Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghostwire: Tokyo - a new action adventure from The Evil Within studio

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://bethesda.net/en/game/ghostwire-tokyo

Just a teaser:

Teased at the 2019 Bethesda Showcase, watch the trailer for GhostWire: Tokyo, a new action-adventure game brought to you by the team at Tango Gameworks.

After strange disappearances hit Tokyo’s population, it’s up to you to uncover the source and purge the city of a strange, new evil. Armed with your own mysterious spectral abilities, you will face down the occult, unravel conspiracy theories and experience urban legends like never before.

Don’t fear the unknown. Attack it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Like I said in the Deathloop thread, I hate when they announce shit but don't even tell you what fucking genre the game is. I'm guessing open world melee action on this one, but who knows.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Like I said in the Deathloop thread, I hate when they announce shit but don't even tell you what fucking genre the game is. I'm guessing open world melee action on this one, but who knows.

Action-adventure.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://wccftech.com/mikami-ghostwi...of-game-its-been-in-pre-production-for-years/

Mikami: GhostWire Tokyo Is a Completely New Type of Game, It’s Been in Pre-Production for Years
By Alessio Palumbo
12 mins ago
Share Tweet Submit

It's been a long time since we heard anything about GhostWire Tokyo, the intriguing action/adventure game with horror elements announced by Tango GameWorks during Bethesda's E3 2019 press conference. In fact, fans might have been a bit worried about the state of the game given that director Ikumi Nakamura left Tango GameWorks back in September 2019.

Thankfully, in a new interview with IGN, Tango GameWorks Executive Producer Shinji Mikami shared a few new tidbits on GhostWire Tokyo, describing it as a completely new type of game and adding that it's been in pre-production for a few years. However, it seems like everything might be going smoothly now.

Ghostwire Tokyo Announced by Resident Evil Creator Shinji Mikami, Trippy Trailer Released

GhostWire Tokyo is a completely new type of game so I really hope people look forward to it. We started with the idea that the director Ikumi Nakamura had and the idea that she wanted to make. The initial team started with about five people and we worked on it for six months. We then expanded to 10 people and we worked on it for a few years before we went into full production.

This is probably the longest I’ve taken on any game I’ve made in the past. I came on to assist the team around the beginning of 2019.

To clarify exactly how involved Mikami, a legend in the games industry known for Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Devil May Cry, Vanquish and The Evil Within, is with GhostWire Tokyo Tango GameWorks PR shared the following information in the interview.

Mr. Mikami is talking about the GhostWire Tokyo team here, and for projects where he isn't the director he respects the director's opinions and focuses on only assisting the director, so when he says he's "assisting" he's not being humble. However, Mr. Mikami is the executive producer at Tango and has vast experience making games, so he helps the director make the game “more fun for the player."

We're certainly hoping to learn more about GhostWire Tokyo soon. The official blurb does make it sound different from Mikami's previous games.

After strange disappearances hit Tokyo’s population, it’s up to you to uncover the source and purge the city of a strange, new evil. Armed with your own mysterious spectral abilities, you will face down the occult, unravel conspiracy theories and experience urban legends like never before.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tokyo is overrun by deadly supernatural forces after 99% of the city's population vanished. Use a powerful arsenal of spectral abilities to fight the paranormal threat and unravel the mystery behind the mass disappearance.
FACE THE UNKNOWN, discover the truth and save the city when Ghostwire: Tokyo arrives in 2021.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At first I wanted to get a Silent Hill type of feeling from this, then I see the gameplay trailer and apparently you're just running around shooting ghosts with fireballs. Yawn?

Deflowerer

Arcane
Dunno, they already did something like Silent Hill / Resident Evil with Evil Within. Glad they didn't go that route, frankly.

Mikami has a great knack for action, so I'm pretty optimistic.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.videogamer.com/news/for...irector-ikumi-nakamura-opens-new-indie-studio

Former GhostWire: Tokyo creative director Ikumi Nakamura opens new indie studio
Reveals she left Tango Gameworks due to illness
0fa85d3d-eaf6-4b5b-9b74-7e8d44e7b71f_bd21390e-0978-4136-a546-872f034c4025_https___specials-images.forbesimg.com_imageserve_5d70a8c144f2b2000803b581_0x0.jpg

Former Ghostwire Tokyo creative director and concept artist on Bayonetta Ikumi Nakamura has revealed that she has started a new indie studio in her native Japan that will be working on a new, as yet unnamed IP.

As spotted by PlayDiaries, the announcement came in the latest episode of mini-documentary called Cutscenes from YouTube documentarians Archipel, in which Nakamura reveals that she started up the new studio after a brief period travelling the world following her departure from Tango Gameworks in 2019.

While it's early days yet for the fledging studio (which is also yet to get a name), Nakamura says their first project will be a brand new IP, saying "It was the chance for me to travel and learn what made a good working environment. I decided to use that experience to open my small studio, and build my IP."

She also hopes to bring in talent from all over the world with her new studio, another decision fuelled by her travels, saying "Of course there’s a language barrier, but even for someone like me who can’t speak English, I want to speak with people who have the curiosity to learn and understand each other. If I can form this type of team to work on a new game, I feel that we’ll be able to bring something new to the players, so this is the approach I want to take for my studio and my IP."

Nakamura also talks on the decisions that led to her leaving Tango Gameworks, despite only having revealed GhostWire: Tokyo a few months prior at that year's E3, saying "I started wondering whether there wasn’t a way for me to make games while feeling better. I took the decision to quit before it was too late."

Nakamura also notes the difficulties on walking away from the project following her very successful showing at E3, but noted how inspiring it was to receive emails, many of them from women in the industry, who were happy to see a female game creator getting on stage to show their game and how motivating it was for them.

Check out the documentary for yourself below, and we look forward to seeing what's next from Nakamura and her new studio. In the meantime, GhostWire: Tokyo is set for launch exclusively on PlayStation 5 and PC later this year, in spite of Tango Gameworks becoming an Xbox Game Studio following the latter's purchase of Bethesda.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Mikami tries to make her the next studio director, she flaunts on some game show, fucks up the project, becomes pregnant and then leaves.

Woman, not even once.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tokyo is overrun by deadly supernatural forces, perpetrated by a dangerous occultist with warped beliefs known as Hannya, causing Tokyo’s population to vanish in an instant. Ally with a powerful spectral entity on their quest for vengeance and master a powerful arsenal of abilities to unravel the dark truth behind the disappearance as you FACE THE UNKNOWN in Ghostwire: Tokyo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom