Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glorious Codex BloodBowl League

Mantiis

Cipher
From the ashes of the last failed League thread comes the new and improved most Glorious Codex BloodBowl League (GCBBL) thread.

What little information I have:

League Name: GCBBL
Password: rpgcodex

<table cellpadding="5" border="1"><tr><td><b>CodexName</b></td><td><b>CoachName</b></td><td><b>Race</b></td><td><b>GMT</b></td><td><b>Steam</b></td></tr><tr><td>Mantiis</td><td>ManT</td><td>Lizards</td><td>+10</td><td>ManT</td></tr><tr><td>headache</td><td>notule</td><td>Skaven</td><td>-8</td><td>Benjamin Barker</td></tr><tr><td>Abraxas</td><td>Saxarba</td><td>Human</td><td>+2</td><td>dorkzombie</td></tr><tr><td>Perfect Fool</td><td>23rdCypher</td><td>Chaos</td><td>+0 (Standard)</td><td>23rdCypher</td></tr><tr><td>OldSkoolKamikaze</td><td>OldSkoolKamikaze</td><td>Human</td><td>-5</td><td>OldSkoolKamikaze</td></tr><tr><td>Sovard</td><td>Seance</td><td>Dwarf</td><td>-7</td><td>Seance</td></tr></table>

LEAGUE IS UP AND RUNNING! MAKE YOUR TEAMS!

Also we will be using steam because democracy has spoken.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
OldSkoolKamikaze, OldSkoolKamikaze, Human, -5, OldSkoolKamikaze

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Mantiis, my team is Human. I've even done a custom logo for them, so I can loose with style:

headache

Novice
Nice (the logo). I don't know if others can see one in MP but perhaps we'll find out.

I voted for steam chat, that's fine (my alias on there: Benjamin Barker). And there's a ? on it but you got my time zone right. By Pacific I meant California, so GMT-8.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Seance, Gobbos, -7 (Seance in the Codex group on Steam as well)

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
I've not used steam in years, but since it has clearly won I have installed it, I'm dorkzombie there.

The custom logos are only seen if saved to the logos folder by each user, don't know what it replaces them with if that's not the case.

Perfect Fool

Scholar
I'm 23rdCypher on both Steam and the BB client, will be going for Chaos this time out. I'm on standard GMT

Mantiis

Cipher
Ok thats 6 - starting the league now. Will update this thread as soon as I'm done.

Update: League is up and running - check original post for info. The sooner you all get in and make your teams the sooner we can start.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Let's get this shit started! Jeeze, what's with the hold up, Mantiis! I'd like to get a game played this weekend.

Mantiis

Cipher
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Let's get this shit started! Jeeze, what's with the hold up, Mantiis! I'd like to get a game played this weekend.

I was gone for 5 hrs dammit!

She is up and running boys and Transgirls - let the carnage begin!

23rdCypher vs OldSkoolKamikaze
ManT vs Saxarba
Seance vs notule

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Sovard, you cheap bastard! You used your old team! You have two level 2 trolls and 110k banked!

You're lucky you're playing goblins…

Mantiis

Cipher
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Sovard, you cheap bastard! You used your old team! You have two level 2 trolls and 110k banked!

You're lucky you're playing goblins…
Well that is annoying - let me see what I can do about that...

Update: OK I NEED YOU ALL TO REJOIN THE LEAGUE - I apologise for this but it didn't seem fair that one player had such an advantage and the only way to undo this was to recreate the league or delete him and I wanted him to continue playing. If you havent figured it out yet please make a team from scratch - if you did that for the last league you can reuse the same team. One player didn't which caused the problem.

Same league name/password as before.

Mantiis

Cipher
Ok she is up and running! Play your games!

OldSkoolKamikaze vs Saxarba (Human vs Human omg so exciting)
23rdCypher vs notule (Chaos vs Skaven - predication: skaven to win, lots of rats hurt.)
ManT vs Seance (Lizards vs Dorf - I think I might prefer lvl 2 tolls...)

RAWR!

Although it isn't a requirement it would be cool if we could post replays after.

Mantiis

Cipher
Lizards Vs Dorf has been played:

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?k2yejuxgj5v">I won't ruin it for you as it was a good game</a>, feel free to look at the spoiler below if you want to know the score without viewing the game.

Lizards 2, Dorf 1

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
None that I know of, sorry.

Good match, with lots of blood, as it must be. The last turn of the first half is particularly filled with pointless slaughter. Well, relatively pointless anyway.

Oh, and Mantiis, I got the time wrong, it's GMT +2 here.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

It was like turn 14, the score was tied 1 to 1 and I was a turn away from an almost certain second point when my connection fucking dropped. Fucking dammit.

Mantiis, is there anyway you can reset the match so we can play again or something?

Edit:
Fuck. Figures this damn game wouldn't have a way to reset the match. However, you can change the outcome of the match.

Abraxas did say he was willing to concede the match 2-1. If he's still cool with it, we can do that. Regardless, he'll still get all the winnings and two MVPs.

...or we could always reset the league again. :twisted:

Here's the replay up until the crash: http://www.mediafire.com/?hyhxiyyzoyo

Mantiis

Cipher
Ok I need to check if it is possible to edit the score, I also need Abraxas to PM/steam me and let me know that he would like to concede 2-1. Not that I don't trust you OSK :P

For the record Abraxas you are not obliged to do so - it isn't your fault OSK has shitty intersnets.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
I don't have shitty internet. It was a fluke! :x

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
Yes Mantiis, if we can't replay it, give a 2-1 to OSK, he was thoroughly owning my defense and that second goal was already there next turn. :( Oh man, I should have sticked with the AI.

They should fix that, sometimes 1 minute is way to few time to restablish a connection, they should allow 5 or make it a league option or something.

Mantiis

Cipher
Game has been updated to reflect your wishes. 2-1 to OSK.

Just one more game to go.

Perfect Fool

Scholar
Should be playing that last game tonight at 22:00 GMT or thereabouts... our schedules haven't matched up 'till today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom