Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
You honestly didn't give the impression that you knew.

Honestly?

latest

Neither do you.

But enough jabbing. I dug through the GOG forums and they've announced that this is due to "changes to currency exchange rates", which seems to be a regular thing for them to do.

So it seems my future as a GOG customer only involves more buttfuckery. Joy.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Unkillable Cat
this is a new thing introduced with new interface and it happens to me at least once in a week.
The only working solution to this (cleaning cookies and switching browsers doesn't work)? Add some game into basket, proceed with the order until you get your currency setting back.
Like the new interface itself wasn't already a problem...

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that Legend games aren't more widely known outside adventure aficionados. They're some of the best ever, my personal favourites are Gateway and Eric. Legend deserves at least as much recognition as Sierra or Lucasarts IMO.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Mission Critical is great.

There's a RTS minigame I didn't like and the last 1/5 of the game is anticlimatic without anything interesting to do anymore.

For the rest I loved the game. It's a sci-fi game with some Star Trek inspirations, I don't know if it can be called hard sci-fi but what's sure is that it feels like it is for a large part, you're roamming your space ship, investigating and looking for clues and items to reach the different parts of the ship and activate and use its various devices, and that's very interesting.

You're uncovering some backstory in the process, you're all alone and the game is atmospheric. It mostly uses (decent) 3D but there are also some gorgeous 2D scenes. There are good FMV scenes, the story is cool, the writing is good, there are some fun "game over" sequences, there's a large playground, a big inventory and the puzzles are good. Highly recommended, unless you don't like puzzles that is.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
For the sake of research, I ran some price comparisons on GOG games on my wishlist before and after the price hike.

A game that cost $13.49 with a 25% discount earlier, now costs $14.29 with a 30% discount.

:negative:

mck

Cipher
Blood & Gold is one of the daily deals at $3. I didn't know what it was before but it appears to be a janky pirate re-skin of Mount & Blade. Looked interesting to me so I picked it up.

Also in more pirate game news, Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships is $1.49, which is the cheapest I ever remember seeing it go for.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ERYFKRAD Is it worth picking up the other Sea Dogs games, such as Caribbean Tales? Have you played Tempest?
Caribbean Tales is buggy as hell with only four islands or so, sure mods fixed it, but I daresay City of Abandoned Ships is where it's at. Sea Dogs: To Each His Own is good, but has a linear story about a french fop becoming a man in the Caribbean.

Tempest, eh, I played it, didn't like it much. The designed for mobile interface annoyed me, and the on-foot components were absolute ass when I last played.

Last edited by a moderator:

sser

Arcane
Developer
I'm kinda surprised they haven't gotten rid of the YouTube shit when hovering titles. Like I hover 90% of games just to see what sort of genre it is with a quick glance at the images. If I wanna see more I'll watch a trailer or whatever, but I don't have a need nor even have the damn time to watch clips of every single link I put the mouse on.

the_shadow

Arcane
Two more items on my wishlist heavily discounted.

Crimsonland - A good top down shooter which you can start up and play a few rounds of when you have 30 min free

Immortal Redneck - Apparently similar to Ziggurat, but better. Should be interesting to try when I'm on break.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm kinda surprised they haven't gotten rid of the YouTube shit when hovering titles. Like I hover 90% of games just to see what sort of genre it is with a quick glance at the images. If I wanna see more I'll watch a trailer or whatever, but I don't have a need nor even have the damn time to watch clips of every single link I put the mouse on.
Damn, I hate that shit. I much prefer the screenshots that Steam shows on hovering. Watching some bullshit cinematic trailer gives me no idea what the game is like.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
A surprisingly decent sale and some good daily deals. Expeditions: Viking was hard to pass up, even if it has vikings in it, so I picked it up when it was -85%.

Cerulean

Cipher
BShocker 1 & 2 remastered versions are released on GOG.

https://af.gog.com/game/bioshock_remastered?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/bioshock_2_remastered?as=1649904300

According to the announcement, the original versions will be added later as a free bonus.

That just set my personal GOG record for the shortest "now available!" vs. "thanks for your purchase!" gaps between e-mails. Even faster than New Vegas, which I didn't think could have been possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
It's ironic how when growing up I never had enough games. Now thanks to sales on STEAM/GoG/Humble/etc. I'd need to become a lich to get through my backlog.

Being a lich isn't as bad as people say,believe me I know

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom