Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline GoldenTowns - Obvious scam is obvious, needs help to scam other people

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Either way, the IP pin-points the location as Berlin.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Yeah, but he speaks Portuguese and I also found his nickname on a Brazilian tibia forum so he is definitely Brazilian.

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
Either way, the IP pin-points the location as Berlin.

so, guys ? Any more ideas ?

I think that he is a table tennis player from China who plays in a German Table Tennis League.

Yeah, but he speaks Portuguese and I also found his nickname on a Brazilian tibia forum so he is definitely Brazilian.

Yeah, hard to guess now. As you see the internet is anonymous.

tiagocc0

Arcane

His Polish, however, is quite good. Not your standard google translator fare. I'd wager his Portugese is either false or an additional language. Calling The Brazilian Slaughter for confirmation.
Hmm, I wasn't aware he spoke Polish, what he said was just a small phrase so it might have been google translated.

EDIT: He does have a lot of user profiles on polish sites.

Last edited:

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
The sentence below is true and may suggest you a lot.

I am scientist.

Offtopic:
Yeah, I know that my Portuguese isn't perfect but guys, really google translator ? I am dumb and fool but not someone who uses google translator.

Unwanted

Sycophantic Noob

Andhaira
Andhaira
http://stackoverflow.com/users/2906507/juanhijuan

This confirms his location - Gemany. I bet he's a car thief that went to Berlin to steal. Might have picked up portuguese somewhere along the way.

http://forum.gazeta.pl/forum/w,45731,147987603,147987603,GoldenTowns_graj_i_zarabiaj_pieniadze_.html

Here he is potatoing about his game.

http://haker.com.pl/threads/26022-Kupię-keyloggera

Google translate says he's trying to buy a keylogger here. I guess someone should preemptively ban such a dangerous hacker.

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=84221

Here you can see a copypaste of OP. Dude's probably been doing this for a lot longer than a month.

And now, the best of it all:

http://www.biotech.uni.wroc.pl/studenci/samorzad-studencki/

I'm guessing this is his university, and his e-mail on that site. Michał Górka? Is he in some sort of student council? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
That guy is everywhere. Is he your idol ?

This confirms his location - Gemany. I bet he's a car thief that went to Berlin to steal. Might have picked up portuguese somewhere along the way.

I've never been in Gemany. Where is that ?

That guy becomes legendary.

DarkUnderlord:
Bardzo mi się podoba. Na prawdę fajna społeczność. A Ty jak tam ?

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
He is definitely a potato, a lot of his post about this game are on different Polish forums and he responds there in natural sounding Polish language.

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
He is definitely a potato, a lot of his post about this game are on different Polish forums and he responds there in natural sounding Polish language.

I do not agree.

We all know its true.

Agree. That's the reason why I had to learn Portuguese while being in Brazil.

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
What having to learn Portuguese while being in Brazil has anything to do with the fact that Delterius said that Brazilians doesn't speak Portuguese or English well?

That was only about the part "Brazilians don't speak English well".

Delterius -> you will find my referral link in the first post.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Which is why this guy is an asshole:
726098-funnel-web.jpg

(the spider, I mean - the human's just an idiot)

Is that a funnel spider?

Since I moved here in Mexico I met a few black widows. I wouldn't mind leaving them alone but the word around here is that they are very aggressive and will attack if given the chance, not just to defend itself if its web is disturbed. I read that most black widows are rather timid towards humans despite their dangerous bite and I haven't been able to find out if what I was told about these we have here is true but didn't want to take the chance to test. The official word around here though is to kill it on sight if only to be sure.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I believe in you Mr. Plant.

Fuck these guys. Keep PMing DarkUnderlord as he will probably be more than willing to write up an entire article on this fantastic opportunity- You just need to keep pm'ing him since he is forgetful sometimes.

I am beginning to think this place isnt very nice after all. My opinion of many of you has drastically fallen. The plant is trying to help us out here and all he is getting is shit.

-I for one am angry and disappointed as fuck.

Which is why this guy is an asshole:
726098-funnel-web.jpg

(the spider, I mean - the human's just an idiot)

Is that a funnel spider?

Since I moved here in Mexico I met a few black widows. I wouldn't mind leaving them alone but the word around here is that they are very aggressive and will attack if given the chance, not just to defend itself if its web is disturbed. I read that most black widows are rather timid towards humans despite their dangerous bite and I haven't been able to find out if what I was told about these we have here is true but didn't want to take the chance to test. The official word around here though is to kill it on sight if only to be sure.

Yeah, that's a funnel web. From what I understand there are sub-species outside of Australia, but without the neurotoxin (or a less deadly version of it).

Over here the widow spiders are very very docile. Again, there'd be very few (if any) houses in my state that don't have them, and I've never even heard of someone getting bitten without sticking their toe/finger into the web by accident.

Having said that, the Brazilian ones might be a completely different breed of spider for all I know (ours are essentially the US spider - not exactly the same, but closely related to the point that they'll cross-breed).

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I wouldn't know about the Brazilian widows since I'm closer to the US than Brazil right now. :D

Widows here prefer to stay outside, making their webs in the street or in your garden/patio. They are somewhat common but again people are told to kill them on sight and ask questions later. A biologist, whose opinions and knowledge I tend to respect, from the university of Guadalajara told me that the widows we have here are one of the few animals that will attack just for the heck of it instead of responding to provocation or out of defense like other animals. I really do not know if he's wrong on this or not.

There are stories around here of kids and pets being bitten but kids and pets tend to stick their various body parts where they aren't supposed to. It's rare for adults to get bitten since they are all used to it but I admit I'm always a bit afraid that I might stumble upon one without knowing. People here even recognise them during their molt when they are all white while I'm completely unable to do that.

In before Gragt spends a week in the hospital after being bitten by a black widow.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
In OP I noticed he mentioned a wood factory. First I thought that it was a translation mistake, but it turns out that's what's it called in the game's official website.

Also, the gold mining might be a laborious process.
You need to upgrade your raw materials buildings, housing, roads, then you can start mining for gold.
You can only mine gold if you maintain worker happiness above 50 (this rule has been temporarily disabled, probably to entice more players).
Did I mention you can get raided and occupied by other players who will exact 10% of your production as tribute protection fees?

At the 4:06 mark, you can see the following notice:

Every hour the game fund provides maximum 3 gold for miners. In this page you can see the activity of gold mines all over the world.
In order to extract the godl you need to build a gold mine. Extraction of gold requires resources.
The raw material's quantity to extract one gold is revised each hour and posted in this page.

So that 3 gold (around €20) to be distributed among the 9930 players active today? Or is that among the 25864 total accounts?

The official gold price around $1200/ounce. Using the most recent exchange rates, €1 = $1.35949, so the gold price is €1631.388/ounce.
Since gold is measured in Troy ounces (31.1034768 grams) rather than Avoirdupois ounces (28.3495), that's around €52.45/gram of gold.
On the official website, there's a list of notifications when players sell gold. They usually sell 1 or 2 units.

The current in-game exchange rate is €6.5 per gold unit, so using €52.45/gram of real gold, an in-game gold unit is worth around 0.124 grams of gold.

The game is a town construction, political and military simulator in wich virtual gold can be exchanged for real cash or for real 24k gold.

So will ANNO1777 send players a speck of gold? I wonder if players have to pay the shipping cost...

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So how does it make money for the game makers, cash shop? Advertising? Selling souls sucked out of players to the nether realms?

tiagocc0

Arcane
Make other players pay so you get a % from it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom