Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline GoldenTowns - Obvious scam is obvious, needs help to scam other people

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
i saw ads of Sean Connery modelling Louis Vuitton handbags. it made me sad.

LE1aTWt.jpg

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Retardo(1), or not Retardo(2)? This is the question, so let's find out.

EDIT: Nope, not yet.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Don't retardo, there's still potential in this thread. Join us and let's watch together the slow decay of Juan into the depths of madness

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
Personally I hope we have some of the assholes and stalkers from other threads just call the police on our friend Michał Górka, or tell it to all of his classmates. The drama should be great fun.

Is Andhaira still among us? We should... release him.

Unwanted

Sycophantic Noob

Andhaira
Andhaira
Personally I hope we have some of the assholes and stalkers from other threads just call the police on our friend Michał Górka, or tell it to all of his classmates. The drama should be great fun.

Andhaira made a rather good interview recently. Definite :incline:

Delterius

Arcane
So, I went and asked Clever Bot for an answer on this game.

Me: Do you think that Golden Towns is a scam?
Cleverbot: *blushes* Yes!

Either Skynet wants to marry me or it actually runs Cleverbot.

Still sounds legit.

Juanhijuan

Plant
Advertising plant
Don't retardo, there's still potential in this thread. Join us and let's watch together the slow decay of Juan into the depts of madness

I already went to the cave and I won't go out until this thread will be forgotten.

I didn't expect so much hate towards my person from the Codex family. So, you forced me to stop posting on this forum.

Yours, a little depressed
Advertising plant

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
So how does it make money for the game makers, cash shop? Advertising? Selling souls sucked out of players to the nether realms?
From the OP:

It’s not suggested by me but you can buy some to make your development a bit faster. Of course you can play this game without buying gold and enjoy it exactly the same. Anyway, it really takes a while to get a nice level and start to mine the gold so if you are not a patient guy buy some gold and invest it properly.

At the 5:02 mark in the video above, you can see that you can buy gold in order to trade for resources and upgrade your structures, hire workers, etc. Plus players can also buy energy for cash, too.

The catch is that players paid €4/gold unit from the company but sold it for €3/gold unit (the exchange rate was different back then).

You can write a review of the game of the game in English and earn 0.1 gold (€0.60 in today's exchange rate or) or 0.05 gold if the review is in another language.

Did I mention buildings and roads can degrade over time, so you have to sink in resources constantly to run them? And other players can raid your town?

Dr Tomo

Learned

Surprised that this thread is pretty tame compared to the 1000 A.D one.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Does this means that "he" is going to create a new alt and a new thread for every shit flash scam game out there?
:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom