Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Greater Bracers of Archery - critical hit dmg multiplication

Kosiciel

Novice
I have a question - should (competence) damage bonus from Greater Bracers of Archery be multiplied on critical hits (like it is with strength bonus, feat Point Blank Shot bonus, weapon enhancement bonus, bardic music - Inspire Courage etc.)? It's only 2 damage more, nothing game-breaking, especially later in game.

0T1z7Ja.png

Endarire

Scholar
By 3.5's definition of the multiplication of static numbers to damage on critical hits, YES!

(Also, Kosiciel, I like your Sandro pic! Thanks for using it!)

Kosiciel

Novice
By 3.5's definition of the multiplication of static numbers to damage on critical hits, YES!

(Also, Kosiciel, I like your Sandro pic! Thanks for using it!)

Thanks, Sandro was such a badass in Heroes II and III, and one of my favourite ones! :) Also, woohoo for Bracers!

:brodex:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
For some reason ToEE adds the Bracers of Arachery damage bonus as an extra 0d0+1 hit dice rather than a flat bonus, which is why it didn't get multiplied. Could there have been a reason for this? (perhaps a 3.0 leftover?)

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
Kos: I recognized Sandro because I played Heroes of Might and Magic II and World of Xeen. Xeen inspired me to make a D&D 3.5 campaign (with lots of house rules!) based on Might and Magic I-VI but set on Xeen.

Kosiciel

Novice
For some reason ToEE adds the Bracers of Arachery damage bonus as an extra 0d0+1 hit dice rather than a flat bonus, which is why it didn't get multiplied. Could there have been a reason for this? (perhaps a 3.0 leftover?)

No idea, why they put it this way. But it's wrong and should be fixed, for consistency's sake. Sorry for refreshing the topic, if it's already done (it's rather low priority). The non-proficiency penalty while using bracers seems a tad bigger problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom