Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GhostDog's PST UI mod v2.2 - UNEXPECTEDLY UPDATED 3.11.2021

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yah but blur moar stuff

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Version 1.0 has been released !

The mod has been renamed from "Widescreen UI mod" to "GhosDog's PST UI mod" since now it also supports the 1280x1024 resolution. The renaming madness ends here. :)
Apart from the new resolution. the other important addition is that now you have the option of using 2 new bigger fonts if your monitor is not big enough for the in-game text to show clearly. Check the first post and the readme for more details.

Starwars

Arcane
I started up a Torment replay with Qwinns latest releases, and I'm glad I found this mod as well before I started out.

Great work! I'm playing the game in 1280x1024 and it just looks so damn good. I'm not really anti-3d or anything but when you see a game looking like this... It's hard not to wish for more isometric games.
Found it slightly hard to read the text at first (I installed the default size) but found it was mostly my eyes needing to get used to it. No problems now.

Fantastic!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Thanks guys, the 2d artwork of games like Torment, ToEE and BG2 beats almost anything in 3d I've seen. Starwars, you could try the 30% bigger fonts, it will probably make reading much easier.

xaemar

Novice
First, thanks for this really great mod for Planescape! It is so much appreciated!

But there is a little problem (I don't know if I could call this a problem); when I move the camera, about the middle, it begins to move diagonally, as if it was 640x480 in a resolution of 1280x768. I don't know if I'm the only person to experience this problem and if I explained myself correctly (English isn't my native language).

Thanks again for this great mod that makes Planescape:Torment an even greater game!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
But there is a little problem (I don't know if I could call this a problem); when I move the camera, about the middle, it begins to move diagonally, as if it was 640x480 in a resolution of 1280x768.
Yes I'm aware of this, The new version I'm currently working on, will resolve this.

Silva

Arcane
Hi,

In all links I tried (Spellhold, Computergames.ro) the download is blocked by the end (in the ghostdogsomething.exe) by my antivirus, saying its a worm.

I disabled my antivirus and downloaded it. Then when a ran it, it showed a message like "this device cant be found" or something.

Please help me. :(

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Silva said:
Hi,

In all links I tried (Spellhold, Computergames.ro) the download is blocked by the end (in the ghostdogsomething.exe) by my antivirus, saying its a worm.

I disabled my antivirus and downloaded it. Then when a ran it, it showed a message like "this device cant be found" or something.

Please help me. :(
Have you followed the installation instructions? First of all you need to make a full install of Torment, then you must install Bigg's widescreen mod with the resolution you want the UI to have (1280x800, 1280x768 or 1280x1024) and then install my mod. Have you done these 3 steps? The readme has detailed instructions.

Also, could you tell me what anivirus you are using?

Edit: When I'm talking about a full install I'm not talking about the big installation size option during the game install, you can find the correct procedure here: http://www.bootstrike.com/Torment/Online/tti1.html

Tigranes

Arcane
After a while I got the mod to work ghostdog, it makes a big difference. Many awesomes.

If you are planning on further updates, it'd be great to have consistent layouts for windows; e.g. if things like the Inventory window could become full-screen with edited backgrounds, like the Journal. Is it just not done yet because of the amount of work, or are there coding issues?

There is also a bit of flickering when I am moving the camera around on fog of war areas. Not a big deal, but thought I'd let you know.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'm glad you've liked it Tigranes.
I'm planning for an update in the next month when I'll have some more free time. No plans for a change in the window layout though. I think it looks fine as it is and yes, there are some issues in changing it. The new version will include 1280x720 support and some new fixes among other things.

I've also seen a slight flickering in the fog when you are scrolling across the screen, but I don't think it has anything to do with my mod. It's probably the fact that you you are watching the fog at a much higher resolution than the original and the quick scrolling produces this effect.

Silva

Arcane
Problem solved. Sorry it was stupidity of my part.

Now do someone know if there is a patch that only centralizes the screen in pure widescreen mod? Ive dowlnoad the v2 but it is still on the top left. :(

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'm not sure if what you want exists silva. Taplonaplo at one point was making something like that, but I don't know if he ever finished it. You can try sending him a pm, he is a member here.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Any word for a 1024 version? 1280 is a bit too small for my tastes.

Cambios

Scholar
This is absolutely amazing work.

I am psyched to learn that there is still an active fan community tweaking and improving what is (imho) the best CRPG of all time.

Great stuff!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom