Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by DarKPenguiN, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    [​IMG]
    make some pancakes alice

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Myobi Learned

Myobi
    Sigh ~ this will never stop, this is the only way he found to garner attention, even if negative.

He also suffers from delusions of grandeur, self-entitled “game developer” that never really developed shit at all, yet doesn’t stop him from coming up with these ridiculous ass massive multiplayer online projects: "Official Servers ran by me.", "Each Server will be able to be home to up to 1,000 concurrently connected Players or 10,000 Active Users.", no Proctor, you won’t, you don’t have money to rent servers, and your personal PC won’t host that shit…

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. GM_JamesPro Learned

GM_JamesPro
    Well all I have to say to you MyObi is you don't have the inside knowledge into what is going on behind the scenes to make any shit judgment calls on a game you know nothing about. I messaged you privately inviting you to come and be a part of the internal testing to see what was going on and you wanted nothing to do with it which is fine but you really can't say shit about it since you have no clue what is happening.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Myobi Learned

Myobi
    Oh, please Proctor, go suck a bag of dicks.

The “inside knowledge”, “behind the scenes”, it’s like this one is any different from the 30 previous projects you fucking announced, but please, go ahead, educate us about the matter!

Also, “Obi” isn’t something that I own, it’s Myobi, stop capitalizing the O you derp.

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  5. Taojnhy Novice

Taojnhy
    Would you like to see more never-to-finished projects from Proctor? Join his Patreon today!

I'm not sure what I found more amusing: the 0 backers, or the promise that if he hits $100/month that he'll buy yet another asset from the Unity store.

Oh, and there's this gem from his "Unity MMO Developers" channel on YouTube (italics, bold, and underline are mine):

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. SerratedBiz Arcane

SerratedBiz
    There's a whole treasure trove of updates in that Patreon, spanning all the way from the seminal "End of Week 1" update to its riveting conclusion in the "End of Week 2" update.

Unfortunately, the content dries up after that which is somewhat unusual for a man of Proctor's caliber. The fact that the Week 2 update was posted on October 2018 might also cast some doubt onto the strength of the project.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Myobi Learned

Myobi
    Woah, this guy can't say good day without lying twice... so much for the "oh buhu why you hatin on me, it's like, I'm not even begging for money or anything!".

Almost as good as the "this will be my last project." or the "ill finish this one", or the "I have nothing to do with Appleton anymore!".

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Steamboat Willie Learned

Steamboat Willie
    Just know that in this guy's mind he really does run a company called MMO Interactive and they really do make games.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. DarKPenguiN Arcane

DarKPenguiN
    I doubt that statement is very far off from the truth.

He doesnt realize how all this looks, harms whats left of his reputation or anything else. He thinks his behavior of announcing projects and quitting them all the time is perfectly acceptable and he really doesnt understand why people give him shit. He really starts a project and in his mind its almost finished- He really cannot see the pattern we have been watching for years.

-After watching the latest youtube channel announcement and seeing him last about a week before quitting- Idk anymore... Its just sad. This isnt about taking on projects that are too complex - This is about having to do work.

Talking about something, taking screenshots and saying what you are 'going' to do is easy as fuck- Doing what you said takes effort. Worrying about how many subs you have and making a 'community' is easy. Making content takes effort.

Thats all I can figure at this point. Having a "dream": is easy.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019 at 9:57 AM
    ^ Top  
  10. Myobi Learned

Myobi

AHahahha, a week?! No dude, it lasted 2 days, that was it.

^ Top  
  11. DarKPenguiN Arcane

DarKPenguiN
    Damn...

Yeah I dont get why he would announce a game, then a youtube channel- And then quit after 2 days.

I've noticed his main concern on shit always seems to be his subs or making a 'community' and I always found that very odd- Putting the cart before the horse is something ive seen with all of his projects. As for quitting, I really used to think it was more about him choosing to do very complex projects and hitting a brick wall, but evidently that wasnt it - This is like his second try at the youtube channel and he doesnt even last long at that.

IDK, but its been indefensible for a very long time now- He's wasted how many years now on doing the same shit over and over again and getting nowhere? Hes going to look back at his life in another decade and finally realize this. I honestly do not think there is anything thats going to change this pattern.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Andnjord Arcane

Andnjord
    Me every time this thread comes back to life

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Myobi Learned

Myobi
    It's a never ending storrrryyyyy ~ whooo hoooo hoooo hoooo

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Axioms Literate

Axioms
    Unity is a cancer on game development. Even games that finish and are even decent, like HBS and Battletech, suffer the pains of being unity games. I die a little inside whenever I see the Unity logo. The lag and performance issues for one.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. DarKPenguiN Arcane

DarKPenguiN
    Idk man, there have been many really good unity games- Pathfinder Online and Subnautica were both stellar along with many other good games.

Unity is tool- Like any tool it can be misused. Sadly, there is a glut of scams and incompetent people who use that tool to just add in premade assets, take screenshots , call it a game and sell it. Steam is flooded with unity garbage.

I dont blame unity- I blame the scammers.

^ Top  
  16. Azazel Arbiter

Azazel
    Whoa, I thought Subnautica was built on Evolution Engine. Didn't know UW had dropped their own tech.

^ Top  
  17. DarKPenguiN Arcane

DarKPenguiN
    Nope- Its unity...Unless they switched engines and I'm not aware.

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/di...bnautica-using-unity-and-not-the-spark-engine

https://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/135514287300118293/

edit- I noticed I did say Pathfiner online though when I meant to say Kingmaker. Pathfinder Online was garbage, whatever engine was used.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)