Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

GOG.com

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Chuck Norris, Feb 2, 2012.

1. KeighnMcDeath Learned

KeighnMcDeath
    OMG! A game where they're not doing 80k to 3 trillion points of damage. I can't believe its not butter.

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    • Brofist x 2
    • incline x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Is it good? I'm always on the lookout for good cyberpunk games.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    • Yes Yes x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Strange Fellow Arcane Patron

Strange Fellow
    Apart from the action segments it's a great game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag Patron

Deuce Traveler
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It's very atmospheric and I got some sweet 1980s vibes from it. A lot of 'Bladerunner' with a little bit of 'Big Trouble in Little China' sprinkled in. If you like 80s cyberpunk, point and click adventure games, and early John Carpenter films, then you'll like this.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Sceptic Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Sceptic
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I made an LP of this ages ago, if you want to get an idea of what it's like. I don't recommend going too far into the LP if you actually plan on playing it. I think it's a great game, but then I'm a sucker for optional content and multiple paths in adventure games, and both Rise of the Dragon and Heart of China had a lot of this.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Sukhāvatī a.k.a. ManjuShri Patron

Sukhāvatī
    I actually prefer the Sega CD version with the Cam Clarke voiceacting, and even the green tint graphics over the higher fidelity DOS version.

Worth playing whichever the version though.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Cool, thanks, will definitely check it out.

• incline incline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Yeah, buy the GOG version but then play the Sega CD version if you can. The mild censorship is annoying but everything else is better.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Vorark Arbiter

Vorark
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Bara Educated

Bara
    Well this is coming to gog on the 30th.

Apparently launched on early access on steam back in October. Looks decent, anyone played it?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. KeighnMcDeath Learned

KeighnMcDeath
    You know what I saw on steam that isn't on gog...

Heretic, Hexen, and Hexen 2. Geeze GOG... fuck me hard. No one has Heretic 2 due to some bullshit. I think maybe I uh .. acquired a dl somewhere since I doubt it'd install on my win10 from disc. As for Heretic and hexen.. I should probably just use project brutality or something. Can't recall if I have hexen 2. Loved Raven games even if they're shooters. Am I a true boomer? Well, damn I played doom so long and ignored so many rpgs until I clickfested on diablo and d2. None of those are true rpgs.

^ Top  
  13. Bad Sector Savant Patron

Bad Sector
    Another problem with Heretic 2, beyond its general unavailability in online stores, is that unlike Heretic 1, Hexen and Hexen 2, Heretic 2's source code was never released.

At least for Heretic 1, Hexen and Hexen 2 i have the data files copied from Steam and bundled with a source port.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. pOcHa Magister Patron

pOcHa
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    looks like Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Poos Arcane

Poos
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Not a bad game. Some of those cars are pretty sweet.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Modron Arcane

Modron
    I disagree, the Saboteur tried to be both an Assassin's Creed climbing stealth takedown game and a GTA game and just comes off as a blander than either having been pulled in two directions. Side content is relegated to blowing up 8000 AA guns, fuel tanks, et cetera and there is little to no motivation to do so because you quickly acquire all the money you would need from the first few hundred and all the rest just make an easier game even easier by cutting down on opposition on the map. Could use some races and apparently they couldn't get assets to stream fast enough for planes on consoles in their engine so they axed planes entirely. In at least one mission it really felt like they were building an escape from the airfield then you just nope out the front entrance after mowing down some nazis.

I count it up there with Just Cause 2 as one of the most pointless open world games I have played and I have a high tolerance for open world games. Don't let me dissuade you from trying the game as the setting had potential, just let me say if you aren't enjoying it the Saboteur is not going to get better the further you go on. Would be better off playing Mafia.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Mark Richard Arcane

Mark Richard
    Christ. Fresh releases - Commandos 2 HD Remaster, Praetorians HD Remaster, Of Orcs and Men, Styx: Master of Shadows, and Styx: Shards of Darkness. Top it off with a huge 'Lunar Sale'. Cut to a broken man surrounded by upturned hourglasses, muttering to himself 'not enough time, not enough time...'

• gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • incline x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)