Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim Godhood - create your own religion game from Abbey Games

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Another developer Stream.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abbeygames/godhood/posts/2412902
186f915a2e05e465c5e9aec503a6f660_original.png

Subtle cultural marxism: the two fiercer and more aggressive roles have bras on the graphical blobs, indicating they are meant to be feminine. Because females are stronger than those puny males, shitlord!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You see what you want to see, I guess.
Another possible reading would be that men are clearly more intelligent, as they occupy the more cerebral roles.
Or the most likely scenario... there are four roles, and they made two male, two female for the sake of both having the same number, not investing further thought than that.

Just goes to show you can't do anything gender-related anymore without either SJWs or the other side (or both) losing their shit over it.

I understand games like Sunless Skies that entirely remove the selection of gender more and more. It's not worth the headache.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's not why they remove gender from their games. It's because of genderfluid horrors like you.
I don't even know where you got that stuff from, but I must've hit a nerve. Never seen anyone call me genderfluid before, I'll add that to the list next to sexist, racist, homophobe, SJW, incel, cuck, ... :lol:

Man, you extremists really lash out at anything. It's cute. And makes it so wonderfully easy to take nothing you say serious in any way or kind.
SJWs or shitheads like you, all the same. If it wasn't so amusing to just shittalk you into one of your sissy-rage fits, I wouldn't even acknowledge your existence.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abbeygames/godhood/posts/2423349
Weekly Commandments #3: Greed & Charity! Also: 80%! NEW Divine Deity slots available! Rednir is pleased!
Posted by Abbey Games (Creator)
3 Comments
"" data-evaluation="true">
19 likes
Hi young gods! Let's take a look at this week's 2 morally opposed god commandments: Greed & Charity!

3df9cd37a42f1a2efcaa9ad8d8f1a970_original.png

1c61b2f7cddf11892f3c0d9cad4b25e9_original.png

Gods of Greed teach their subjects that greed is good! Ah, to witness the shine of gold! To feel the pleasure of purchasing, trading and most importantly: opulent displays of material wealth! Here are some unique opportunities for greedy gods:

0af21b217d34b14c4508fe9042ac6aff_original.png

Your worshippers will work hard to please the greediest of all: you, by building a great treasury in your honor. Here you can inspire disciples to count gold and accumulate wealth in peace, greatly increasing a lot of stats in exchange for offerings. In fact, as a Greed god your greedy worshippers' faith will become largely based on how many offerings they can collect for themselves.

To make sure you never run out of offerings, use your new god action: Sacred Extortion. When your worshippers see this divine symbol, they hurry to add offerings to the treasury. Doing so costs you godhood, however, and can lead to your greediest disciples losing faith!

Remember the 43d rule of acquisition: feed your greed, but not enough to choke it! (Shout outs to my Star Trek fans out there.)

e3014934072b8f0f8fa9ca37543cc7dc_original.png

A satisfied greed disciple drags around their hard-won (read: stolen) earnings
e4892498660e5877e78325367ce3d177_original.png

Charity gods show followers that sharing is caring. When the food you've harvested feeds the starving, the light of god shimmers in their grateful eyes! Here are some unique opportunities for charitable gods:

3fd8fbd51de6c6d61d6765421a7f6f09_original.png

Your worshippers will organize and construct a community kitchen, where they can collect and hand out food and necessities to those in need. You can inspire your disciples to cook and give out food, and as their hearts swell with pride, so too do their Heart and Wisdom stats! Handing out offerings and other resources to those who need it most is a great way for a charitable god to inspire faith in their followers!

The Charity commandment has a number of tenets which you can decide between to truly make your charitable religion your own. What is a more important facet of your religion: equality, community or self-sacrifice? As you guide your worshippers in these tenets, you can even dedicate a dedication statue to one. Surely the food kitchen should be adorned with a great statue of the Tentacle of Self-Sacrifice! ... Wait.

29e594d341845055d188a801d48c4df9_original.png

Your charity disciples develop a great personality and a very.. natural sense for fashion

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
The discrepancy between ideas that sound good and interesting on one side and those hideous blocky-comic characters on the other side really makes me feel uneasy.
Why, oh why, did they do that? Not even AoE:Online looks that horrible...

I'm still going to give it a go, I think. At least it's not anime.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I don't even know where you got that stuff from, but I must've hit a nerve. Never seen anyone call me genderfluid before, I'll add that to the list next to sexist, racist, homophobe, SJW, incel, cuck, ... :lol:

Man, you extremists really lash out at anything. It's cute. And makes it so wonderfully easy to take nothing you say serious in any way or kind.
SJWs or shitheads like you, all the same. If it wasn't so amusing to just shittalk you into one of your sissy-rage fits, I wouldn't even acknowledge your existence.
I wasn't actually being serious with the latter part of my post, but good to know that you're an "extremist".

The only reason you'd pretend there aren't any genders is because of retards that think there are 32167 genders. Pretending otherwise just shows what an "extremist" you are. No one's crying about how there totally is only 1 gender and therefore having 2 in your game is just way too much.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron

I wasn't actually being serious with the latter part of my post, but good to know that you're an "extremist".

The only reason you'd pretend there aren't any genders is because of retards that think there are 32167 genders. Pretending otherwise just shows what an "extremist" you are.
Nothing in my post was even remotely extremist, I'm just telling how actual right-wing extremists like yourself and those on the other side are in truth one-and-the-same. I know you don't like hearing the truth, SJWs don't like that, either. Little social media or forum crybabies who wouldn't dare speaking up in the real world (which is why things were peaceful prior to shit like Twitter, etc. and people like me could talk about games without being sidetracked by nonsense like this). Spell SJW backwards, you got your name. Seriously, a quick glance at your post history shows that 80% of your posts are virtually nothing else but "SJWS!!!!SJWS!!!SJWS!!!!! *frothing*". You could take every single one of your posts, replace "SJW" or "cuck" with "alt-right" and "MRA", post them on ResetEra and nobody would notice anything wrong. In fact, that would be a funny experiment, wouldn't it? Hmm.... naahhh, I'm bored, but not THAT bored.
Or maybe you are just shitposting. In that case, continue, well done!

Also, I never claimed there aren't any genders. Again, where do you get that stuff from? Do you read some kind of alternative posting I did in another universe that would explain anything you're trying to put into my mouth?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
mondblut That's the funny thing. You say anything negative about either side, they'll just come up with some incredibly nonsensical reason to put you into the other end of their very narrow spectrum. Just look at the mental gymnastics Mr Wetski pulled off there to lay some words in my mouth that were never said.
"Everyone who says something negative about me or my views is the extreme opposite of myself" - only an extremist who has lost touch with reality could think like that.

I've had this exact same discussion in another place that could be described as a left-leaning Codex equivalent (really felt like a mirror universe). And it went the exact same direction.
Just that people didn't claim I (and people who agreed with me) was some SJW in disguise, but I was (IIRC) a "gamergator" in disguise.

People with a moderate view on things are in a pretty awkward situation right now, as it seems to have become impossible to not be put into one of the polar opposite factions the moment you don't share the default extremist views.
Afaik, I've never even shared many of my views on gender, LGBTQ, or any other current hot topic. Yet somehow, people I talk to, especially those whose idiosyncracies I point out, seem to "know" exactly what I think of issue X. Weird, isn't it?

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I really liked Renowned Explorers and Reus was interesting, I'll give Abbey Studios the benefit of the doubt on this one.

As for whether Abbey studios is pushing some an sjw agenda.. I'm going to concur with thesheep that Abbey have innocent intentions and ain't really thinking about an idealogical angle, but we live in such times that it's unfortunately way too easy to see things that ain't intended. So I'mma try and write a little defense of them on that:

Take renowned explorers, if you squint hard enough one can easily say it's sjw because there's a lot of minorities and women (of various builds and ages, only a few "pretty" ones) among the cast of explorers and there was a lot of female characters who excelled at combat, probably more so then male ones, but one can just as easily say it's "problematic" because you can totally play a team of snobby white europeans butchering and exploiting natives and stealing their treasures all for greed and glory, also a problematic side quest with Maria, the pretty chick of the game, having one of your male team mates fall in love with her, pushing heretosexual romance and having no representation of gay love and no trans characters so isn't inclusive enough.

Heck there's even some nationalism in there, you got some characters who are really patriotic like the british butler guy who if is in your party auto initiates a fight with some scottish pricks who DARED insult the queen and england. Actually one of my favorite characters in the game because he's such a delightful jerkass and gets some fun unique events.
Also the asian characters have slanty eyes and yellow skin D: And some of the black characters have oversized lips! Those are big sjw no-nos.

But yeah overall renowned explorers was just innocent really, the cast just has a wide variety of archetypes and looks and you're free to make combos of your choosing, and play the game like you want, whether it be all friendly and enlightened not looking to exploit natives but just travel making buddies or play some bastard fusion of indiana jones and lara croft, butchering poor third worlders and laughing at their tears as you steal all they hold dear.
Based on that, I think godhood will be among the same lines, Abbey ain't really thinking about promoting race mixing as having always been part of ancient civilizations, they just went with this because it's how they always roll and character customization is less intended to push blue/pink haired sjws as being normal but simply letting the players decide on the look of their fellowers however they see fit. So you could probably go ahead and make your tribe full of aryan ubermensch if you want, blonde hair and blue eyes for everyone!

Anyways so yeah, Abbey Studios have been a nice studio to cheer for so far, hopefully they will continue that trend.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abbeygames/godhood/posts/2429402
Thank you!! 100%: The Ancient One Awakens!! Stretch Goal revealed!
2 Comments
27 likes
Hey young gods,
A HUGE thank you from the entire dev team here at Abbey Games. This is our first Kickstarter, and we had no idea what to expect. We have been blown away by your show of support, insightful questions, and enthusiasm.
And so, thanks to you, the €50.000 goal has been met!
The ancient eldritch one awakens to become a playable deity in Godhood!!

7d5b2f02f671e89ef4e79c57d3abc4f9_original.png

A great big tentacled hug to all our backers!
50029dc5f2a793d76d9667123bc3fe7e_original.png

And now... Stretch Goal!!
737fa4d1458120f02802cb0b9c1fe52d_original.png

If we reach €60.000, we'll develop 2 new disciple classes : the brutal Beastwalker and the heinous Harbinger!
f24388bd0d5eb671c843154db1f20d85_original.png

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
mondblut That's the funny thing. You say anything negative about either side, they'll just come up with some incredibly nonsensical reason to put you into the other end of their very narrow spectrum. Just look at the mental gymnastics Mr Wetski pulled off there to lay some words in my mouth that were never said.
"Everyone who says something negative about me or my views is the extreme opposite of myself" - only an extremist who has lost touch with reality could think like that.

I've had this exact same discussion in another place that could be described as a left-leaning Codex equivalent (really felt like a mirror universe). And it went the exact same direction.
Just that people didn't claim I (and people who agreed with me) was some SJW in disguise, but I was (IIRC) a "gamergator" in disguise.

People with a moderate view on things are in a pretty awkward situation right now, as it seems to have become impossible to not be put into one of the polar opposite factions the moment you don't share the default extremist views.
Afaik, I've never even shared many of my views on gender, LGBTQ, or any other current hot topic. Yet somehow, people I talk to, especially those whose idiosyncracies I point out, seem to "know" exactly what I think of issue X. Weird, isn't it?

Welcome in 2019! You can't have a discussion for more than 1 page without it descending into topic number 1. This could have been avoided 2 por 3 years ago if anyone coming here to post about nothing but memes had been purged. But I have given up at this point. They will probably still be here discussing the latest memes about their decaying bodies in 20 years.

Also, this game looks like absolute and utter dogshit. Even the lady who did the ecce homo restoration could have come up with better "art".

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked playing Reus for a while but after longer play you noticed its actually a puzzle game in the guise of a god game. Renonwed Explorers I was very interested in but never got it. This one .. I don't know. It looks like a browser game but it might be fun. Mh.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abbeygames/godhood/posts/2431989
Information on Kickstarter Processing, Late Backing & Update Schedule
0 Comments
22 likes
Hey young gods!

Thank you all so much for your support during this Kickstarter. Because of your help backing and spreading the word, this Kickstarter's gone far beyond anything we could've hoped for! Thanks to all your support, the Kickstarter campaign for Godhood has succeeded!

Let's go over where we go from here.

Kickstarter Processing
Kickstarter will take up to two weeks to process the funds before it gets to us. As soon as everything checks out we'll get back to you with surveys through Kickstarter about your rewards. These will contain:

• Which platform you want to receive digital rewards (Steam or GOG).
  • How you'd like to appear in the credits.
  • If you have access to the alpha periods, we'll need your proper credentials to give you said access.
  • if you backed on tiers allowing you to name / design content: specifics of your design-ideas.
For all rewards goes: we'll send them over to you as soon as we have your necessary info AND when the rewards are done. This means you can expect keys for Renowned Explorers and Reus (if you backed €20,- or more) within a day after you've filled out your questionnaire, Closed Alpha access in our next alpha update (which is late March), a key for the Early Access release when it hits Steam and GOG in late May and all the other rewards at a later time, as soon as we're done with them.

To summarize:

• It can take up to two weeks before we get back to all backers with questionnaires about their rewards.
  • We'll send over rewards as soon as we have all the necessary info from these questionnaires AND as soon as the relevant rewards are available (this differs per reward)

Late Backing
You can now visit www.godhoodgame.com for Late Backing options for the Godhood Kickstarter!

Let's go over some details regarding late backing:

• You can pledge for the €25, €40 and €80 reward tiers.
  • Late pledges won't be processed before we start processing Kickstarter pledges (which may take up to two weeks from now).
  • It may take up to two business days to get back to you with a relevant questionnaire to sort out your rewards.
  • Late Backing pledges still count towards the Stretch Goal of the two extra disciple classes!
  • Late Backing will be possible, at least until Godhood goes into Early Access in May.

Update Schedule
With this Kickstarter we've now fully committed to making Godhood the greatest godgame it can be, and keeping our backers and fans in the loop on its development. The game will go into Early Access in May. We commit to keeping you posted on it's development and the development of the Kickstarter content (ancient eldritch god!) until that point and after.

3920cb1924b16410afdf944d3bc2d6f3_original.png

• We'll post a short update on development every week on this Thursdays on our community forums and right here on Kickstarter.
  • We'll update the game build with every full moon; that's every month. Check an on-line calendar (or the sky!) for exact dates. We'll deviate a little bit every now and then for practical reasons, but you can anticipate an update as the moon shines brightest!
  • That means there are two updates to the Alpha: coming in March and in April.
  • The full moon of May is the moment the game goes into Early Access, after that we'll keep updating the game along this schedule
  • With every game update - so with every full moon! - we'll also do a live stream in which we go through what has changed in the game.

Subscribe to our twitch channel to catch us streaming alpha builds of Godhood throughout development!

Places To Be
With the Kickstarter we've also gained another on-line platform where the Godhood community assembles. Since we don't have dedicated community manager we want to be as clear as possible on what you can expect from us on these platforms. Here goes:

• This Community Forum: our very own place on the internet. You can expect us to post all the aforementioned updates here first. We also commit to reading and responding (if necessary) to everything that happens on this forum.
  • The Godhood Kickstarter Page: the place for Kickstarter backers to gather and keep in touch with development. We'll post all the aforementioned updates here as well and will of course respond to any questions our devoted Kickstarter backers may have!
  • The Abbey Games Discord: we're here chatting along a lot of the time and we'll post links to updates as soon as they go out. Given the very fast nature of Discord we can't guarantee that we catch everything that happens there, though.
  • The Godhood Steam Page: we'll repost links to our updates here and try to check back every now and then. But we can't guarantee that we'll answer your questions or respond to your reports here.
  • The Abbey Games Subreddit: a new platform, that spawned out of the activity spike around Godhood on Reddit. We try to keep it as up to date as possible, by at least reposting all the updates of the forum. So we'll be there at least once a week. Given the nature of Reddit, it's not the best place to make sure you're heard though.
  • Abbey Games on Twitter: we like to tweet! There, we said it. But even more so than Reddit and even Discord, Twitter is a very fleeting platform. Messages get lost in the flood easily and we're not checking our Twitter all day everyday so if you want to be sure that you reach us it's probably not the best option.
  • The Abbey Games newsletter: every now and then, with a major release or a milestone like this Kickstarter, we'll send out a newsletter to all subscribers of the list. If you just want the utmost important news concerning Godhood, this is the place to go.

If you have any questions regarding the above, please send us a message (either as a comment or kickstarter message) and we'll get back to you.

We'll be back with another update next week with more details on development of the next alpha build!

Thank you all so so much for making this Kickstarter a success. We could not have done it without you!

- Joni & Rick

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://community.abbeygames.com/threads/weekly-update-2-stretch-goal-classes-unlocked.110/#post-419
Hi again young gods! Big news!

15eb2d311f8869accb46ed86ad4f764d_original.png

While we didn't quite reach the monetary goal (yet!), we got close enough with the help of late backers that we decided to go ahead and start development on the Beastwalker & Harbinger disciple classes! Think of it as us pushing us that final little bit as thanks for all the support shown so far.

Get ready to level your disciples up into ferocious Beastwalkers and terrifying Harbingers!

A Full Moon Approaches on March 20th

bebfe1a40edcdfe8a926d5c85521d89c_original.png

One more week until the first full moon update of March 20th! Remember to look to the sky and anticipate the arrival of a new alpha build (available to our alpha testers, including all backers from Chieftain level and up), a big update talking about all the developments in the alpha, and a gameplay stream where we play through the build.

Also, look forward to an early version of the Beastwalker making an appearance in the alpha!

Be sure to subscribe to our Twitch get notified when we go live with the stream!

About the Alpha Test period
The Full Moon alpha test will run from March Wednesday 20th to Sunday 31st. If you backed at a level which grants access to the alpha test we'll get in contact with you about how to gain access to playing the build and how we'd like to receive your feedback. You will also sign an NDA which means you cannot share your experiences on the alpha with those that are not also active alpha testers.

Please keep in mind this the game will be in an alpha state, which means a big lack of content and in-development mechanics and visuals. We're really excited to get your takes on the alpha!

About Reward Fulfillment
Kickstarter will finish processing the funds the coming weekend. We'll be in contact with you about reward fulfillment late this week or early next week at the latest.

Development Update: 'Hardening'!?
This week is what we call a 'hardening sprint'. Basically, we stop building new features and instead 'harden' the ones that already exist: removing bugs, streamlining functionality, and clearing up confusing bits.

Let's take a look at some more new stuff that will be in the coming full moon alpha.

All-new music!
We've had the pleasure of working with Dutch musician Pieter van Vliet, who has been composing all kinds of beautiful new tracks for Godhood. We're especially excited about the upbeat drums of the Sacrament!

Take a listen to a sample here:

Classes visuals & upgrading
Character artist Carmen has been working on developing the visual stylings of a Disciple's life. As disciples level up from simple Acolytes, they will go from a simplistic 'low level' outfit and weapons to advanced looking versions at high levels!

0cf5eeae688b1a73c3b424f4baf9b3e8_original.png

07db03ec0e9d4630240ac994eae157f9_original.png

Commandment Shrines
Marlies has been working on several commandment shrines. When a new god commandment is unlocked you also gain the the ability to inspire construction of a temple to that commandment. Let's look at some examples:

cfaf07a92e7a6a489a5df9745147202b_original.png

These shrines can also be upgraded into massive temples: such as the Lust Temple, ripe for your disciples' orgies- err, holy rituals!!

That's all for now! There will be no weekly update next week as you will get a big full moon update instead! Remember to spread the good word and always get consent from your human sacrifices!

- Rick

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://community.abbeygames.com/threads/weekly-update-5.131/
Next Week - Wed 17/04: Pink Moon Update
Remember to check in next week Wednesday for:
  • A big update brimming with changes to the newest build as we go from alpha to beta!
  • A livestream of us playing the new beta build on our very own Twitch channel!
  • Access to the Pink Moon update beta build (for backers at tiers granting alpha/beta access)!
  • On Thursday, the first Inside Godhood podcast in which I talk to project lead Adriaan about the Early Access!
a760ea274bd11f505945efd55031e719_original.png

Development Update: God Customization, oh my!
The monks of the Abbey took an exhausting spiritual journey climbing a small hill (a real feat for the average gamedeveloper) and at its peak we saw an (oxygen-deprived) holy vision: A horse with tentacle arms.

That's right: we knew we needed God Customization.

424cc1ae3db0d3a332abc916f84ba26a_original.png

When you create a deity at the start of a New Game, you'll be able to mix and match body parts (all illustrated by character artist Carmen) to create your own god.

While your deity will never make a physical appearance in the game's world, we think of this as how your worshippers describe you. Like much of the game's visual themes, we were inspired by Mesoamerican deities, who were often pictured as humanoids with animal parts or other interesting (read: bizarre) features.

And not to worry: You can make deities that don't look real dumb, as well!

0b5b998390cd5bbbabaae73a2ad5a22f_original.png

We don't have a ton of parts yet, so we'll leave it there: but we have a lot of ideas on fun parts for you to mix and match into your deities' look!

Light, Dark & Neutral style
Included in God Customization is the opportunity to set your god's style: Light, Dark & Neutral. This will affect the vibe of your holy temple site. Can you tell which is which?

bada7533cba15bb2d22dd3bc97de1476_original.png

Point-to-Point World Map
We've made big changes to Godhood's World Map. Instead of hex-based movement across the map, movement is now point-to-point. This allows for easier control over the game's flow and progression, as we can specify exactly which locations should allow access to other locations.

Also pictured: some incredibly good looking (cough) created gods!

41af0192e10ecb1163310624b60259d4_original.png

We're still going to be doing a lot of work to the world map down the line, but this is definitely a good step towards getting it to where we want it to be!

Voice Acting!
Several Abbey Games monks jumped into sound designer Yme's improvised voice acting booth to give voices to your little worshippers in our own made up language. Don't expect voices yet in the Pink Moon beta just yet, however!

dabaaa6498fd4c91330d38e4e8bd5b02_original.jpg

Lots of other new things, including big changes to game flow!
New and better FX for the Sacrament conflicts, ever increasing disciple customization options, new animations, new temples and holy site districts with improved worshipper activities! So much!

Next week's update will go into a big overhaul of the game's flow, such as how resources are gathered and your religion evolves. Check back then!
7b8d9f448d3f88a0f03bc6e416c5dcf4_original.gif

That's it for this week's update.
Be sure to check in next week for our gameplay stream and more on Godhood's development!
Spread the good word and remember: stay far away from that golden calf!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://community.abbeygames.com/threads/full-moon-beta-last-chance-for-late-backing-june-12th.189/
Hi young gods!
A quick correction from your favorite gamedeveloping monks:
The Strawberry Moon beta update will be June 12th.
We've previously said June 19th, but please throw out your calendar and buy a new one: It's June 12th instead. As always you can expect:
a5135d491a41095852cb973581ba0a51_original.png

In addition, one other quick announcement:
Late-backing will no longer be available after June 12th.
If you or a good friend are thinking about getting Godhood for a cheaper price which includes all the kickstarter goodies from the Kickstarter campaign, consider Late-Backing over on godhoodgame.com.

These Late-Backing options will be removed after June 12th, as we are nearing the release date of the Early Access.

a5135d491a41095852cb973581ba0a51_original.png

We'd be incredibly appreciative if you took a moment to wishlist Godhood on the Steam Store; you'll get a notice when it launches while helping us spread the news on the platform!

Prepare yourself for Godhood Early Access July 10th, young gods! We hope the sweet delights of the Strawberry Moon June 12th will tide you over!
In the meantime, peace out and spread the good word!
- Rick

c914bafa7984806fae89f2ab62a6be41_original.gif

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://community.abbeygames.com/threads/godhood-launches-in-early-access-today.217/
Wow, young gods! Woow! After almost three years of development, Godhood is ready to launch into Early Access... TODAY! If you want to be among the first to get your hands on the early access version of the game, be sure to refresh these stores at the listed times!
  • Godhood will launch on Steam & GOG
  • The game releases at 1PM CEST / 4AM PDT
To celebrate the release, we'll be streaming on Twitch, Steam, and Youtube twice today!
  • 1PM CEST / 4AM PDT: Launch Celebration! Playing Godhood & Taking Questions
  • 7PM CEST / 11AM PDT: Playing & Explaining Godhood
Hope to catch you on one of these! We'll be taking your questions on the game, its development & future development and we'll be playing a bunch of Godhood!

Next to that, we would like to welcome you right here on the Abbey Games Community forum, the Discord server or on the Steam Community of Godhood to hear your first reactions to the game, share some screenshots or just read and see what other people have experienced in Godhood so far. We hope to see you around!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This looks like a mobile game in every possible aspect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom