Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Too many people have a hard time understanding that some customers genuinely feel fine giving developers money for providing them with a game that they absolutely enjoy. I certainly do, especially if it means that I might get more of the good stuff down the line. Maybe it's a lack of empathy.

Yeah, it feels kinda shitty to spend like 3 USD on a game if I care about it(/s development) and it's already really niche to begin with. Found myself overpaying for a bunch of roguelikes around winter because the sales were sometimes just too much to feel okay about.

(And not rich, far from it.)

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
GoG got their hands on Mark of Chaos and Mordheim
https://af.gog.com/promo/warhammer_week?as=1649904300
I swear everytime GOG does a sale like this I learn about 3 games I've never heard about (maybe that says more about their normal storefront tho, lol).

If anyone's curious about Mordheim, it feels like a tactical tabletop game, and in that sense it can be fun but it takes a bit of imagination, and probably better off with real people than bots.

Last edited by a moderator:

A horse of course

Mark of Chaos is terrible. It's only noteworthy because thieving russians ripped all the assets to make Warhammer mods for Medieval 2 and Mountain Brad.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I don't think it does. If you approach it expecting Dark Omen you will bounce off hard. If you approach it not expecting Dark Omen you will also bounce off hard.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I ...demoed Mordheim once, but I didn't play it for more than 20 minutes. It wasn't because I didn't like it, I was just distracted by other things. Is it actually good? Warhammer games always make me wet, but their quality is sometimes debatable.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Most of the time, sadly.

Also a shame that we won't be getting a 40k RPG anytime soon.
Even though it's kinda uncharacteristic of me to want a fantasy game because we are suffocated with those, I'd also like to see a Warhammer Fantasy game. It would be badass adventuring with a Chaos party. Or maybe Witch Hunters + Inquisitors/Battle Priests cleansing the land of Chaos degenerates. I'd devour a 40k RPG too, though.

Vatnik Wumao
Most of the time, sadly.

Also a shame that we won't be getting a 40k RPG anytime soon.
Even though it's kinda uncharacteristic of me to want a fantasy game because we are suffocated with those, I'd also like to see a Warhammer Fantasy game. It would be badass adventuring with a Chaos party. Or maybe Witch Hunters + Inquisitors/Battle Priests cleansing the land of Chaos degenerates. I'd devour a 40k RPG too, though.
Wouldn't mind one either, but I fear that a WhF game is much easier to dilute into your average dark fantasy. Only developer I'd trust to nail WhF's aesthetic is CDPR given their adaptation of Sapkowski's work. With 40k you'd have to go out of your way to fail at it.

_V_

Scholar
I ...demoed Mordheim once, but I didn't play it for more than 20 minutes. It wasn't because I didn't like it, I was just distracted by other things. Is it actually good? Warhammer games always make me wet, but their quality is sometimes debatable.
It's basically a very likable base game (if very clunky controls) that never got any work put into good level design. In single player you'll spend most time in generic mirror matches. Felt like grinding to me, once I figured out what I was doing and how to abuse the mirror setup... 6/10 that could have been a 9/10 IMHO.

Mark of Chaos:
You fight tactical battles. It's a Warhammer Fantasy game. The campaign tells a story with some very limited C&C. Units gain experience and you have some very limited choice how they upgrade. That's where the similarities to dark Omen end. It's much closer to modern Total War games from a gameplay, unit development and vibe perspective. It also hast "hero" units with some RPG character development elements.
6,5/10 which could have been an 8 if uniti and hero unit development had been handled better.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I looked at gog forums and apparently the game doesn't run on windows 10. Another 10/10 gog release :lol:

And another game to be added to "windows 10 is best for old school gaming hurr durr" list, although this one's rather shit so whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom