Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Thanks for the feedback. Looking into it.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
GMDX v6.1 released: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/downloads/gmdx-v61

Follow the Installation Guide to get set up correctly.

This is the big one.

To those that haven't already: I strongly recommend checking out the mod's website beforehand to understand what you are letting yourself in for.

"GMDX feels more like the designers intended than the wonderful but flawed product that hit the shelves in 2000."
-WildcatPhoenix

Last edited by a moderator:
Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Being ignored? What a shame. Stick with the Fall, kids.

Another update, this time finishing up mastery of the skill system's design:

Upgrading Demolitions now increases blast radius & makes gas grenades knock low-middle tier NPCs unconscious at master level in addition to the other previous GMDX improvements and vanilla functionality.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
GMDX is in the top 100 most popular mods on moddb. A fluctuating statistic but it is currently #31.
It also has a averaged review rating of 96/100.

Come and try out the next level of Deus Ex for yourself.

deported

Barely Literate
Can u check the secret sewer M12 base. I think the first panel after going all the way into the hallways bottom freezes the game if you try to hack it to remove the camera.

Tried every video mode possible.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Can u check the secret sewer M12 base. I think the first panel after going all the way into the hallways bottom freezes the game if you try to hack it to remove the camera.

Tried every video mode possible.

Which one exactly?

Any plans to make this compatible with Deus Ex Revision?

Nope. Revision is a re-imagining of the Deus Ex world, therefore level design and the overall design philosophy is quite different, (though this isn't always the case).
GMDX has modified maps of it's own focusing primarily on gameplay, yet has many aesthetic improvements too that do not chnage the layout, only add eye candy where it was needed.

deported

Barely Literate
The one where I said, which leads to the hallway full of toxic stuff, then a camera and a panel.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
The whole map leads to the cistern, no matter which way you go. I assume you are talking about the cistern anyway since it is the only place of toxicity in the map.
The terminal in the lower part of the cistern next to the malfunctioning camera just before you cross the bridge perhaps?

deported

Barely Literate
You go below downstairs, take the door down there with an actual new place, and after toxic hallway, in the next room downstairs there's a soldier roaming around, plus a camera and terminal upstairs.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Right, I'm in need of another tester. Yes, it is not even two weeks since the last release, but more advancement is on the way:

bold=Very Significant

Skills:

-Tech goggles can see through walls (albeit with short range) at advanced and master environ skill level.
-Demolitions increases blast radius & at master level gas grenades can K.O unaugmented pawns with the initial concussion-inducing blast.

Augs:

-Combat strength increases melee attack speed in addition to damage to balance out against Microfibral Muscle, and because FUN.
-Speed Enhancement produces noise when crouched, therefore making silent running worth a damn.

-Restored Agressive Defensive System's ability to detonate proximity mines for balancing reasons.
-Increased microfibral muscle throw velocity a touch.

Weaponry:

-Implemented Rate of Fire mods.
-Weapon mods are now stackable in the inventory.
-Improved ballistic impact effects further.
-Reduced grenade detonation time by 1 second and increased throw range a touch.
-Pepper gun & fire extinguishers are significantly more reliable.

AI:

-Increased running anim speed by 5% and melee attack speed by 10% to make them look a touch more convincing.
-AI notice when cameras are beeping at you and hunt in the direction they are looking in. (hardcore mode only).
-Nerfed vanilla mib & Wib
-Minor changes to barks and pain sounds for realism.

Effects:

-Heavy EMP damage temporarily disables the HUD.
-Added new footstep sounds for when landing from height.
-Slowed camera spinning speed upon player death
-Improved rocket & explosion effects further.
-Minor improvements to gore
-Minor modification to electricity effects.
-Improved plasma effects further.

Maps:

-Significant improvements to NYC streets maps.

-Fixed crashing when hacking a terminal in NYC sewers.
-Fixed an AI issues when stealing from one of the triads.
-Distributed rate of fire mods across the game according to the approach in vanilla design.
-Added additional aesthetic detail to a small number of maps.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Significantly improved gore:

-Giblets stick to walls and drip blood.
-Numerous variations of gore is spawned.
-If an NPC is blown up then the gore flies further and emit smoke.
...And more.

bloodlover

Arcane
Now I am tempted to play this game without using stealth at all. Blowing shit up seems very satisfactory.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Seriously though I need a tester. Just someone (preferably multiple people) to complete a playthrough and confirm it's ready for public release. There are no insanely complex mechanics in this latest version so it doesn't need rigorous testing. I'm going away soon (temporarily) and want to get this update out before then.

More stuff, all minor details this time but solid design nonetheless:

-throwing objects in water makes a splash effect
-Improved WP explosion effects
-Added variation to yell of pain when knocked out with non-lethal force & a variation in female death sounds too.
-Increased chance of containers spawning trash, less chance to spawn rat.
-improved numerous things related to the flamethrower.
-Added viewflash effect upon death
-set default FOV to 90
-Increased the speed of tracers a touch
-Buffed tranq darts damage so all unarmoured pawns can be headshot K.O'ed in one.
-Significantly increased chances to gib the player from explosives. Originally you could take rockets to the face, you'd die but just flop to the floor instead of becoming mince meat.
-Took custom glock out of the game since Rate of Fire mods make it somewhat redundant.
-vanilla bug fix- cannot reload weapon if you have no ammo.
-Made non-swinging cameras reset view rotation after tagging player corpse (vanila fix)
-Fixed bug that makes level carcass with weapon just crap out as it has not got spawned ammotype (vanila fix)
-Another vanilla bug of sorts: -during NPC death animations a while loop was set to sleep between each check to the function call. Basically the was a small variation in the time you could pick up a body you just killed/K.O'ed. This was a pain in the ass when trying to hide a body, or pick up the guy you just killed to throw him at another with the new microfibral muscle.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Sigh, all this incline and cannot even get a tester. I'm starting to think you like the decline.

Re-take on the gore as I don't think the last video showed enough. Plus I've tweaked it a little further.

Remember - aiming for realism despite the cartoon-like graphics. Let me know if you think it's excessive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom