Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God DAMN Divinity II is addictive

Angthoron

Arcane
I got curious about what other games have been made on Gamebryo and to my shock found these:

Dark Age of Camelot
Kohan (series)
The Guild 2
Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich
Empire Earth II
Sid Meier's Pirates! (2004)
Sid Meier's Railroads!
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Civilization IV

Source: Clicky

So yes, I would definitely say that the engine has nothing to do with the atrocious result that Bethesda got out of it. I guess it's the Aurora engine all over again, where Obsidian managed a Sith Lords and CDPR managed a Witcher out of same base code - it all depends on how much people are willing to do to make the engine work for them (like rewriting 80% of the code).

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
so I'm playing DKS now with a ranger and actually to this point the game is piss-easy. i tried the older version some time ago, and with a warrior-mage build my ass was handed to me all the time. for example, that troll right after turning into dragon for the first time, now i've killed him switfly like a dog, while I'd had to get several more levels before tackling him with my old warrior-mage, and still it was long and painful. is ranger so overpowered or did DKS seriously tone down the difficulty level?

hoverdog said:
is ranger so overpowered

I think ranger is indeed overpowered. Especially later when you can combine Way Of The Ranger with Splitting Arrow (don't know why people think Explosive Arrow is the most powerful skill). I played on Hard and after a turning point in a game (tower related) the game got easier and easier and easier. I never even died in FoV on foot. It's only that frustrating dragon sequence near the end that gave me problems. Larian has a cruel sense of humor, don't you think? The whole FoV you don't do a single dragon sequence and then near the end you get the most painful one in the whole saga.
I'm now trying to build a warrior/mage hybrid on Nightmare and it's way, way harder.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I'm still at level 9 or sth, but even now, stunning arrows + clerical spells (fear/charm/hide) is a perfect combo.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Multidirectional said:
The whole FoV you don't do a single dragon sequence and then near the end you get the most painful one in the whole saga.

That last dragon sequence was an absolute piece of cake thanks to a certain new skill, that lets you destroy the whole flying isles at once. That skill has quite a cooldown, but it's fucking powerful.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Ok dumb question;

How do I craft a potion? I bought a health potion recipe but when I click on it it just gives an option to delete or cancel. I don't see a skill that is needed. Are there crafting stations somewhere?

DraQ

Arcane
Saxon1974 said:
Ok dumb question;

How do I craft a potion? I bought a health potion recipe but when I click on it it just gives an option to delete or cancel. I don't see a skill that is needed. Are there crafting stations somewhere?
You need an alchemist. You will have your own alchemist later on, but in the mean time you can find one in BV *if* you explore.

Murk

Arcane
You're going to need to find a skilled alchemist to help you with that. If you're still in Broken Valley then:

there's a hidden one in the basement of the miller's house

If you've already been to Sentinel Island then you should have your very own Alchemist.

edit: hehe, beaten to the punch.

TheLostOne

Savant
Walk on the bodies and you won't get poisoned. They make a path to the end. You'll have to eat some poison to get the chests though.

bhlaab

Erudite
hoverdog said:
how is it possible to beat the temple in bandit's camp? i get poisoned and raped horribly.

Also mindread the girl outside for a hint

Twinkle

Liturgist
how is it possible to beat the temple in bandit's camp? i get poisoned and raped horribly.

That's why I like Div 2 despite the numerous flaws - it requires at least basic brain activity in addition to twitch skills.

Nothing against you, hoverdog, I fell into the same trap back in the day. :M

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO ABOVE I DONT KNOW ABOUT WALKING ON THE BODIES THE REAL VISIBLE CLUE IS

STAY IN THE LIGHT

Murk

Arcane
corpses -- make sure to follow the blood trail that is left on the floor too, it takes you on a slight zig-zaggy slalom and ends up with you jumping onto the center platform in the pool.

or just run up and take the hits and fuck his shit up (if you're a warrior).

Black

Arcane
divinity2whathefuck.png

What the fuck

The fight was good though.

Murk

Arcane
The song that starts up was wonderful. Probably the currently most popular part of the game from what i've been reading online.

I loved the terminator entrance, myself.

made

Arcane
abnaxus said:
Repeatedly taking the piss out of Amdusias with "MAXOS!!!" was my favourite part.

DraQ said:
Black said:
What the fuck
:lol:
It got me giggling like a retard.

So that's the kinda stuff you guys refer to when you praise D2's "humor"? Not judging or anything, just trying to understand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom