Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
GOG is getting worse with every second. Removing my GOGmix (and later all other gogmixes), banning people for non-politically correct comments, firing Linko90 for some harmless tweet which triggered some Resetera retards, some stupid curation which prevents good indie games to be present there, etc. etc.
California was a mistake, to be honest.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
GOG is getting worse with every second. Removing my GOGmix (and later all other gogmixes), banning people for non-politically correct comments, firing Linko90 for some harmless tweet which triggered some Resetera retards, some stupid curation which prevents good indie games to be present there, etc. etc.

We still love ya Goral :love:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Another version of Flashback appeared
3e33bc2c0f17ae96c5ec15c9d64998c82beef772f5616a6cb7b28cff0ffe7859.jpg

:hmmm:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member

I haven't had the time yet to digest the e-mail I got in detail, but at a quick glance they've lowered our commission per sale and added additional conditions before they pay out. As mentioned in the Ultima Codex post, various changes that GOG has made over the years have already lowered our payouts to rock bottom, so Codex wasn't making much from GOG for the last few years either.

I've just looked at the stats for the year to date and the Codex is making about 30 bucks per month from GOG. Honestly, if the links weren't up already and automated on the forums, it wouldn't be worth putting them up for that. And that's going to be even less now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I haven't had the time yet to digest the e-mail I got in detail, but at a quick glance they've lowered our commission per sale and added additional conditions before they pay out. As mentioned in the Ultima Codex post, various changes that GOG has made over the years have already lowered our payouts to rock bottom, so Codex wasn't making much from GOG for the last few years either.

I've just looked at the stats for the year to date and the Codex is making about 30 bucks per month from GOG. Honestly, if the links weren't up already and automated on the forums, it wouldn't be worth putting them up for that. And that's going to be even less now.

Huh, so not cancelled. The automated links may have actually saved it, otherwise we might not have been sending enough traffic with the affiliate code to make it worthwhile for them.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It's this:

"Yearly requirement for remaining in the Partnership Program is being introduced: the account
need to generate minimum gross revenue (4,500 USD) or number of newly registered accounts
(1000) throughout the calendar year."

Gross revenue being how much money GOG makes from our sales pre-commission and we are past that at 6k right now. Nowhere near 1000 newly registered accounts though, a mere 33 so far in the entire year.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's this:

"Yearly requirement for remaining in the Partnership Program is being introduced: the account
need to generate minimum gross revenue (4,500 USD) or number of newly registered accounts

Gross revenue being how much money GOG makes from our sales pre-commission and we are past that at 6k right now. Nowhere near 1000 newly registered accounts though, a mere 33 so far in the entire year.

People who visit the RPG Codex tend to already have GOG accounts.

6000, you say. How have we done historically over the years? I'm curious whether we can sustain our membership in the program going forward (FWIW)

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It's this:

People who visit the RPG Codex tend to already have GOG accounts.

6000, you say. How have we done historically over the years? I'm curious whether we can sustain our membership in the program going forward (FWIW)

Yea, I know.

2017 was 7k and 56 new accounts... :decline:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
They changed the stats tracking system a couple of years ago so it doesn't go back to the beginning.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
I believe the most reasonable option would be to buy and finish 1 and 2 first, and if I want more of the same, I will pick up the expansions. And when I'm ready for the ultimate JA experience, I will go for Rage! and Back In Action.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Which titles from the Jagged Alliance series are worth playing? I've played only JA2 original (though didn't finish it).

Here's the whole GOG's selection: https://www.gog.com/games?page=1&sort=popularity&search=jagged alliance . Are those expansions to 1 and 2 any good?

Buy them all.
And definitely play JA 1 and JA 1 UB before JA 2, since it will probably be hard to get back to the more primitive mechanics of JA 1 after playing JA 2. A bit like HoMM 3 vs 2 vs 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
And GOG decided, without warning, to switch me over from dealing in dollars to extorting in euros.

All the games on my wishlist jumped up in price (10% on average) since the sale started. IT'S NOT A SALE WHEN YOU START BY RAISING THE PRICE BEFORE ADDING DISCOUNTS.

I have been trying for weeks now to simply Add Funds to my GOG wallet, but their site wouldn't let me do that for some reason... until today, all of a sudden.

Coincidence? I fucking doubt it. Especially since I contacted GOG support about it and they never got back to me. You would think a company would want to immediately resolve an issue of someone being incapable of giving them money.

Oh and look, I already own their "free games" of the sale.

I want to support GOG, but that's becoming really hard to do when they have sunk from being a decent digital distributor to dubious dime-dealing douchebags in record time. Steam is at least consistent in their low level of customer relations, GOG can't seem to decide whether it wants to fuck people in the ass with lube, or just going in raw.

There are a couple of good deals in the sale, but I'm not gonna bother. Not after this.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
You lot think I don't know how to do that?

My settings were set to USD last night when I checked it. A game I have on my wishlist was then going for $9.99.

Today my GOG wishlist was set to Euros. That same game going for $9.99 was now going for €9.99.

After changing the settings back to USD that same game is now $11.33. (It's not discounted for the sale.)

The price hike is across the board.

Morkar Left

GET FULL THROTTLE Remastered for FREE on gog! Only for a limited time
3e7d8a74fae1394239ed2c2b40b2620b612db1823761f6b6ac65f26715316759_giveaway_banner_logo_365_2x.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom