Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

darthaegis

Cipher
Holy shit. Rockstar put GTA5 on 25% sale on Steam, but added GTA Online money. Result: GTA5 + Online moneys is 56,23€ and GTA5 alone is not even on sale lol.
But the best part:
bErzfLG.png

With San Andreas, this shit is even cheaper. :lol:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Anybody found a mod that actually makes the motorcyles sound like fucking real motorcycles?

Like the harleys with good sound and pipes?

Astral Rag

Arcane
Downloading this game from R* is still a MASSIVE pain.
Download speeds are better now:
144doqsi.png

but the download still stops every 30 5 minutes or so:

2jdpdf.png

"The Rockstar update service is unavailable"
you-dont-say.jpg

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246
144dddx7suo.png

Oh and apparently there are no cloud saves for SP :negative:

edit:

Sometimes the error screen is empty...

rqsfssssssmnrga.png

very informative.

If only R* had the money to improve their DL service.

edit2: In the end I used Cyberghost to give myself an :kwafuckyeah: IP, after that the POS R* GTA Downloader downloaded the remaining 30+ GB without a hitch albeit at lower speeds. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
If it's good enough for Makabb, it's good enough for me.

The most anticipated "Grand Theft Auto 6" release will more likely happen in 2018 and is expected to feature the super couple Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes as the lead.

Previous reports claimed that Gosling will be featured as the lead protagonist, along with a new female character. Rumor has it that the star will be joined by his partner Mendes, as the new female character, according to Realty Today.

The upcoming "GTA 6" will be connected to "Red Dead Redemption," series, as the lead protagonist character will reportedly be the descendant of John Marston, the lead character in "Red Dead Redemption" series. As for the female character, the rumor mills are yet to churn out any reports.

The long-rumored game's location is speculated to be in the U.S., as Rockstar was alleged mapping the entire United States for the title. However, Middle East location is also in the cards, as "GTA 6" is expected to have terrorists as the main antagonists, Crossmap reported.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/42396...yan-gosling-eva-mendes-lead.htm#ixzz3es1Ansyv

There are some serious potential problems with that approach, but I have faith in Rockstar to deliver something good.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Just bought it, how can I join the Codex crew? Well, if anyone still plays the game :D

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
Just bought it, how can I join the Codex crew? Well, if anyone still plays the game :D
Well there's me, I just started as well. Not sure how to join the Codex crew but maybe we can try a heist or two together.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
just purchased it as well. tried several pirate packs and either couldnt get them to run or bugged out so i gave up and bought it, licking my wounds with the consolation of sanctioned mods and multiplayer.

Astral Rag

Arcane
I'm glad for you but I'm getting massive frame rate drops while driving. I would revert back to 350.1 if I could (I don't play MP).

Last edited:

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
According to some modders, it's due to Rockstar's efforts to make modding harder.
...In the latest update for GTA V, Ill Gotten Gains Part 2, Rockstar Games strengthened their protections against modding introduced in the first update. Included in this was a whopping 3 MB of junk code designed to confuse modders. Instead of the native functions of the game being accessible directly - we now have to jump through 4 or 5 hoops each time, as the game also implements live decryption and obfuscation methods. This severely impacts performance, resulting in gameplay at 3 frames per second - even on some of the strongest PC systems available today....
The 3 frames per second, is when trying to run the mod, but it still impacts unmodded gameplay as well. Just not as drastically.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
So, after playing for a while I started noticing something weird, something like a blur, especially when driving near trees/shrubs with sky in the background. It seemed like a mild 3D effect (red and green blur) but maybe I was just imagining things. Either way I tried different options in nvidia panel (I thought that this shit appeared after I started using the panel) but with no result. Then I accidentally captured that shit in a screenshot (1 pixel wide red/green lines around character heads on white background) :

N5YgmFF.jpg

Well, turns out that idiocy is called chromatic aberration and GTA V has this "feature". Even better, I had to use custom gamefiles to disable it (VisualV, removes aberration and greatly improves the colours/look of the game imho) and now I cannot play online with this installation (at least without risking a ban). Seriously, I can understand DOF or bloom but this is most retarded graphics gimmick I've ever seen (especially for one that is a pain in the ass to detect and get rid of).

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner
I wanted to play it this weekend, but this latest patch botched performance in ways I cannot accept.

May this be a reminder to resume pirating stuff instead of buying it, unless I want to be subject to these retarded developers.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
just purchased it as well. tried several pirate packs and either couldnt get them to run or bugged out so i gave up and bought it, licking my wounds with the consolation of sanctioned mods and multiplayer.
Reliable group runs flawlessly on my PC.

Cadmus

Arcane
GTA V looks so unappealing to me. I've done this "drive around and do whatever" for 3 games already and now there's not even the atmosphere to back it up.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Have you actually played it? The attention to detail in every freaking corner of the map is fucking amazing. Of course that doesn't make it a good game, but saying that there is no atmosphere to back it up is straight BS.
A'ight, you ain't no nigga in early 90's or some Italian thug in '80s Miami, but still game has a lot to offer. Missions are actually better than GTA IV and some of the characters are really well done. Personally I had a lot of fun while playing this game on PC. People crying that it's "not the same GTA anymore" while not trying it at all are bunch of fucking retards.

One thing I don't like is driving model. GTA IV nailed it, while GTA V feel really arcadish ;_;

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom