Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/we_say_goodbye_to_gog_downloader/page1?as=1649904300
they announced few years back that they no longer work on GOG DOwnloader, now they disabled it

They also updated exchange ratio
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/local_prices_update/post580?as=1649904300
We’ve updated exchange rates and the current ones are as follows:

5.99$ = 5.29 EUR = 4.69 GBP = 9.19 AUD = 439 RUB = 22.79 PLN = 56.80 SEK = 57.20 NOK = 39.40 DKK = 5.59 CHF = 8.19 CAD = 28.09 BRL = 42.00 CNY

9.99$ = 8.89 EUR = 7.69 GBP = 15.29 AUD = 729 RUB = 37.99 PLN = 94.70 SEK = 95.40 NOK = 65.70 DKK = 9.39 CHF = 13.69 CAD = 46.89 BRL = 69.00 CNY

14.99$ = 13.29 EUR = 11.59 GBP = 22.99 AUD = 1089 RUB = 56.99 PLN = 142.10 SEK = 143.10 NOK = 98.60 DKK = 13.99 CHF = 20.59 CAD = 70.29 BRL = 104.00 CNY
sale is coming soon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not sure why people complain about Galaxy, I've never had a problem with it. I only use it to download and install games, though.

overly excitable young man

You can ask if you want store credit or the money back on paypal or whatever.
I took store credit. The later should take a lot longer usually.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Downloader isn't really needed anymore since Galaxy lets you download the offline backup installers through it.
Good to know. I ditched Galaxy in its beginnings since it wasn't able to do what GOG Downloader does. I still might not be arsed to DL a new program though.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is also gogrepo which can be used to automatically download and sync all your GOG games (it keeps old versions around too). The main downside is that it is a command-line program and needs a Python 2.7 installation with PIP available. Not a big deal, but certainly not as easy as having a GUI-based tool.

Though personally i download the games via the web browser since i slightly alter GOG's titles (e.g. remove TMs, etc or add numbers in games that are part of series so they sort easier in the file manager) and merge some entries that GOG shows as separate titles.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Good to know. I ditched Galaxy in its beginnings since it wasn't able to do what GOG Downloader does. I still might not be arsed to DL a new program though.

I just use the browser so I don't have to have it installed, but if you need a downloader because of your internet at least it's available.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you select all of the DLCs, you get an 81% reduction, so I'll just get them all because it would be more expensive to get only 2 lol.

Farewell young Prince into the night

Thief 1 and 2 on sale for a pittance (less than one American dollar).

Do yourself a favor and grab them if you don't have them already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom