Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by CyberP, Aug 2, 2013.

1. RoSoDude Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

RoSoDude
    Good question. I thought I would have had more time, but work has piled up. I will be attempting to finish it in February; still needs a bugfix pass particularly to fix a crash.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    I just found out about this mod and I'm very interested. Should I play now or wait for the next version?

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. AW8 Arcane

AW8
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I can attest that the mod was already amazing to play back in 2016, and it's just gotten more improvements since then. Graphical, game and level design have all been refined and the game plays a lot better than vanilla.

Do you want to play it now? Then play it now. The mod is already complete and you don't need extra topping to enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    every major version is worth a replay tbh. i played with v8 several years ago and plan to do it again with v9 so play now, then play it again when another major update is coming out

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    I've finally gotten around to playing it. Pretty fun so far. Certainly much more playable and entertaining than the revision mod. The lighting in dx10 that you can turn on by editing the ini is pretty nice. My only complaint is the long freezes when hitting escape to go to the menu and the game freezing if I tab out for a while and then tab back in.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. RoSoDude Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

RoSoDude
    Try lowering the FPS limit in the launcher to 100 or lower, that can help with menu hanging. Borderless fullscreen is the only way to get reliable alt-tabbing.

^ Top  
  7. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    I have the fps limit set to 60 so sadly I don't think that's what's causing it. Is there a way to get borderless fullscreen without using a third party app? Those usually cause weird issues like stretching or inaccurate mouse pointers

^ Top  
  8. RoSoDude Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

RoSoDude
    I said I would be back at this in February, and I have kept to my word. Aside from minor fixes and balance adjustments, I've made two big changes: the addiction system in vRSD is now available as a playthrough modifier and disabled by default (with all drug effects reverted), and the assault gun's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad 5-round burst has been replaced with a sharp, slick, and satisfying 3-round burst. This makes a big difference in ammo efficiency and its utility at range with a laser/scope, as well as simply feeling much better to use. The thing shreds with max ROF mods -- you guys are going to like it.

Just a few more issues to check off and I'll have this ready for playtesting. Thanks as always for your interest.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • nice nice x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. RoSoDude Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

RoSoDude
    Okay guys, I went a little nuts. I was supposed to be doing a final bugfix/polish pass in preparation for release, but I decided to do something else...

[​IMG]

Yeah, that's right. Inventory rotation! In Deus Ex! I'm almost positive I'm the first person to do it. And I can understand why -- I had to hack the inventory UI code in some unholy ways to get it all together. Every fix I made would create another bug -- it was UI coding whack-a-mole. But it's all quite robust now, and very fun to use. More info here: https://rosodudemods.wordpress.com/2020/02/16/devblog-2-gmdx-inventory-tetris/

Beta 2.0 is still coming in the next day or so, I just need to check over a few things and compile the installer.

• incline x 12
    • Brofist x 4
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. HansDampf Prophet

HansDampf
    Next level inventory tetris.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. RoSoDude Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

RoSoDude
    Okay, it's up with a new standalone installer. Come try out the new stuff!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/addons/version-rsd-beta-10-future-official-update

EDIT: There was a critical bug in the original upload. I fixed it and reuploaded the installer.
    EDIT2: Another bug or two. Skimping on polish is bad! Reuploaded again

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    • nice nice x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. RoSoDude Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

RoSoDude
    Deploying another hotfix. Mostly just minor bug squashing, but a few balance changes too. The mod seems rather stable at the moment, so assuming everything goes smoothly I will be diverting my attention to a Prey: Mooncrash balance overhaul for a while, as well as catching up on my gaming backlog. Wash your hands and avoid the Gray Death, everyone.

https://mega.nz/#!rbJ0kIJJ!5pwhAW_ElR11HevC9volzTWdL1WEsrLNpCBYpHZScMw

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 13
    • nice nice x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. 502 Educated

Ash and RoSo, just wanted to thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ash Arcane

Ash
    GMDX stats three years on:

[​IMG]

Over 100,000 downloads, still getting up to over 100 downloads daily. Thanks to all bros that play and spread the word. these are really good stats for a one man show. Of course the mod deserves it, but I appreciate you all nonetheless.

If you want more Ash incline, be sure to check out my next project Unreal Evolution: https://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-evolution which is now complete. It's incline in the same vein as gmdx I assure you, just not as extensive.

Where to go from here? We shall see. I may quit, I may make my own game, or I may mod another classic. One thing you can be sure of: if I do do something it will be incline.

• Brofist x 14
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • coof x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. sigard Literate

sigard
    I can't brofist yet so big thank you must suffice :)
    :incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. grimace Erudite

grimace

Will there be a definitive GMDX download package?

The combined effforts of Ash and RoSoDude in one archived package?

^ Top  
  17. Ash Arcane

Ash
    I don't know. You tell me. Does RoSoDude's add-on deserve it? Does it improve upon v9.0.3 without notable downsides? I chose RoSoDude to carry the torch for a reason, but I haven't been following too closely between working on my latest project and getting my life in better order. I was also pretty happy with the state of v9.0.3 but am certainly open to more incline being possible. I really like the laser mechanics, inventory rotation and more. Some other features I may not see eye to eye, but of all the people I interacted with extensively RoSoDude seemed to get it the most or have the sense to make the right decision.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top