Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's a ton of GOG versions that lack Steam's online features. It's a very singleplayer focused site, overall.
So? Even if they were singleplayer focused, missing features shouldn't be the norm.

And besides, considering the way they're trying to cram their client down everyone's throats, they'd better have those online features! Though to be honest, getting Steam and Galaxy cross-play to work properly seems to be a bit of a pain. Both Ancestors Legacy and Dusk only arrived on gog after considerable delay (Dusk took well over half a year, despite the dev - a gog forum member - being very eager to release on gog).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So? Even if they were singleplayer focused, missing features shouldn't be the norm.

It would be nice to live in a world where multiplayer was still LAN, private server and DRM free friendly, but unfortunately that world ended a long time ago thanks to Xbox Live and Steamworks. GOG has a much smaller market share and I doubt it's easy to convince anyone to make all new multiplayer functionality for their versions.

Dodo1610

Arcane
This is worrying development I just hope they aren't dumb enough to do something like this with Cyberpunk 2077 cause if they did they can close just their site.

Modron

Arcane
Bloodstained and Dex are great, Gianna Sisters is okay, some people like crosscode but I couldn't get into the gameplay, Shantae games, The Longest Journey and cant forget The Blackwell series. Plenty of not terrible stuff albeit not so great discounts across the board.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The Quest? I noticed if you buy the DLC and the standard its cheaper than the deluxe (which is both of those).

spekkio

Arcane
BROS, I can confirm, that DLSc for DE-MD won't work if you install the game using offline installers:

JkXr8lc.png

So basically when the Galaxy client isn't installed & working.

"Shop" menu is inactive:

ZG2HV3s.jpg

You can't change outfits:

s30qGOs.jpg

And last but not least, "Story" DLCs don't work either:

uiH4rdv.jpg

Yup. It looks like S-E servers are currently unavailable... :roll:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah i also tried it. From the messages on the forum it seems the GOG staff know about it (some people sent a support ticket and got a reply) and they - said that they - will fix it. DS3 also had some issues with missing files, so it seems them working from home these days caused more issues than usual.

Hopefully they'll get around fixing these soon, i practically bought DXMD for the DLC since i've played the base game two years ago on Steam. Though it should be possible to use something like Goldberd Emulator to bypass it, but they renamed all Steam_xxx calls in the steam_api64.dll to Ghost_xxx calls (and renamed the file to ghost_api64.dll) so you'd need to rename all exports in Goldberg's DLL from Steam to Ghost for this to work. I'd try it, but i do not have a 64bit C++ compiler installed ATM and TBH i'd prefer if GOG fixed it on their side.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Indivisible is an RPG? Its an odd looking game mechanic wise. Is that similar to Metronomicon? NVM. Definitely NOT!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Aww man, the autistic "OMG GOG LOVE DRM NOW" response team will have to go back to standby mode awaiting their next opportunity.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Last edited by a moderator:

Melcar

Arcane
One of the mods at GOG said in the forum they'll fix the DLC issue. Also they released fixed versions of the DS3 offline installers (though for some reason they didn't mark the game as updated... do they do everything by hand and forgot it?).

I haven't noticed GOG marking any of their games on my game list as "Updated" in quite a while now. Have they given up on the practice, or have they simply not updated anything?

None in my library have been updated either. It's been like what, 2 months? Granted most are old, but even shit like Deus Ex and Thief saw more than one update in a month's time before.

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
One of the mods at GOG said in the forum they'll fix the DLC issue. Also they released fixed versions of the DS3 offline installers (though for some reason they didn't mark the game as updated... do they do everything by hand and forgot it?).

I haven't noticed GOG marking any of their games on my game list as "Updated" in quite a while now. Have they given up on the practice, or have they simply not updated anything?

Update notifications have not been working for a while, you can use this very useful third party site instead. It shows all the new releases, and any changes to the existing ones. I only discovered this recently, and that list made me respect gog a bit more, seeing that they're pushing out a ton of updates for their games on a daily basis. Not all of them are actual patches, sometimes it's just a name change to the installer, etc. but still.

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
What sucks though is that the changelogs for specific games rarely get updated on gog, so for example if someone haven't been following the "DXMD dlc not working without Galaxy" drama on the forums, they'll have no idea what changed in this DXMD update, and why they have to download 47 gigs again (in case of using the offline installers).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Patch notes in general seem to be a thing of the past a lot of the time. I've googled countless times wondering what a new patch changed and found nothing. Same for firmware updates on hardware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom