taiga drama generic aesthetics man.
Only weeaboos can appreciate that kind of shit.
Such a pity man.
It is a game made for weeabos and cinematic bullshit crowd. Seems appropriate.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Second son was shit, but infamous 1 was pretty cool. Hopefully the map isn't full of inane boring crap to do this time around.

Big Wrangle

The enemies should really get a really really big AI upgrade in the final product. Not only for the sake of challenge but also because of the theme. It's seemingly about a samurai slowly abandoning his way and becoming an assassin to have a chance at victory. It'd be a nice way to integrate the mechanics with the story.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It is a game made for weeabos and cinematic bullshit crowd. Seems appropriate.

Let's reserve our judgement. Weaboos yes but I don't have strong cinematic crap vibes from this. First, it's open world so no Last of Us corridor cinematic bullshit here. And second the trailer was clearly made in a free-float camera mode, hence the cinematic streak. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an Assassin's Creed type of deal control-wise.

In fact it looks maybe too much like AssCreed in feudal Japan. Let's hope we'll get something more substantial than a light romp through a theme-park world.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Its ugly as fuck now, but could have been gud in another timeline.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
PS4 Games DELAY: Has Ghost of Tsushima release date been pushed back by new job leak?

The new job listing posted on behalf of Sucker Punch Productions was asking for a Narrative Writer. Specifically, a Narrative Writer who can “help create engaging narrative content” for Ghost of Tsushima.
Apparently, Sucker Punch wants to hire for a "full-time, contract position", with the chosen candidate helping development of story and writing dialogue.

Don't expect to hear too much more about Ghost Of Tsushima any time soon - don't forget, Sony is even skipping E3 this year, too...

sullynathan

Arcane
Probably going to be a PS5 release game like a bunch of the other PS4 games that were shown/announced and never got release date. It's smart too, they can easily double dip between PS4/5 even though they shouldn't because backwards compatability.

Wunderbar

Arcane
What's up with all of these sony exclusives?
Last of us 2, days gone and this game were announced like 3 years ago. Are they restarting development from scratch or something? Why is it taking them so long?

sullynathan

Arcane
What's up with all of these sony exclusives?
Last of us 2, days gone and this game were announced like 3 years ago. Are they restarting development from scratch or something? Why is it taking them so long?
They're practically delaying them to release with PS5. Even cyberpunk 2077 is doing the same

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I believe they will be released for both PS4 and PS5 as transitional titles, like GTA and the original Last of Us. They can sell them twice, make double the money.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I believe they will be released for both PS4 and PS5 as transitional titles, like GTA and the original Last of Us. They can sell them twice, make double the money.
PS4 games will be backward comp with the PS5, so.. Unless they make some 4K PS5 edition release.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
perhaps Anita Sarkeesian had to be consulted to make sure that enough Samurai are women and transgender.

Actually history already has them covered (at least with regard to female samurai):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onna-bugeisha

I actually read something of the sort in James Clavell about a female form of seppuku by cutting the throat.

If there were actual female samurai on the battlefield then they should be in the game because it is something different and cool to encounter them.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-6_22-8-12.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-6_22-8-12.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 179

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Hm, there were definitely homosexual Samurai. This is from actual Hagakure

"A young man should test an older man for at least five years, and if he is assured of that person's attentions, then he too should request the relationship. A fickle person will not enter deeply into a relationship and later will abandon his lover

If they can assist and devote their lives to each other, then their nature can be ascertained. But if [only] one partner is crooked, then the other should say that there are hindrances to the relationship, and sever it with firmness. If the first should ask what those hindrances are, then one should respond that he will never in his life say. If he should continue to push the matter, one should get angry. If he continues to push even further, cut him down with your sword."

This old Japanese way makes sense to me: if an older man approaches you for 5 years and you love him too, that's fine but if you are not gay and he keeps pushing then kill him angrily with your sword.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom