Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Grim Monk

Arcane
I'd add Hidden and Dangerous series as well to that as 'recent' games that really should be re-released.

The original Hidden & Dangerous + Expansion was released freeware ages ago.
Info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_&_Dangerous
Download Link:
http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/deluxe/download.php

Also "Railroad Tycoon: Deluxe".
Info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railroad_Tycoon
Download Link:
http://www.2kgames.com/railroads/downloads.html

And "Command & Conquer 1", "Tiberian Sun" and the "C&C Red Alert".
Info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer_(1995_video_game)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer:_Tiberian_Sun
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer:_Red_Alert
Download Link:
http://www.cncnz.com/features/freeware-classic-command-conquer-games/

All where released as legal freeware...

Posting this so if they end up on sale from GoG, know they did you no favors...

EDIT: See this list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_video_games_released_as_freeware

Last edited:

Blackstaff

Arbiter
I'd add Hidden and Dangerous series as well to that as 'recent' games that really should be re-released.

The original Hidden & Dangerous + Expansion was released freeware ages ago.
Info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_&_Dangerous
Download Link:
http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/deluxe/download.php

I've got no fuckng clue how you got me mixed into this. I've searched your reference link to a post whith no reference whatsoever about hidden and dangerous, and I've skimmed through my posts history to be sure and there is no where I could found where I've said anything about that game, plus I've got frankly no interest whatsoever for action game.

For the rest, there are legal freeware games, cool. :mrfussy:

Last edited:

mck

Cipher
Blackstaff

I...have no words. God....god is real. And he is called JudasIscariot . And he listened to my prayers. Listened to them for Majesty, listened for Requiem. Let me marry you Judas! Thank you!!!!!!! :takemyjewgold:

Now, Noone Lives Forever, get to work lazy scum!

Edit: Oh, and Mafia, Mafia too.

I still have my original Requiem box...and +1 for NOLF and Mafia....I'd add Hidden and Dangerous series as well to that as 'recent' games that really should be re-released. Oh and Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom...annoying that the Impressions series isn't complete!

Grim Monk

Arcane
I've got no fuckng clue how you got me mixed into this. I've searched your reference link to a post whith no reference whatsoever about hidden and dangerous, and I've skimmed through my posts history to be sure and there is no where I could found where I've said anything about that game, plus I've got frankly no interest whatsoever for action game.

For the rest, there are legal freeware games, cool. :mrfussy:

Sorry about that.
I was trying quote commie and when deleting some previously written stuff tagged you accidentally...

You post is related to what I posted, although indirectly...
This is all hacking in gog database stuff, so "nothing is confirmed or for sure...
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/ga...e_in_the_future_part_2/post3249?as=1649904300

In the link you posted "SCPM" mentioned a Bosnian forum with a supposed leak of future GOG releases:
http://forum.burek.com/vesti-i-zanimljivosti-iz-sveta-igara-t330287.1420.topicseen.html?imode

Evo je čitava lista ( zahvalnost ide čoveku pod nikom Mercs213 ) :

Očekujte na GOG-u tokom 2016 !!!

Warlords - Spring
Warlords II - Spring
Cornerstone The Song of Tyrim - Spring
Offworld Trading Company - Summer
Lemmings Deluxe Edition (Amiga Remastered) - Spring
Shadow of the Beast Collection (Amiga Remastered) - Spring
Utopia Creation of a Nation (Amiga Remastered) - Summer
No Mans Sky - Summer ------------------------------------------------------------> !!!
Moon Hunters - Spring
Civilization 2 Collection - Fall
Black and White Expanded Edition - Fall --------------------------------------> !!!
Black and White 2 Expanded Edition - Fall
Samorost 3 - Spring -------------------------------------------------------------------> !!!
Kings Quest (2015) - Summer
Ultima X Ascension - Summer
Obscuritas - Spring
Command and Conquer Remastered Collection - Summer ------------------> !!!
Red Alert Classic Edition - Summer

Hyper Light Drifter - Spring
The Count Lucanor - Spring
Alekhine's Gun - Spring
Cities Skylines - Fall
Full Throttle Remastered - Fall
Sim Earth - Fall
Sim Life - Fall
Sim Ant - Summer
Sim City Classic - Fall
Subnautica - Summer -------------------------------------------------------> !!!
Switchcars - Spring
The Culling - Spring
Battlestation Harbinger - Spring
Warhammer Arcane Magic - Summer
Commander and COnquer Tiberian Sun - Fall
Stronghold 2 HD - Summer
Dune II (A Building of a Dynasty - Amiga Remastered) - Fall
Dune HD Remastered - Fall
Emperor Battle for Dune - Summer
Railroad Tycoon Deluxe - Summer
Warcraft - TBA -------------------------------------------------------------------> !!!
The Sims Collection - TBA ---------------------------------------------------> !!!
Feary Tale Adventure (Amiga Remastered) - Summer
Crawl - Summer
Nekro - Fall
Fable, Anniversary Edition - Fall -------------------------------------------> !!!
Fable II Remastered - TBA ---------------------------------------------------> !!!
Tales of Zestiria - Summer
Better Late Than Dead - Spring
Shadow Warrior 2 - TBA --------------------------------------------> !!!
Buildnauts - Spring
Grim Dawn - Spring
Bus Simulator 16 - Spring
BlazBlue Chronophantasm Extended - Summer
Fallout 3 - Summer ---------------------------------------------------> !!!
Skyrim Legendary Edition - Summer ----------------------------> !!!
ChromaGun - Spring
Trulon the Shadow Engine - Spring
Deponia Doomsday - Spring ------------------------------------------> !!!
Balrum - Spring
Town of Light - Spring
Life in Bunker - Spring --------------------------------------------------> !!!
Portal Knights -TBA
Universim, The - TBA
Theme Park World - Summer
Heart of Darkness - Summer
Disgea PC - Spring
Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity - Spring
X-Com Enemy Unknown - Summer ---------------------------------> !!!
Transport Tycoon Deluxe - Summer
Star Trek - Birth of a Federation - Summer

*NOTE : With many titles submitted to CD-Projekt Red
for the approval for the GOG business platform, some
of these scheduled dates may change without notice.

That list would seem indicate that EA and Take2 are going to take titles they made "freeware" and start selling them again.

A scummy move as they released them as a "series anniversary thank you to our loyal fans"...

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

The C&C entries sound fake imo. It's true that some games in the collection were made freeware, but that promotions seems to have ended at some point, particularly when Ea, through Origin, started selling the Ultimate Collection, and this was made a long time ago, going back to at least after cnc4 was released. This UC is pretty much the same than the 10th Anniversary re-release when it comes to the older games.

EDIT: Seeing FO3 and NV as being rumored to appear on GOG makes me wonder what will happen with the mods. Almost every big mod practically demands you to have a Steam version of the game, and stuff like the NVSE says that it will work on the steam version of the game ONLY. With capital letters and shit. I seriously doubt Bethesda has hardcoded some kind of shit into their mods so they can't work with pirated versions of the games, but we'll have to see. Never tried mods when I had my pirated version of New Vegas.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yeah I know of the free Hidden and Dangerous thanks...but that was censored. I actually bought the 'Deluxe' when it wasn't free and have the original boxes from retail for it and expansion too! Still would be nice for a proper GoG installer(might also spread the word). The second one I found on Ebay once, but the expansion is impossible to find(legally I mean).

The first H&D had some of the best sphincter tightening set piece defensive battles ever, more than the second one even...the one where you have about 2 minutes to lay traps and set up your 4 man squad before about 70 Germans, a Tiger and Halftrack show up when defending the seaplane is probably my favorite game level ever...The music adds to the tension and then all hell breaks loose when you try to do as much damage as you can with your men, before each in turn is overrun. I never managed to do it without losing at least 2, but I left it like that since it was the last mission of the campaign and then you could replenish your team of 8(only 4 at any mission)from a pool of 40 or so. War is Hell :salute: (I also made sure the first two in the frontlines were the crappier soldiers that I cared less for;) ). The road to Peenemunde was awesome too, huge level, took several hours, as did the one in the expansion where you fight Greek partisans in 1946. So many overlooked theaters as well.

Last edited:

solomonhume

Novice
I had this on my wish list since forever. Is it any good? More popamole (more accessible) than say Diablo? I works on Linux too, so I'm tempted to get get just for the fuck of it.
Divinity: Original Sin is a top 5 RPG of the last decade.

It is a turn-based team-based RPG with a rich content in exploration, role-playing, and puzzles. Which means it has no similarity with Diablo at all.

Grim Monk

Arcane

Yeah I know of the free Hidden and Dangerous thanks...but that was censored.

A "Decensor Mod" has been available for a while:
http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/deluxe/mods.php
Edit: For some :? reason the link on the site doesn't download correctly.
You have to use "Save link as"...

The first H&D had some of the best sphincter tightening set piece defensive battles ever, more than the second one even...the one where you have about 2 minutes to lay traps and set up your 4 man squad before about 70 Germans, a Tiger and Halftrack show up when defending the seaplane is probably my favorite game level ever...The music adds to the tension and then all hell breaks loose when you try to do as much damage as you can with your men, before each in turn in overrun. I never managed to do it without losing at least 2, but I left it like that since it was the last mission of the campaign and then you could replenish your team of 8(only 4 at any mission)from a pool of 40 or so. War is Hell :salute: (I also made sure the first two in the frontlines were the crappier soldiers that I cared less for;) ). The road to Peenemunde was awesome too, huge level, took several hours, as did the one in the expansion where you fight Greek partisans in 1946. So many overlooked theaters as well.

Agreed, it was my first "WW2 shooter" experience.
As a result I was totally underwhelmed by stuff like "MoH: Allied Assault"...
They felt like huge :popamole::decline: after H&D.

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines finally released. :obviously: (fake edit: ninja'd by Blackstaff)
Also: the Bit.Trip series.

Finally there's some build-your-own-bundle deals going on for the next 7 days, with a new bundle coming up every 6 hours. No specific link for that as the deals are all on the main GOG page, but here are the deals so far:
Lucasarts bundles
Bit.Trip bundle (same as the Bit.Trip link above)
Nightmare Avenue (horror games)

€17.59 for Bloodlines. Fucking bloodsuckers.

pippin

It's the same price than Steam, and it's an ok ammount of money for the game. Activision does sales on GOG pretty often though.

catfood

AGAIN
1539242-bobby_kotick_the_devil.jpg

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Divers Bundles incoming each 6 hours.
There's currently a horror games bundle with the Amnesia games, the Call of Chtulhu games, The Last Door, Outlast, Sanitarium, Knock-Knock, the Cat Lady and Gabriel Knight : Sins of the fathers (apparently -80% if you take at least 5 games).

EDIT : There's also a Lucas art one (Zack MacKraken, Sam & Max, Monkey Island 1&2, Loom, The Dig, the Indiana Jones games, Afterlife and Outlaws).

Gord

Arcane
It's the same price than Steam, and it's an ok ammount of money for the game. Activision does sales on GOG pretty often though.

Given the quality, the price is ok, given the age and the fact that for years now I could buy a disc version in retail (assuming I find it still in stock) for about half the price, it's not.

Most people interested in it probably already own it anyway, however.
But it might be interesting once it's on sale.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I played the demo, it's pretty much Zelda + Minecraft, with physics puzzles. It's boring as fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom