Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Deleted member 7219

Also most abandonware sites ask you to register with them first, even paying to in some cases, and they mostly supply through torrents which are a) slow and b) bandwidth hungry.

Bruticis

Hey guys, what's going on this thread? I don't like GOG but I'm here to give you my shitty derptastic opinion. Buying shit is so unkewl, bros....who does that...derp.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Also most abandonware sites ask you to register with them first, even paying to in some cases, and they mostly supply through torrents which are a) slow and b) bandwidth hungry.

Hmm...that must be for newer games, 'cause I've never seen those sites.
For games older than ca 1995 you can download most games from Abandonia, oldgames.sk, My Abandonware or Underdogs, without registering or torrenting.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Honestly, anyone who buys anything you could shoplift - such as groceries, a new car or fancy pants - is a homofag.

Gregz

Arcane
Honestly, anyone who buys anything you could shoplift - such as groceries, a new car or fancy pants - is a homofag.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
Why must always appear an idiot that equates jacking a car with unauthorized copying of a game practically forgotten commercially except for the genial idea of some crafty Poles?

This is the same type of thinking behind authoritarian shit like SOPA and ACTA some sheeple buy happily into after enough brainwashing in televitz.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You know, I'm all for pirating and everything, but the excuses some of you come up with so you could justify bragging about it are pretty hilarious.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I wish we had a facepalm picture of Kirk instead of Picard, because Picard is an homofag who buys games.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
theft of an intangible good is still theft, and in some ways worse than theft of a tangible good because its much harder to track, and much easier to distribute/steal.

but all these MPAA and RIAA are going about it wrong. the reason they are only catching old ladies and single moms and such is because anyone who knows what they are doing would make it much harder to find them. the fact that its so easy for them to track down these people lends credence to their innocence. after all, if i was "stealing" bandwidth from a neighbor, i wouldnt care about using protection because it cant be tracked to me.

pirates are not the only ones to blame though. these mega-corps are equally to blame for some of the measures they go through to prevent the theft of their intangible goods. which in the end hurts the small/niche companies pay. if someone knows how and has the tools to pirate a AAA title from a AAA studio, then it makes it that much easier if a C studio comes out with an A game because the resources are much less and the effort the pirate has to put into it that much easier so less riskier.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Thief 2: Metal Age is up today.
As if anyone here still doesn't have it. Sheeit, even if they don't they should just "pirate" it anyway since the devs doesn't see any of that money.
Already have it in boxed copy and bought it on gog anyway. You stay edgy, bro.
More like practical, bro. Keep paying money for abandonware if it makes you happy, just saying it won't bring LGS back.

Bruticis

So you basically had no input on the thread but wanted to plug your wittiness. Got it, dumbfuck detected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom