Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Greatest RPG Story

octavius

Arcane
Patron
In general any good game where story does not interfere with game mechanics.

But for an actual good story (more mature than Feist's juvenile novels IMO): Betrayal at Krondor.

Best background story: Morrowind.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PST. But generally Baldurs Gate because it made you feel like you were a roleplaying a character in an existing IP/world. PST also acomplished this, just not as well since it was a story about the main character and his history.

Dragon Age II was a great master piece in terms of story telling. I will never forget Dragon Age II for its story or for its gameplay, it was a twist none of us expected or wanted but we still got it. It was truly the pinnacle of gaming and the most underappreciated story form taken to a new medium. Instead of playing as a glorious hero on their mission to save the world, it concentrates on episodic unrelated events. It revolves around the hero who is deposed of their position and is now in the big city. The story takes place in the form of episodic events that happen within the main characters life. Like them becoming and entrepreneur. You can also fuck other dudes, and a dwarf which is totally super incline. Only way to have made it better is if one of the episodic events was where the main character transitioned to a werekin dwarf homo.

laclongquan

Arcane
Is this a joke question?

Of fucking course Planescape Torment.

BG series cant compete with it because what bhaalspawn angle toward, godhood or not, The Nameless One already achieve. What TNO currently trying to do is to fix his own mess, not gaining godhood.

Falksi

Arcane
Final Fantasy X will always stick in my mind. Cheesy as fuck, but it just told the story so, so well that it sucked me in big time.

An absolute ton of detail throughout. Love, humour, death, sadness, drama, action, family issues, friendship connetions, the lot.

And that ending still does me.

Auron you legend :salute:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
The greatest story ina RPG is not the one where you follow a story, but the one where you write a story. So is Age of Decadence (and lots of more)! But that doesn't make FFX a great story RPG, cause it doesn't have any choices nor consequences, you just follow an adventure.

Codex Year of the Donut
A Dance with Rogues 1.
WgXYUx4.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom