Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Cuz you were born in 2010.

How the hell does that even work as an insult? I just can't fathom 9 year olds wanting to bother with a site for CPRG grognards. You can do far better than that.
Because no none retarded child would waste their time watching these shitty nerd youtube channels. I admit that getting any understanding on that from rpgcodex is unlikely but that's your problem.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I found her a couple of weeks ago and it was a joy to go through her stuff. It reminds me of BG scene from the early and mid-2000s when people were actually passionate about BG and it wasn't a total sausage fest. Most of her videos are let's plays and text-based guides but check out her Opinion Pieces playlist. She has a really good one about Siege of Dragonspear controversy.

Neanderthal

Arcane

I found her a couple of weeks ago and it was a joy to go through her stuff. It reminds me of BG scene from the early and mid-2000s when people were actually passionate about BG and it wasn't a total sausage fest. Most of her videos are let's plays and text-based guides but check out her Opinion Pieces playlist. She has a really good one about Siege of Dragonspear controversy.

Yeah she's fairly monocled and level headed.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Michael Snow. I wish he made more game-centric videos, though. And wasn't fascinated by Oblivion so much. Then again he really likes Twin Peaks so I guess it balances out?

Astral Rag

Arcane

Grimbeard keeps on bringing the incline. I don't use Patreon but I bought all his music on Bandcamp to support the man. I hope he stays productive on both fronts for a good long time still.
:greatjob:

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He got some really funny and well produced reviews.

Gonna ask if you guys know anymore dos, amiga reviewers? Maybe some obscure ones that haven't been posted yet.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Not even him. He is far more in love with himself than he deserves to be. Also 22 minutes is too long. Especially for such a mindless junk game.

deama

Prophet
Not even him. He is far more in love with himself than he deserves to be. Also 22 minutes is too long. Especially for such a mindless junk game.
So what's the best youtube channel you can recommend?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I don't have any gaming ones, I only have subscriptions to various non gaming things. I have some really great music channels that upload albums, interviews, live shows, etc. Mostly I just read my recommended stuff which finds political stuff that interests me, and music things, one or two gaming things sometimes show up in there. For news and reviews of games I still prefer to read a couple of paragraphs and get a score. If I want to know more about a specific game, I will find some random person doing a lets play or whatever. But next time I look up some other game it will be some other person.

I don't like to watch people play games, I just decide if I want it or not. If I don't, I never want to see it again. If I do, I'll get it and play it myself. I would watch a channel if it was only focused on stuff I was interested in but I can't imagine how that is possible from one person. Also it would have to be really good and concise, but I have seen a lot of the game streamers and they are all seem childish and annoying to me. And the ones who aren't childish or annoying, are nerdy and boring. Also all of them talk too much about things. They also play a lot of shit I'm not interested in. And they also seem to be so fixed in one niche. So I once enjoyed a video of one nerdy guy who talked about some ancient game like Duke3d or something, so I subscribed to him, but when I looked through all his other videos and I am not interested in any of them and I realise he is a total nerd. Or I see some young hip guy playing a more modern and commercial game, but if I look at his stuff he will also be playing mindless Call of Duty shit and whatever is being talked about at the moment. So they are either super nerdy neckbeard desperately hipster types, or they are SUPPP GUYS SUPER POSITIVE GUY HERE, EVEYRYTHING IS EXCITING AND AWESOME, BATTLEFIELD 9, ELDER SCROLLS, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, FORTNITE, COOL STUFF IS COOL AND I LOVE IT.

Last edited:

Silentstorm

Learned
Curious to see if anyone knows about any Youtuber that has good retrospectives on CRPG's, or has done some on series like Wizardry and Might And Magic.

Also, Civvie did a new video about an awful DOS FPS:

How the hell did i not hear about that game before!?

Silentstorm

Learned
While i wish he would go more in-depth over the differences, Retro Core has a long running series about ports, first showing the original, talking about it and then going over the ports to compare, latest video was about Shadow Of The Beast, and damn, the difference between the Amiga and Atari ST versions was quite big!

Also, didn't know there were two different versions for the Genesis/Mega Drive, i do recall playing the first version though and not liking it that much.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
For reviews, I enjoy Worth A Buy. Mack gives no-bullshit reviews. He spends the money and plays the shitty games so you don't have to. His picks are usually decent. He doesn't play many RPGs though.

Silentstorm

Learned
One very focused gaming channels is ICARUSLIV3S, a channel pretty much dedicated to classic DOOM, or to be more accurate, the mods, the guy makes a review of various mods and from time to time puts some large Twitch streams on Youtube and well, it's always fascinating how old games can have such dedicated and creative modders...which is why the latest video is about a Star Trek mod:

Silentstorm

Learned
Civvie 11 has done yet another video, this time on the Blood remaster, and since he loves Blood and the developer put a reference to him in an achievement, you can probably guess where this is going...he is dissapointed with the port, doesn't recommend it at all and tells people to wait for it to get patched or just play one of the old source ports:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom