Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

catfood

AGAIN
Treasure Adventure Game is a great metroidvania/platformer. It's one of the most wholesome games out there. You'll fall in love with the world and its characters. It has a kickass soundtrack too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://af.gog.com/news/b5_classic_games_from_ziggurat_interactive_join_gogcom_todayb?as=1649904300

5 CLASSIC GAMES FROM ZIGGURAT INTERACTIVE JOIN GOG.COM TODAY

Now that spring is upon us, there is plenty of spring cleaning to take care of and as more people around the globe practice social distancing, it is the perfect time to stay home and catch up on some new games or other classics you may have missed out on.

As our Spring Sale is underway, offering over 2,500 deals, there is plenty to celebrate now, like the return of Darklands and Slave Zero to our catalog, under a new digital publisher. We also thought it would be the perfect time to introduce you to a handful of other classic games that are now available on GOG.COM thanks to Ziggurat Interactive. You can check them out below!

ziggurat_editorial_1.jpg

NAM

In NAM, you play as Alan 'The Bear' Westmoreland, a Marine Corps sergeant. Your mission is simple - survive through 34 single and multiplayer levels. There’s even 8-person PVP if you are looking to frag out with friends.

If first-person, militaristic style games are your style and you are a fan of classic titles like DOOM II and Duke Nukem 3D, this is one that is definitely worth checking out.

ziggurat_editorial_2.jpg

Elite Warriors Vietnam

Here’s another militaristic shooter that takes place in Vietnam, but instead of first-person, Elite Warriors Vietnam is a third-person shooter released in 2005.

Your mission is to infiltrate Laos and help out any way you can. Explore lush environments and handle squad management tasks as you train and put together the best teams for the jobs ahead - including rescuing pilots, capturing soldiers, and more.

ziggurat_editorial_3.jpg

Line of Sight Vietnam

Starting to notice a bit of a theme here? Also taking place in Vietnam during the war, Line of Sight Vietnam is a shooter that lets you play in both first-person and third-person, so regardless of your preference, you’re good to go.

Covering 12 single-player missions, you play as Pvt. Chris Egan, a US Army sniper. You’re tasked with removing a variety of enemies, sometimes alone, sometimes with an NPC squadmate that you can give orders to. In addition to giving orders, you can also play from their perspective during the missions to add even more ways to play.

ziggurat_editorial_4.jpg

Deadly Dozen

The first non-Vietnam game on our list, Deadly Dozen is a first-person shooter that takes place during World War II. You control a squad of 12, as you tear your way through German-occupied territories and other landmark locations from WW II.

If you like hand-crafting teams for a variety of missions, Deadly Dozens is the perfect title for that. With each mission, you’ll get a briefing, and from there decide which members of your squad are best suited for the mission at hand.

Also, if Deadly Dozen, Line of Sight Vietnam, and Elite Warriors Vietnam seem like something you are interested in, you can snag all three with a special series discount.

ziggurat_editorial_5.jpg

Fields of Glory

Fields of Glory is a bit different than the other titles on this list, but if you love realistic military strategy games, this is one worth checking out.

Unlike the other shooters on the list, Fields of Glory is a pure real-time strategy game. It highlights four of the historical battles of Napoleon's Waterloo campaign, as well as two additional battles. This game prides itself on its accuracy, so if you are a history buff, this is definitely one worth looking at.

Well, there you have it. Five new titles that are available on GOG.COM from Ziggurat Interactive. If you are looking for something militaristic, any of these titles are great choices to dive into.

And don’t forget to do some of that spring cleaning between matches!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hah, NAM is absolutely atrocious and up (down?) there with WWII GI as one of the worst Build games, second only to Tekwar in my view. I only found out much later that NAM was made by Team TNT, which surprised considering the much higher quality of their Doom WADs (even the free ones).

I never played Fields of Glory but I remember it getting good reviews from the strategy aficionados back in the day, I know PC Gamer liked it, and I vaguely remember the CGW review being quite positive too.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It has been many years since i've played NAM but from what i remember, the game would appeal to the same person who finds Telengard appealing: it is essentially you versus the random number generator, everything else is secondary. Sort of like gambling, except in an FPS format :-P. Some people seem to remember it fondly though. Perhaps whatever version i played was broken or something. I'll wishlist it for when it goes on (bigger) sale and see.

But i think it was a budget shooter, similar to games like The Hell in Vietnam that smaller developers were making in the 2000s.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you want to have build engine Vietnam experience, instead of buying NAM you are better off playing Platoon a total conversion mod for Duke3D done by same people.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The free goodies they are giving out now include NWN's soundtrack and the artbook of Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Blades of the Shogun. Just a heads up.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I wouldn't worry about GOG :

- While the financials of 2018 were meh, H1 2019 was more profitable for GOG.com, with increase of sales (81M PLN to 64M PLN H1 '19 vs H1 '18), gross margin (24M vs 20M) and margin (0.6M PLN vs -1.1 MPLN). H2 is typically stronger for a video game company so 2020 should be nice,

- Even if the financials were not good, CDProjekt in its entirety has as of 30/06/2019 530M PLN in cash, cash equivalent or bank deposits (+100M in other liquid assets) to compare to … 170M PLN in debts and other non-equity liabilities.

=> The whole company has had 100M of operating expenses in H1 2019 PLN, so even without taking into account financial revenue and potential negative income tax, the whole CDProject group could run more than 2 years with absolutely NO revenue whatsoever, purely on its reserves.

Of course, CD Projekt could want to cut the loss of GOG.com if it was not profitable, but I would not worry much.

First, I am wondering whether they are not piloting GOG.com profit to be as close as possible to zero. I am not quite sure (it should be clearer when we have the 2019 full year) but they have an handful of leverages for that (in particular good old administrative cost allocation). As to why, it could be to make their main activity as appealing as possible, to make GOG.com looks like a company barely surviving to limit the pressure on share agreements less favorable to them, ...

Second, even if GOG.com was not profitable, CDProjekt is profitable enough and would want to preserve its reputation, so it would invest part of its war chest to protect is GOG.com community, and in any case would probably prefer to sell the whole activity for a meager price to anyone who would want to take it (for instance, you know, Epic) rather than face the drama and the potential lawsuits they could incur.

So, don't worry about your catalog.
They released their report for FY 2019 :

- GOG.com generated ca. €650K, compared to almost 0 last year. The difference seems to come from marginally more net sales (€10.5M vs €10.0M in 2018) and marginally less administrative expenses (€1.0M vs €1.3M in 2019),
- CDProjekt Red still generated more profit than GOG.com has in GROSS revenue : €38M in 2019 vs €24M in 2018,
They invested €31M in R&D (=Cyberpunk and maybe other projects unannounced - those don't go in the P&L) and despite this only had to cash-out around €12M.
A large part of the balance sheet change is on "Trade Receivables" (+€20M) and on +€12M of inventories in the balance sheet for Goods (I assume physical copies ?) so by 31/12/2019 the release of Cyberpunk was near already :)

I forget : €26M in "deferred revenue". That's your pre-order, mostly :).

ADL

Prophet
I'm looking forward to next year's report and we figure out how much the new refund policy has affected sales. I know I've been buying a shitload more GOG games recently now that I don't have to worry about them being broken and shitty.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd guess development costs will be lower next year since Galaxy 2.0 will be in a maintenance stage rather than a development one? Though I'm ignorant on how big a difference that could be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom