Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They put Bioshock 3 on there not long ago so I could see a few more coming. Probably not Borderlands because of the multiplayer/steamworks focus though, and probably not anything from Rockstar because of their dumb social network and DRM love.

It's a shame I own them all on Steam already anyway. I prefer DRM free from GOG when I can get it, but rebuying stuff like Bioshock Infinite just to remove the DRM? Even at $5 it's kind of an eye-roll. Good for the anti-Steam die-hards though.

sullynathan

Arcane
I was just invited to the closed GOG 2.0 beta which is odd and funny since I've never bought any game through gog and played a bunch of pirated games through gog.

Guess I'm special

Last edited:

the_shadow

Arcane
I was just invited to the closed GOG 2.0 beta which is odd and funny since I've never bought any game through gog and played a bunch of pirated games through gog.

Guess I'm special

its-a-trap.gif

sullynathan

Arcane
Tried it and connected every account I have. It's quick in scrubbing data, but it made me realize that I own/ played a very large amount of games.

On the PS4, It just shows what console games you have trophies for so at best it's just pulling in trophy data because it's unofficial. Xbox is official but doesn't have the full library of any xbox/ Microsoft game I've played, it only has killer instinct which I've never played but I believe was given for free.

One thing they should do is merge the profiles for duplicate games you own across various stores/ systems. It would reduce hovering over titles to know which program it has to open first.

Other than that it's a competent launcher but likely isn't useful if gog isn't your primary game launcher

sullynathan

Arcane
One huge downside is that gog galaxy no longer imports games that aren't owned by you. So all my pirated games are no longer recognizable.

sullynathan

Arcane
Can't you manually import?
I can't, nor does it give the option to manually import and I'm not surprised. For about 1 - 2 years now, GOG Galaxy hasn't been able to import every game that I don't own through the system. For example, prior to entering the closed beta, it could import Witcher 3 & Divinity 2 by scanning, but couldn't import Witcher 2 or divine divinity. Now, it can't import any of them at all.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
But how can they differentiate between a purchased DRM-free release and a pirated one?

What if I install some abandonware or freeware game? Sucks if one can't add it.

The program is supposed to function as a game library, not a pirate police. Also, why the fuck do they even care what you add to your library?

sullynathan

Arcane
But how can they differentiate between a purchased DRM-free release and a pirated one?

What if I install some abandonware or freeware game? Sucks if one can't add it.

The program is supposed to function as a game library, not a pirate police. Also, why the fuck do they even care what you add to your library?
The thing is, I thought there was no way to do so, and I still think they don't differentiate.

Prior to the beta, all I'd be missing in GOG Galaxy is cloud saves because the game wasn't purchased by my account, and for certain pirated games from certain sites, GOG Galaxy would be unable to tell what version the game is so it says Unknown Version.

Usually, it was older games that released prior to GOG Galaxy that had trouble being detected, but it was hardly consistent. I could still download Severance and Gothic and it would detect and import it, but not Witcher 2.

Now, it detects no game that isn't tied to my account. I'm not losing sleep over it, but it's just something I've noticed in the beta. Could be a bug, who knows.

Be sure to post "won't let me import pirated games" on the beta forum. I'm sure they'll jump right on that.
Maybe I'll post on the forums and give them feedback that there's a bug that doesn't allow me to import games downloaded from the site itself.:smug:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Maybe just ask for the feature of manually adding abandonware & freeware games.

Personally I hope that'll be possible, because I have such games that I would want in my library organizer, if I was ever going to use such a tool. Otherwise, if you can't have all your library in one place, what's the fucking use for GOG Galaxy? Isn't that its whole reason for existing?

Modron

Arcane

Personally I hope that'll be possible, because I have such games that I would want in my library organizer, if I was ever going to use such a tool. Otherwise, if you can't have all your library in one place, what's the fucking use for GOG Galaxy? Isn't that its whole reason for existing?
Steam already has that add non steam game feature it wouldn't be that weird for gog to follow suit.

sullynathan

Arcane

That would've been easy and steam already has it too.

Right now, the launcher is just there for all the other major launchers you have on your pc.

I'm quite sure CDPR wants you to just have GOG Galaxy be the first launcher you open on your computer.

Modron

Arcane
Wut played both Edna and Harvey games on my win 10 machine just fine... and even older daedalic games.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Wut played both Edna and Harvey games on my win 10 machine just fine... and even older daedalic games.

Did you literally have no problem or did you have problem but found a solution? The game is unplayable for me and apparently others going by the Steam forums. It's the first game I've given up on in ages, nothing worked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom