Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 2 vs Gothic 3

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Gothic 3 vs Skyrim, which is worse and why? :lol:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Gothic 3. I never thought I would be called upon to think of a game worse than Skyrim, never even thought it would be possible, but it is. Gothic 3. They are the same inane open world crap but Gothic only has 1 class and it plays bad. Skyrim has many classes that all play bad, therefore it wins on quantity alone. It is a close call though because at least Gothic 3 isn't full of stupid NPC's babbling in that ridiculous Scandinavian accent.

Morkar Left

Gothic 3. I never thought I would be called upon to think of a game worse than Skyrim, never even thought it would be possible, but it is. Gothic 3. They are the same inane open world crap but Gothic only has 1 class and it plays bad. Skyrim has many classes that all play bad, therefore it wins on quantity alone. It is a close call though because at least Gothic 3 isn't full of stupid NPC's babbling in that ridiculous Scandinavian accent.

Are you on dope? At least have the decency to mention Oblivion...

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

Are you on dope? At least have the decency to mention Oblivion...
How is Oblivion relevant to a Skyrim vs Gothic 3 question? Also you are from Germany, your opinion on this is never not going to be biased.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
They are the same inane open world crap but Gothic only has 1 class and it plays bad
It's a classless system retard. Gothic has its faults but your complaints are stupid.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
They are the same inane open world crap but Gothic only has 1 class and it plays bad
It's a classless system retard. Gothic has its faults but your complaints are stupid.
Classless or not, there is only one build because there isn't content for anything else. Sure you can spend 1000 hours travelling the world to get enough mana regen to cast your 1 mage spell, but that doesn't make you a mage.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
True. There are some things Skyrim does better, but Gothic 3 is the better game overall.

MrMarbles

Cipher
lets not kid ourselves here, in the long run Skyrim is better than Oblivion and Gothic 3.

I figured it was the other way around. The first hour of Skyrim is awesome, then after a while it starts to dawn on you that it is a hiking simulator with almost no depth. The first hour of G3 was painful, but after a while you start to get a feel for it.

Development of combat and magic skills is far superior in G3. That may be part of the lack of appeal, so much of the good stuff in G3 is gated behind hours of gameplay, while Skyrim jizzes the full experience in your face from the get-go. Skyrim does beat Oblivion, no argument there.

sullynathan

Arcane
lets not kid ourselves here, in the long run Skyrim is better than Oblivion and Gothic 3.

I figured it was the other way around. The first hour of Skyrim is awesome, then after a while it starts to dawn on you that it is a hiking simulator with almost no depth. The first hour of G3 was painful, but after a while you start to get a feel for it.

Development of combat and magic skills is far superior in G3. That may be part of the lack of appeal, so much of the good stuff in G3 is gated behind hours of gameplay, while Skyrim jizzes the full experience in your face from the get-go. Skyrim does beat Oblivion, no argument there.
I don't think so. Gothic 3's quests are all the same which is a huge disappointment, even though the town liberation thing is cool, it gets to be too much and no longer fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom