Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Story Games - Ken Levine and former Irrational devs' new studio

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by LESS T_T, Feb 23, 2017.

1. conan_edw Savant Patron

conan_edw
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Something is probably making it taking longer than they intended as I remember him saying back in summer 2017 that they will start talking about the game next year (which is supposed to be 2018) but nothing happened until now. The tweet seems to be deleted but I found a french site that reported on it.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/69938-ken-levine-bioshock-pas-de-nouvelles-de-son-prochain-jeu-cet

^ Top  
  2. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. conan_edw Savant Patron

conan_edw
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    So this is a vaporware?

• Yes Yes x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Now with logo: https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018132402

[​IMG]

This looks more like a logo for studio than a game.

Also another trademark by Take Two "31ST UNION": http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=88639004&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Well, will we see something at DoritoPope's award show?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. ciox Learned

ciox
    This seems like it's going to be something weird/slow/confused/troubled all over again like with UA, SSR, SS3... instead of something cool and good, with clear goals, and where the development chugs along at a nice pace.

Fuarkkkkk just get the old team back together and make something like System Shock 2, or the original plan for BioShock that more closely resembled Shock 2.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. vortex Fabulous Optimist

vortex
    Maybe it is that new San Francisco studio with Bioshock 4 title.

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ciox Learned

ciox
    I am expecting a Bioshock 4 made without Levine's involvement any time now, in fact, I thought something would have been announced long ago when the remaster hype was still going on.

It would be interesting since they can't just copy the entire story and mechanics of another game like with BioShock 2, they'd have to actually do some legwork, tbh I would bet on it being a) set in Rapture b) more streamlined than ever before c) with an extra helping of mega-cucked present day politics

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. vortex Fabulous Optimist

vortex
    I'm quite on the opposite angle.
    a) Infinite set up multiple universes one of which is Rapture
    b) you will be free to explore multiple universes when you unlock them through the lighthouse like a hub
    c) you'll be able to play shooting stuff or with more stealth approach
    d) more RPG nuances

^ Top  
  9. Squadcar Learned

Squadcar
    This is likely. How good or fun it will be? That's another story.

^ Top  
  10. ciox Learned

ciox
    The problem is fans want Rapture more than anything else, and there is also a lot of clamoring for seeing more of pre-disaster Rapture/Columbine and walking around.
    So there's pressure to either clone the first game or make some walking sim experience set in the pre-disaster worlds that have already been designed, neither of these jives with infinite universes very well.

Tbh regardless of whether it's fans or cash grabbing publishers that end up having the most influence, odds are we'll get what's essentially a reboot of the first game, Force Awakens style.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    Will Jordan Thomas be the main man behind Bioshock 4? He's the only brain I trust that can handle this glorious franchise.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)