Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V FIVE Thread

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So here I am, nearing the end of the game. And I am faced with a dilemma. To do 100% or not doing 100% ?

Checked Gamefaqs on the sidequests I have left to do. It looks like the only ones that are left to be done are absolutely impossible without following a guide, and that is insanely stupid. I'm talking about the letter scraps, the radioactive thing, and the "go under bridges" one. Jesus, who can complete that without a guide? Are there ingame hints about the location of the letters that I have missed ?

Whiner

Augur
If there was a PC version now they would have sold at least 40 million.After half a year the hype will be dead and they will blame piracy again.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Well, the game is worth it. In other news it also seems to bring out the Social Justice Warrior in every other gaming 'journalist.' It almost seems mandatory now for many to specifically mention how 'horrible' the characters are or how the actions they perform create a strong dissonance for their immersion. Not just in GTA articles but also in reviews and articles that have nothing to do with the game. Fucking hell. The horridness of the characters is bullshit. They are hardened criminals. WTF do you expect? Michael gets called a narcissistic psychopath by his shrink at every turn and that kinda flies by the journalists? Trevor is a hilariously insane nut. The guy is a clown of the It variety and to everyone wanting to relate to that I want to keep a mile away. Franklin has been a gangster on the street since his childhood. The guy seems the most sane but has absolutely no remorse or even feelings over the shit he does. Ice cold sociopath. Dissonance between the character development and their actions? Gimme a break. Michael even specifically speaks often about how he seems to be one guy one moment and another one who murders and maims the second. Basically when the player takes controll. Hilarious. Trevor is probably less of an insane twat when the player takes over and Franklin's mind is either on getting stoned or watching some ass no matter what he does. Compared to Nicco who would constantly cry about the horrors of war when he wasn't busy decimating the pedestrian population of Liberty City these characters are remarkably consistent.

Caim

Arcane
tumblr_mtzr7niRiZ1qgh75xo1_1280.jpg

Jaqen H'ghar

Barely Literate
I purchased this game on release and don't regret it. I'm still having fun, so worth every damn cent afaic.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm actually looking forward to this coming out on PC and I might actually buy it as soon as it does...is there something wrong with me?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm actually looking forward to this coming out on PC and I might actually buy it as soon as it does...is there something wrong with me?
Nothing. I somehow missing the over the top style of GTA:SA. Nico is a simply person with aggression problems. CJ had a style. While he killed people left and right, it wasn't because of an aggression problem.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nothing. I somehow missing the over the top style of GTA:SA. Nico is a simply person with aggression problems. CJ had a style. While he killed people left and right, it wasn't because of an aggression problem.
I realized I didn't give a shit about Nico when at the end of a mission the game gave me a choice to kill or not kill someone, and Nico acted like he was really reluctant to do so, and I had probably killed 10 people just on the way to the mission.

Caim

Arcane
I realized I didn't give a shit about Nico when at the end of a mission the game gave me a choice to kill or not kill someone, and Nico acted like he was really reluctant to do so, and I had probably killed 10 people just on the way to the mission.
Niko: KILLING PEOPLE EES HORRIBLE!
*drives car over walkway, killing fifteen pedestrians*

Welcome to GTA IV.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Niko: KILLING PEOPLE EES HORRIBLE!
*drives car over walkway, killing fifteen pedestrians*

When did he said that? I'm just after first Dimitry problems. However his mussing about what he did in war were horrible.

However, the psycho black with lot of smokes is memorable. And the radio is kickass. Cabaret is great. And these videos are nicelly capturing liberal ideals, I seen it in parliament every working day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom