Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls God's honest truth

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I wonder what triggered darling little Lilura this time?
Diaper rash?

Dodo1610

Arcane
Eh, compared to his brillant work in Morrowind, Soule's Oblivians music was just zzzzz , something about that game must have drained any creativity he had, just like it did to everyone who worked on that pos.

Soule's work on the Elder Scrolls music in general is overrated. His best work is the soundtrack of Icewind Dale in my opinion.

He also made the great soundtrack for Secret of Evermore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYVAarqUD60 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUV-8u-D414
Oblivions sountrack is as boring and forgettable as the rest of the game

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Skyrim looks far prettier than Oblivion, and that's all I really care about in my walking simulators. Arguing what Oblivion does right from an RPG point of view is moot: both are terrible RPGs, and aren't meant to be enjoyed that way.

The only explanation I have for the Shit and Retadred ratings are people upset at me calling Oblivion a bad walking simulator and a worse RPG. Re-evaluate your lives if people disliking Oblivion offends you. Alkarl Lilura

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
They really are no different than humans. Except, shit flinging is digital in the human world.

Alkarl

Learned
Skyrim looks far prettier than Oblivion, and that's all I really care about in my walking simulators. Arguing what Oblivion does right from an RPG point of view is moot: both are terrible RPGs, and aren't meant to be enjoyed that way.

The only explanation I have for the Shit and Retadred ratings are people upset at me calling Oblivion a bad walking simulator and a worse RPG. Re-evaluate your lives if people disliking Oblivion offends you. Alkarl Lilura

Does that butthurt come with a donut? I gave you the retadred rating for your little Skyrim plug. Your whole schtick not that long ago was telling everyone how great Skyrim was. Not unlike how another member likes to shill Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

Skyrim might be pretty, but it's also pretty fucking terrible. Rots the mind. Need proof? Check your tag.

Imo there are no good TES games, they are all varying degrees of mediocrity and failed implementation. I find Morrowind & Daggerfall enjoyable, Oblivion is quite a funny little gem in its own right.

All shit.

But none more shit than Skyrim.

As for Lilura, who knows? She needs to get her ass back in the kitchen to finishing her BG retrospective.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Does that butthurt come with a donut? I gave you the retadred rating for your little Skyrim plug.

You mean stating facts? Most people either love Skyrim or love Morrowind, for a good reason.

Your whole schtick not that long ago was telling everyone how great Skyrim was.

What?

Not unlike how another member likes to shill Fallout 3 and Oblivion

Assuming you are talking about who I think you are talking about, the difference is that he actually plays the games he shills and constantly posts pics of them. Last time I played Skyrim was years ago.

Skyrim might be pretty, but it's also pretty fucking terrible.

Thank God I never claimed otherwise in the post you rated.

Rots the mind.

Ironic coming from

Oblivion is quite a funny little gem in its own right.

EDIT: And you even rate me Butthurt yet again, Jesus Christ. I just said Skyrim was prettier than Oblivion (outrageous claim that one) and that was enough to send you on an autistic crusade.

Last edited:

Alkarl

Learned
You mean stating facts? Most people either love Skyrim or love Morrowind, for a good reason.

Most people are idiots and not everyones reasoning is valid. As I explained, the rating wasn't for bashing anything over anything else, but simply for praising Skyrim.

Ironic coming frmo

:retarded:

And yeah, I can enjoy Oblivion for the hilariously bad game it is. Go ahead and bash it all you want. You aren't going to prove a point I've never made.

:butthurt:

Alkarl

Learned
EDIT: And you even rate me Butthurt yet again, Jesus Christ. I just said Skyrim was prettier than Oblivion (outrageous claim that one) and that was enough to send you on an autistic crusade.

Let's be real here Sigourn, the only autist is the one who's on a crusade over a rating.

You're the one who called me out, no? Well, then:

:butthurt:

CrawlingDead

Learned
I mean, Oblivion was ok, definitely wasn't as good as Morrowind, better in many ways compared to Skyrim. In the end, it's still a TES game, so they all share common threads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom