Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pretty cool. Dishonored is one of the very, very few AAA games in the last decade+ that I've actually liked, and it's wonderful to own them DRM free. I vaguely remember Dishonored 2 allegedly having poor performance in the city, did they fix that or was that some overly loud minority that complained they couldn't get more than 60 FPS in 4k on two monitors or something thing?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
70% off holy Hmmmmmmmmm.
DC_Unit_00425_R-c16c60d.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
All of the Dishonored games + all the DLCs for 20€ is a ridiculously good bargain, I didn't hesitate for a second.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Pretty cool. Dishonored is one of the very, very few AAA games in the last decade+ that I've actually liked, and it's wonderful to own them DRM free. I vaguely remember Dishonored 2 allegedly having poor performance in the city, did they fix that or was that some overly loud minority that complained they couldn't get more than 60 FPS in 4k on two monitors or something thing?

I think when Dishonored 2 launched it was really poorly optimized, but I didn't have any problem at all getting 60fps on my 1060 not long ago. I think I just used high rather than ultra and that was good enough. Now I have a 2070 and recently played Death of the Outsider and didn't have a problem getting 60 there either, even at 1440p. Now, 144fps... that's another matter. I don't think I got anywhere near that without going down to lowest settings, sadly.

Anyway... glad to see these on GOG. Usually I wait for $5 sales to re-buy games I have on Steam, but for Dishonored I'll make an exception and support that right away.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So i see the bundle for Wolf and them each separately. I'll assume the bundle has what both singles have. There have been a few gog instances i ended up with the same damn product trying to cover bases for extended content. Yeah... im dumb.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So i see the bundle for Wolf and them each separately. I'll assume the bundle has what both singles have. There have been a few gog instances i ended up with the same damn product trying to cover bases for extended content. Yeah... im dumb.

The way GOG handles bundles is often weird. I now own an edition of Neverwinter Nights EE that no longer exists, because of the new expansion, so every sale the site tries to sell me the game again.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Fuck the DLC, will we get the final patch on GOG for the base game already?
My game received an update today at the same time the DLC was released, dunno if that was the final patch though.
Unless the changelog hasn't been updated, it's not.

GOG states the last update is v1.11.1a (Nov 2018), while Steam has v1.11.11.11 (Jul 2019).

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Fuck the DLC, will we get the final patch on GOG for the base game already?
My game received an update today at the same time the DLC was released, dunno if that was the final patch though.
Unless the changelog hasn't been updated, it's not.

GOG states the last update is v1.11.1a (Nov 2018), while Steam has v1.11.11.11 (Jul 2019).

Looking at gog galaxy it says 1.11.11.1j even though the changelog hasn't been updated and says 1.11.1a when you click on it

Melcar

Arcane
So I bought Kingdom Come on the last sale to try it out. Planned to play it this weekend. Log on to GOG and... 15 individual downloads for the game? You fucking joking right? I'm not installing that Galaxy shit. I guess I should have just not removed it from inventory.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I bought Kingdom Come on the last sale to try it out. Planned to play it this weekend. Log on to GOG and... 15 individual downloads for the game? You fucking joking right? I'm not installing that Galaxy shit. I guess I should have just not removed it from inventory.

GOG breaks large downloads for Windows to chunks of 4GB, most likely to accommodate for people storing the files on FAT32 drives (the file sizes are always a couple of bytes less than a full 32bit number which is the limit of what FAT32 can handle - well, FAT32 can handle an extra byte, but i guess that is just a common "off by one" mistake :-P). So the larger the installer is, the more the files - and that goes extra with additional DLCs and such.

In any case you can also use the GOG downloader to download the files. With the downloader installed you can use the "More" menu to get the downloader links and it'll download these files for you on the background.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom