Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline GoldenTowns - Obvious scam is obvious, needs help to scam other people

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
Just let me know where I can catch this guy and I will. Free pizzas sound fine.

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
No, no another game. Stick to mine. For the guy who tell me how to spread my referral link over the world I will send some free pizzas.
Seriously I need referrals and have not any idea how to spread that referral link.

Any ideas ?

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
You should start with:
1. Vegetables
When you reach a proper level of development you can start to mine gold.
A gold-farming game where you farm and mine for gold... How meta. Or is that a reference to gold-digging?

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
Danke Bro. I feel honored, really guys!

Anyway, still you have to spread my link over the world to get some pizzas.

Please, guys do it for me.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Just let me know where I can catch this guy and I will. Free pizzas sound fine.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/new-1000-ad.52394/

It's wasn't exactly free for the last guy that fell for it.

That thread provided some lolz and in particular the codex crusade that dragged out for +10 pages.

Danke Bro. I feel honored, really guys!

Anyway, still you have to spread my link over the world to get some pizzas.

Please, guys do it for me.

Just put up your actual address and someone from another continent is guaranteed to phone it in lolz.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
525 players online, 1350 signups today, 9098 actives today, 23058 total account

Seems legit...

ANNO1777 Labs, registered in Suite 15, 1st Floor Oliaji Trade Center, Francis Rachesl Street, Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles

Seychelles, isn't that an offshore tax haven? Probably nothing to worry about. Wait, ANNO1777 Labs, as in 1777 A.D.? Hmm...

http://www.goldentowns.com/terms.php
8.3 The user can ask to transform the currency VIRTUAL GOLD available at a certain moment in time in his personal account in real gold. The request is analyzed by the administrator who is the only one capable or approving or rejecting it.
8.4 The administrator reserves the right to reject any request coming from the user by which he wants to exchange the currency VIRTUAL GOLD in real gold. The administrator is not obliged to provide a specific reason for this decision.

Well, that seems a tad harsh, but a lot of vendors reserve the right to refuse service.

http://www.goldentowns.com/refund.php
If you find a bug in our website, you can report it in the bug tracker and we will fix it as soo as possible. Finding a bug is NOT a reason to request a refund.

So technically I can lose all my gold to a bug and can't complain about it?

http://www.goldentowns.com/refund.php
Refund Policy
Since our company is offering non-tangible irrevocable goods we do not issue refunds after the product is shipped, which you are responsible for understanding upon purchasing. Please make sure that you've carefully read all relevant documentation and tried out the website services. All our sales are final and no refunds will be given. As all of our products are non-tangible, delivered instantly once payment is received it is impossible for you to return a product to use for a refund. If you find a bug in our website, you can report it in the bug tracker and we will fix it as soo as possible. Finding a bug is NOT a reason to request a refund.

Wait, what were they selling again? I thought it was a place to earn money, not spend it...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
shit I was hoping this would be the sequel to bonetown

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
It seems like the company had a previous game ANNO 1777 that had bad PR due to slavery:
http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/end-online-slavery-video
http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-slave-trading-games

Initially, I was skeptical, but then I saw this (check out the image): http://www.anno1777.com/

You can buy and sell everything, including other players. [their emphasis]

:what:

Seems like they couldn't really get rid of that game feature:

http://goldentownsinfo.blogspot.com/2013/11/acquiring-worker-from-game-frund-caution.htmlI've seen quite a few people posting in the forums about being scammed when they've purchased workers whose life span was supposedly 3 years. . .

I do admit it's pretty much a scam alright! There're no cautions or extra explanations when buying workers using gold from the "Game Frund". Seriously, I think they meant "Game Fund"?

After you've bought those supposedly 3 years life span workers from the Game Frund, their life span would be adjusted according to your town's happiness level which determines how long each worker would live. It is downright appalling to purchase a worker which you thought would live for 3 years arrive at your town to only live for a few days (depending on your town's happiness level) when they finally arrive at your town.

I think they meant Game Fraud.

http://www.goldentowns.com/pages/articles/article.php?ID=102
Summary and free advices:
- upgrade initial buildings (the ones that don\'t decay) as much as possible
- if you want to earn gold fast, you\'ll have to invest some money [my emphasis]
- you can earn gold without investing money, but it will take longer, so be patient

http://www.goldentowns.com/pages/articles/article.php?ID=105
if you want to speed up waiting, you\'ll have to invest some money in game. That means, that you can buy energy points and you can instantly build buildings, but you\'ll have to buy that with gold.

And finally, the testimony of a disgruntled customer.

Sorry, Juanhijuan, but this sounds like a free-to-play pay-to-win game. No hard feelings.

Angthoron

Arcane
Hey now, maybe some of those other players you can buy are hot trannies. Sounds like this game could be for Codex after all.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Coyote said:
dogma7 said:
Fuck you. Fuck you all. I hope you die in a fire. I hope dogs piss on your grave. You fucking cunts. You have nothing better to do than troll all day? You no-life assholes, I steal art assets from the rich to give to the poor. I'm like the fucking Robin Hood of strategy games. You retarded little shits.

http://www.new1000ad.com

It's free! Come give it a try.

Best. Advertising. EVER.

:lol: :lol:

I just discovered that thread. Thanks, it's pure gold.

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
Don't worry guys I didn't forget about you I had just business trip. Now, I am back and we can have a discussion here. So let's start it:

Just put up your actual address and someone from another continent is guaranteed to phone it in lolz.

We just need to spend a bit more time together before I trust you enough to make my adress public. No rush this time boy.

Wait, what were they selling again? I thought it was a place to earn money, not spend it...

Just treat it like an investment. There is nothing on that world for free. Just put a little bit of trust on me!

shit I was hoping this would be the sequel to bonetown

Like my grandpa used to say "Hope never dies".

It seems like the company had a previous game ANNO 1777 that had bad PR due to slavery:

That's not even close to be true. The previous game allowed some people to get a lot of money. Was enough to invest like 10-15k euro to the new one.

Hey now, maybe some of those other players you can buy are hot trannies. Sounds like this game could be for Codex after all.

Definitely it is and that's not only about trannies.

Gotta admit I thought Juanhijuan was a douche, but I respect him for that slave-trading game. A true KKKodex bro at heart.

You didn't call me a douche directly but anyway I got the point of your irony. Wasn't fair.

I just discovered that thread. Thanks, it's pure gold.

The pure gold always lies somewhere on the street. You just need to know when should you bend over the ground. Just a tip, don't do it while being in prison.

Better start spaming the Korean SC forums as they love these types of games.

Know any ? Would be useful.

laclongquan

Arcane
Damn! I miss my chance for first page presence even though I follow this shit from the first day.

Ah well.

As for you, old chap. No worry! If you get people around here curious enough they will stalk you, though.

Not that they will try your game, obviously. They are sadists, one and all, not masochists.

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
As for you, old chap. No worry! If you get people around here curious enough they will stalk you, though.

Not that they will try your game, obviously. They are sadists, one and all, not masochists.

That's the reason why I've not put my adress here for the pizza guy. I'd propably get a stalker instead of pizza.

Since our company is offering non-tangible irrevocable goods we do not issue refunds after the product is shipped, which you are responsible for understanding upon purchasing. Please make sure that you've carefully read all relevant documentation and tried out the website services. All our sales are final and no refunds will be given. As all of our products are non-tangible, delivered instantly once payment is received it is impossible for you to return a product to use for a refund. If you find a bug in our website, you can report it in the bug tracker and we will fix it as soo as possible. Finding a bug is NOT a reason to request a refund..

So many countries....I suspect including the US....where that clause has zero authority.

Too many idiots think that sticking a clause in a contract overrides the actual law. It's like putting a sign above your house saying 'the law of murder doesn't apply on this property and by entering my house you nullify all legal rights' - uhuh, putting something in a contract doesn't turn you into parliament.

I remember some clothing firm trying to pull that one in Australia as well. Not only did the clause get struck out - the owner and management responsible were charged with fraud and the company was prosecuted for misleading and deceptive conduct. How? Because by putting that in the contract they were fraudulently deceiving people into thinking that it had legal authority despite the express provisions of the Trade Practices Act.:D

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
That's very common in my country.

Are you from Australia ? I always dreamed about going there but my wife is scared about big spiders. Is it really true that you can meet such "guy" even in your house ?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
That's very common in my country.

Are you from Australia ? I always dreamed about going there but my wife is scared about big spiders. Is it really true that you can meet such "guy" even in your house ?

Who fucking cares?

THAT is NOT a game company - that's just disorganized and dishonest money-plundering.

Congratulations ad plant, you just wasted our precious time with this arrogant shit.

Too many idiots think that sticking a clause in a contract overrides the actual law. It's like putting a sign above your house saying 'the law of murder doesn't apply on this property and by entering my house you nullify all legal rights' - uhuh, putting something in a contract doesn't turn you into parliament.

Exactly. Normally it's great fun to make fun of such cynical cunts, but right now I'd rather say the codex should give no more easy rides.

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
You have some serious problems with your poor life. That's the best you can do just coming and write the post full of hate ?

You shouldn't waste your precious time any longer so just leave that thread. Isn't it simpler ? Don't waste your time to respond on this post. Go and do something else because I can't handle so much hate towards my person.

I thought people understand that's only a game and forum but you treat it too serious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom