Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Ivan

Arcane
I remember getting kind of annoyed with some of the banter in the previous games, but it hasn't really happened in GTA V save for Lamar who needs to die in a fire.

WUUUUUUUUUH? Lamar's the funniest npc in the game!

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
“You agree not to: reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part”.
This part has been in standard gaming licences long time. It's a standard lawyer form to ensure all rights given by copyright, and nobody bothered to modify it to be different for each game.

So, someone decided to actually read it?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Rockstar Banning Single Player Mods In Grand Theft Auto V PC

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So not only are they trying to play single player with mods, but Rockstar is telling people how they can play their game?

Steam is such a pile of shit. I encourage everyone and anyone to pirate this piece of shit developer.

SoupNazi

DragoFireheart taking random non-cited articles at face value

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's a fun game, but once and only once. This is the one GTA I can honestly say I never want to re-play.
Wait what? You want to replay GTA IV? I never even managed to finish that turd ONCE! It was the first time I actually realized that there is something like "too long" for a game. The protagonist was despicable, the constant bowling harassment was annoying, there was nothing aside from my misguided OCD that could kept my hooked.

Not enough for this one...

HEY COUSIN LET'S GO BOWLING

Actually I never finished IV either, that's why I can't really comment on its replay

value. But maybe more people thought it was too long, that's why V is ridiculously short. As in Call of Doody short. But yeah the characters were not that great, especially Niko.

Not to mention the radio stations in IV are pretty boring, at least they've improved them again in V. The best one is still Chatterbox from GTA III though.

Absolutely Lazlow. KILLER BEES!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
the writing is only a few lines away from being Carth Onasi.
Agreed. Carth Onasi was the first thing I thought of when Trevor was scraping bits of the biker guy's brains from his boots, or when Michael sent an entire house tumbling down from a hill because he was so fucking pissed, or when Franklin... uh... Franklin... stole cars and murdered hundreds of people without ever sparing a single thought on the misery of other people, or something. These guys might be serial losers, but they're fun to play as and they get what the GTA series is all about.

Remember when Carth said: "Yeah, I saw her on the end of this penis here"?

Good times.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's a fun game, but once and only once. This is the one GTA I can honestly say I never want to re-play.
Wait what? You want to replay GTA IV? I never even managed to finish that turd ONCE! It was the first time I actually realized that there is something like "too long" for a game. The protagonist was despicable, the constant bowling harassment was annoying, there was nothing aside from my misguided OCD that could kept my hooked.

Not enough for this one...

Actually I never finished IV either, that's why I can't really comment on its replay

value. But maybe more people thought it was too long, that's why V is ridiculously short. As in Call of Doody short. But yeah the characters were not that great, especially Niko.

Not to mention the radio stations in IV are pretty boring, at least they've improved them again in V. The best one is still Chatterbox from GTA III though.

Absolutely Lazlow. KILLER BEES!
Call of Duty short? I've got 29 hours in the game, and it's mostly doing missions.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Now that I've finally gotten this game on PC I have to say I'm just plain impressed with the performance. I'm running relatively old rig that wasn't much of a top of the line (except maybe for CPU when it was released in last decade)

i7 950 @ 3.09 boosting to 3.3ghz
560ti Factory OC at 1GB
12GB DDR3

After fiddling around game runs at very playable FPS with Textures, Shaders, Shadows on Very High, pop density maxed and rest toggled On or High along with 2xMSAA (because fuck you FXAA). The in game memory thing says I'm at 2287/1023 mb usage yet there's no stuttering at all typically related to going overboard with RAM or VRAM

Plain impressive.

The in game memory thing says I'm at 2287/1023 mb usage yet there's no stuttering at all typically related to going overboard with RAM or VRAM

Plain impressive.

Interesting, I get stuttering after playing for a while if I exceed my 2047 mb limit by at least 200.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
The in game memory thing says I'm at 2287/1023 mb usage yet there's no stuttering at all typically related to going overboard with RAM or VRAM

Plain impressive.

Interesting, I get stuttering after playing for a while if I exceed my 2047 mb limit by at least 200.

How much RAM do you have? I was running with 8gb at first and it stuttered after awhile but after adding my 2 other blocks for 12gb total it stopped. There's also speculation that if you alt tab out it clears things up. I play on Windowed Borderless and whenever I tab out and back in hangs at around 10-15fps for 30 seconds or so as if reloading everything after which it's back up and smooth.

Last edited:
How much RAM do you have? I was running with 8gb at first and it stuttered after awhile but after adding my 2 other blocks for 12gb total it stopped. There's also speculation that if you alt tab out it clears things up. I play on Windowed Borderless and whenever I tab out and back in hangs at around 10-15fps for 30 seconds or so as if reloading everything after which it's back up and smooth.

Yeah I have 8gb. I play on Borderless too so I wouldn't have to use V Sync. Lack of triple buffering in this game is annoying and a soft I use to add it to games (RadeonPro) doesn't work with this.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron

Yeah I have 8gb. I play on Borderless too so I wouldn't have to use V Sync. Lack of triple buffering in this game is annoying and a soft I use to add it to games (RadeonPro) doesn't work with this.

Maybe it's because of the RAM then. Though I can't really say since I'm not that technically apt. All I know is that at least seemingly my GPU seems to offload data from VRAM to RAM rather efficiently or something :p

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've got everything maxxed out except MSAA@1920x1200 (2x) The maximum system RAM usage I've seen while running GTAV was 5,5/12GB. And that's with background stuff running (3GB VRAM).

Astral Rag

Arcane
whaaaaat-40fta1.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-mod-recreates-the-pedestrian-riot-cheat/
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-gta-5-mods/

Cool to see that GTA V modding is already taking off, too bad R* is being vague about what's allowed and what might get you banned.

edit: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05...mods-get-seal-of-approval-from-rockstar-games

:incline:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom