Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Doom/Heretic/Hexen WADs

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by AngryEddy, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    Currently replaying the fantastic Good Morning Phobos. Adonis Escape from Urania and Sigil are next on the list.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • thumbs down thumbs down x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. BLOBERT Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

BLOBERT
    BRO I PLAY 20B WITH PROJECT BRUTALITY AND NONE OF THE UPDATES SINCE THEN MAKE ME WANT TO UPGRADE

• decline decline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    BLOBRO YOU STILL AROUND?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. A_boring_GOG_bot Scholar

A_boring_GOG_bot
    Comnbine Adonis Escape from Urania with Guncaster Vindicated . :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. BLOBERT Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

BLOBERT
    BRO I AM STILL AROUND

BRO MY LIFE IS CRAZY AS FUCK BUT I FEEL LIKE I AM IN OFFICE SPACE

I AM FUCKING CHILL QND UPPER MANAGEMENT MATERIAL

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Kutulu Magister Patron

Kutulu
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Played the first Episode + the first level of the second episode of Blade of Agony.

Its brilliant, yeah it aint classic doom or wolfenstein its way closer in playstyle to RTCW but its brilliant.
    Theres like 15 Weapons, actual Stealth missions, multiple objectives per map, secrets etc
    If you have ANY sense for exploration & dont play on babby skill levels its also 10+ hours of fun.

https://boa.realm667.com/

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I've been casually idling through Final Doom: TNT Evilution on an older version of Brutal Doom (Brutal Doom v21b).

Maybe it's because of Brutal Doom, but it looks to me that the Wad could use a do-over. I'm seeing scenery half-placed into the walls, and sometimes even pushed beyond them.

I could also just suck at this, but I've been through maps where I could not find some of the secrets for the life of me, even while using cheats.

Fun Wad though, I still like how it emphasizes the smaller critters instead of the bigger ones.

^ Top  
  10. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    That's odd, I don't remember this being a thing. It must be a new addition. Doesn't that mod have lots toggeable options? There should be something to remove that.
    Also: Modders gonna mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    [​IMG]

• Salute Salute x 3
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    The real question is why does a camera have speakers?

^ Top  
  13. Modron Arcane

Modron
    Because that is capable of capturing video? You can clearly see a record button...

• Yes Yes x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    The Doom Tribute Project

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/doomtrib

A really well made reinterpretation of Doom 1 (original 3 episodes without Thy Flesh Consumed) and Doom 2 combined in one huge pack. Due to the customized weapons and new enemies, I've played it without any gameplay enhancements. Because there is a lot of new monsters created by the community, a really nasty ones to be sure and with the new ambushes/traps it can result in our quick death. Luckily, there are some weapons added, like two pistol combo, or the railgun which is really great for crowd control during the bigger battles. Vanilla weapons feel different, probably from some brutal doom version. Alando1, who is the author of this wad, made the Doom 2 parts actually looking, like it is taking place on Earth. The levels are more organic and less abstract, and sometimes we got two maps merged together. There are some new textures and other stuff that wasn't seen in the original versions. When it comes to difficulty, it's surprisingly balanced for most of the time. The new traps, enemies placement might surprise you, but for a seasoned player it will be a great refreshing replay of both games. I think it's best played solo, because in co-op it would be too easy.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
  16. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. JBro Savant

JBro
    SOMEBODY UPLOAD THEIR SIGIL WAD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Kutulu Magister Patron

Kutulu
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Anyone ever tried some ultra hard combination?
    I soloed HR2 on UV with: Complex Doom & Legendary Creature Addon, that was really fun but also frustrating
    as fuck cuz this goes beyond anything thats doable with just skill....

I mean you fight semi-immortal*, flying, golden spider masterminds that shoot multiple full-auto bfgs...

Is there some bestiary, difficulty addon thats not as crazy?

*takes like 20-30 BFG shots to kill

^ Top  
  19. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Bethesda's spotlight of Winter's Fury: https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/4Szknt8NWodiVvVKETpAW5/nods-to-mods-winters-fury

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en...ArTmtX/an-interview-with-winter's-fury-modder

The stream:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    I'll pass and wait for Project Brutality 3.0
    BTW. finished both Ashes 2063 and Dead Man Walking DLC, finger lickin' good WAD.

^ Top  
  22. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Some Codexers mentioned P. B. is not worth it. Failing that, there's Guncaster Vindicated and Johnny Doom:

^ Top  
  23. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Bug in Brutal Doom: If you activate the night vision scope on the Rocket Launcher, then Taunt, Doomguy will unzoom from the scope but retain the night vision. This lasts until Doomguy switches weapons.

Exploit in Brutal Doom: If you Use the corpses of friendly marines, you can often resurrect them. This works almost all the time on Blue Marines (Plasma Gun) and Red Marines (Minigun), sometimes on Grey Marines (Shotgun) but never on Green Marines (Assault Rifle).

Bug in Brutal Doom: The Evil Marine critter uses a monster slot that many other mods use for custom monsters. Most noticeably the Secret Boss in MAP32 in the "Doom 2 the Way iD Did"-wad is replaced by an Evil Marine, which not only makes the whole level a breeze, but börks the game as the death of the Secret Boss is supposed to trigger the end of the level.

As I have no means of contacting Sgt Mark IV maybe some Codexer could forward the above to him somehow.

As for the Gold release, I've yet to come across the Revolver in it during normal gameplay, but it has been updated. In normal fire mode it uses shotgun shells and functions like a sawed-off shotgun, doing great damage at extremely close range, but barely any damage past that. It also has an alternate fire mode where it uses standard bullets instead and functions much more like a standard revolver, but not enough to justify its presence.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Ezeekiel Arbiter

Ezeekiel
    The revival mechanic is there intentionally, iirc.
    My memory is fuzzy, but the reason it doesn't always work is because at least one damage type may cause a final death, so to speak... Bullets, probably?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 3
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)