Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
How shit though?

As a game it's not the worst, if you can get it for dirt cheap and wish to burn a few dozen hours, go for it. It's an established piece of Codexian culture after all, that alone should warrant a playthrough imho. Just be prepared for a so-so story, mediocre writing and somewhat bland characters, with a few happy exceptions.

If you just want a good game in the spirit of the old IE games, go with PF: Kingmaker, I can't recommend it enough. There's also a pretty decent turn-based combat mod on the Nexus that works with no hiccups. Although you need to somewhat police yourself, since it allows a couple of illegal actions, like moving after a charge. In case you end up getting it, I also suggest grabbing cheat engine for its speedhack feature.
Installato enhanced edition e suddetto mod una settimana fa. Vivo ormai in uno stato di priapismo, erezione perpetua.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I take back everything I said about Youtube channels being worthless! That Smack Talk guy is a treasure. Shame he doesn't do many videos.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Guy annoyed me off the bat. Game is perfect. Zero need for mods. I've never played the game whatsoever with any stupid ass fan patches or mods, and I've been playing this game since I was 10 years old. Fuck anyone who wants to mess with a perfect game.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Although I've never understood the pleasure in watching another person play a game, I recently stumbled upon this gentleman here, playing dwarf fortress:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaifrB5IrvGNPJmPeVOcqBA

The guy does a number of drawings (both on paper and 8-bit art) and customized 8-bit intros consisting of small clips + synth music, to illustrate his playthroughs, which are usually themed around some crazy project like: under/above water forts, full vampire population and river-taming just to name a few. Nothing a DF veteran wouldn't have tried by himself, but since the episodes are rich in illustrations and heavily abridged, they make for a nice 20 minutes show.

Edit: Short forts intro:

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Could only watch the first 2 minutes because of his voice, but I agree with him and wish him well.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Rob Ager. He mainly covers movies but occasionally does video game analysis. All meta, make ya think stuff. Smoke a bowl or drink a beer and enjoy.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Been obsessed with Hitman 2 lately and have much enjoyed watching "CJ" play the game. After I do pretty much everything in a level I watch his speedruns of them and they're pretty fun. He gives good commentary and has good strats. Here's my fave, a run through of the whole 2016 game:

Puukko

Arcane
I wish LGR did retro game reviews still. The channel peaked in 2014 and I used to watch all new videos as they came out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom