Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Trash, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    Ah, MandaloreGaming. I remember him from the ME2 "Assuming Direct Control" meme days.

^ Top  
  2. Grotesque ±¼ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. M0RBUS Augur

M0RBUS
    That's definitely one game that doesn't need a character creation guide. It's really simple, you just need to read what each thing does and play around with it.
    I think they did a pretty good job with the system, even though I would have liked it if it weren't so easy to create dumpstats. But it's not a flaw, it's just a quirk of the system, I guess. It's not like there's any one stat that's universally useless (I'm looking at you Wasteland 2) and they're pretty balanced, all things considered.
    I also liked that they "detect" what kind of character you're building based on the stats you have. I don't know how they do it, yet, but I like it.

^ Top  
  4. 1451 Seeker In My Safe Space

Rocket Jump Ninja

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. YES! Hi, I'm Roqua Dumbfuck

YES!
    The best gaming channel is you playing a fucking game yourself like a normal person.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Old Old x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges

I like this guy, he does a lot of Subnautica, flight sims and other games that sort of interest me.

• decline decline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    I saw Grim Beard couple of years back with his Nocturne review and while he may not be everyone's cup of tea, he probably deserves about ten times more subscribers than he has.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. pippin Guest

pippin
    I remember Nocturne, they used to hype it somewhat but it never seemed to go anywhere.

^ Top  
  9. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Anyone here have any tips on a channel that does ironman runs of turn-based tactics games like JA2, X-com and the likes? I welcome any tips. I have probably seen most already, but I guess I could get lucky with some small obscure channel :)
    One more criteria though, it's can't be an obnoxious radio-voice douche bag Youtuber!

^ Top  
  10. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Quickmind01/playlists

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Thane Solus Arcane

Thane Solus

• Funny Funny x 3
    • meh meh x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Thanks, been a subscriber of his for a long time though :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    TL;DR version: Microtransactions and DLC have a shorter lead time, greater RoI and provide a steady income in between traditional development cycles. The mobile market showed early on that people will buy them en masse, so the publishers will keep using this business model. Costs have remained steady or even declined in most cases, especially due to digital distribution.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    ^ Top  
  14. polo Liturgist

polo
    Damn you Farmville, you unleashed a monster:argh:

^ Top  
  15. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    One of the more amusing things about him is he refusal to acknowledge the thing with his eyebrows. He's answered questions about them and replied acting all puzzled.

^ Top  
  16. Skall Learned

Skall

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • nice nice x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. newtmonkey Arcane

newtmonkey
    The Spectrum Show!

Never owned a ZX Spectrum, but this channel is fascinating. I often put this this on in the background while working. Guy seems like he knows what he's talking about, covers everything from news to hardware and software, has a pleasant voice, and loves the fuck out of the Spectrum haha. I really like the format he has settled on from the second or so series on, with a dedicated news section, reviews of classic then new games, a hardware special, etc.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Fluent Arcane Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    I have a Hardcore Ironman "blind" run of Lords of Xulima. I generally LP RPGs on their hardest difficulty levels, etc.. Don't play many strategy games, though, but also have a D&D: Tactics & Temple of Elemental Evil LP somewhere on there as well. Currently doing BG:EET + SCS on Hard.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. IncendiaryDevice Self-Ejected Village Idiot

Self-Ejected
    I'm guessing you've done and dusted Christopherodd?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    https://www.youtube.com/user/martindzurenko/playlists
    He played XPirateZ, Final Mod pack for XCom and Terror from the Deep and finished it while he researched everything in the game, and survived.
    He got some series like X-Com Hawaii Challenge but it ended quickly...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Yes, been watching him, but I find him too good/lucky. I'm in for the action, the losses, the drama! But he produce some nice stuff.

Yeah, I know Meridian. Started to follow him through the OpenXcom forum. He has good content.

I will put a recommendation myself:

Plumps playthrough of JA2. Unfortunately he did not finish the game, but have always found this LP funny. He create these small narratives within the gameplay, bit like a story teller of some sorts. He is not the best (not bad either though) at the game so expect losses :)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    Slitherine Games have pretty good channel where they shill their own games.
    Still it gives pretty good info about those.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Ocelot Learned

Ocelot
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)