Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Golden Fall 2(working title name). Developr "blog".

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Hi,

I am working on the next game after Golden Fall.
I am calling it Golden Fall 2, though that's just a temporarily name.
This game has dialogs/quests and I am going to add a lot more stuff.
I am thinking it a kind of a dungeon siege linear RPG, where you keep advancing forward.

Here is a webgl build,
Arrow keys or ASDW to walk.
Holding it down let you to "auto walk".
Mouse to click on NPCs or enemies to attack.
Space bar to wait in place, in case someone is blocking you, you can wait for him to walk away(if he's an NPC).

http://pompipompi.net/Test101/

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
I am trying to add tile "Edges", so the tiles would transition instead of having very strict straight lines.

TileEdges.png

TileEdges.png

Squip

Arcane
Developer
Good progress so far!

There doesn't appear to be any way to exit the dialogue when I talk to NPCs, but I assume that's just not implemented yet.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
You can exit by saying bye, if there is no options to select then this is because the dialog file is missing.
I fixed this in the next build.

In this build I have added "realistic walls". Walls that have a left and right facing sprites so they won't be so abstract. Suppose to look better.
What do you think?

NewTrees.png

Squip

Arcane
Developer
The walls are better for sure.

I would definitely make the treetops a different shade from the ground though, so they stand out properly.

It might be time to think about some of your colors as well. I think the colorful grass is consistent with the cutesy art style, but a lot of neon green on screen all at once can be hard to look at. I'd try breaking it up with a lot more dirt tiles or preferably make the grass darker/less saturated

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Working on a possible new game, right now working title name is Golden Showers, which won't be the actual name of the game.
I think I will be using the Golden Fall 2 engine, but with Procedural Generation.

This is the dev blog, of this possible game.

First good results of proc gen algorithm:

ClosedEndsWorks.png
ClosedEndsWorks2.png

LostHisMarbles

Learned
The Codex's influence.. i read "Golden" in the thread title, immediately thought "Golden Shower", then who the fuck names a game like that..

Anyway, apologies for the intrusion :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom