Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG 50% off all Interplay titles "staycation"

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Do those guys have an inventory with games or what?!

Eyeball

Arcane
Rivmusique said:
http://www.gog.com/en/promo/interplay

Check it out.

There is about 10 games I want from there, though I'm wondering about http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/stonekeep Anyone have any thoughts on that? Will probably buy and try anyway ($3).
Stonekeep is a very attractive and well-presented game that plays like shit. I bought it because I remember a friend playing it 15 years ago and remembering it looked really cool, because surely those 2/10 reviews must be bullshit, right?

I was wrong - it really deserves no better than 2/10. Which is a shame, because there is clearly potential for greatness there, it just falls terribly flat on its face.

mister_matt

Educated
Eyeball said:
Stonekeep is a very attractive and well-presented game that plays like shit. I bought it because I remember a friend playing it 15 years ago and remembering it looked really cool, because surely those 2/10 reviews must be bullshit, right?

I was wrong - it really deserves no better than 2/10. Which is a shame, because there is clearly potential for greatness there, it just falls terribly flat on its face.

I almost bought that one because it looked possibly entertaining. This is a friendly reminder that almost all reviews on GOG are nonsense. That game has 4.5/5 stars on GOG.

xemous

Arcane
i think i'll get shogo and freespace 2. anyone know if freespace 1 is worth getting? i plan to play freespace 2 with the enhancement mod.

and is messiah any good?

Deakul

Augur
If you get the open source project for Freespace 2, don't bother getting FS1 as there's a port of the game that you can download with the OSP.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
RR is p. fun, there's some good stages like the bowling center and the chicken processing factory.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bought Fallout 2 and Freespace 2. I already owned both of them on disc, but I had too much money. I had to spend it somehow.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
J_C said:
Bought Fallout 2 and Freespace 2. I already owned both of them on disc, but I had too much money. I had to spend it somehow.
Bought Fallout 1&2, since my discs don't work anymore, and also Fallout Tactics & Baldur's Gate II, just to get rid of disc-swapping.

Got to take my hat off to GOG, they managed to make me feel guilty of getting the torrent to a game I own instead of paying them 2 dollars.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS YOU FAGGOTS SHOULD STOP JERKING OFF OVERY THESE PECAEFOQBADFS OF SHIHNTK AFIOHNwef;lbn

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
BRO YOU SOMEHOW LOST CONTROL OF YOUR CAPS LOCK AT THE END. CAREFUL BRO YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOUR POWER.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
BRO IM JUST LOOKING OUT FOR YOU BECAUSE IF YOU LOST YOUR CAPS LOCK THEN HOW WOULD YOU PROTECT THE CODEX FROM POPAMOLE SHIT?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I CANT PROTECT THIS DEN OF FAGGOTRY BUT THANKS FOR TRYING TO HE;LOAS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom