Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BTW it's amazing a second rate company like spider has vicious shills like you guys, I get less shit for making fun of Avellone. It's also obvious neither of you has any real defense of their shallow character progression philosophy given that you're trying to change the subject to anything except the actual game this thread is about.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You could use this one to stop the ass bleed.

brown-fairy-erotic-toy-cat-tail-buttplug.jpg

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
BTW it's amazing a second rate company like spider has vicious shills like you guys, I get less shit for making fun of Avellone. It's also obvious neither of you has any real defense of their shallow character progression philosophy given that you're trying to change the subject to anything except the actual game this thread is about.

I don’t love the progression system in Technomancer and it’s certainly not a great game, but Greedfall is looking like a major step up.

The impressive thing about Spiders is that they keep improving. In a world of constant decline, every single Spiders game has been better than the last.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
it looks great. the complaint so far the enemies don't look like they even try. no dodging, blocking, etc and they just stand there to get hit.

Jinn

Arcane
it looks great. the complaint so far the enemies don't look like they even try. no dodging, blocking, etc and they just stand there to get hit.

Agreed. But knowing these business types, they probably have the game set to storymode for these combat demos.

RepHope

Savant
I’m shocked at how good the combat looks. That budget increase really shows, game looks very improved over Technomancer.

Yosharian

Arcane
The two that SpaceWizard missed:

Petrus
VMlWLE9.jpg

Kurt:
9iUUkDm.jpg

I'm not going to comment further on this topic as it's kind of beating a dead horse at this point, but I think the differences between the male and female companions speak fucking volumes.

Yosharian

Arcane
Information:

• The Congregation of Merchants: A trading Nation ruled by prince merchants. They use their vast riches to gather power and increase their wealth.
  • The Bridge Alliance: Always seeking to learn more about the world and those around them, this nation believes science can explain everything and knowledge is power. (Opposed to Native)
  • The Coin Guard: The main guild of mercenaries on the old continent. Military companies, bodyguards, paid assassins, combat instructors… they are hired by all the nations and important persons for their combat skills.
  • Thélème: A nation where magic users represent both religious and political power. Their mission is to preach the good word and convert the Islanders to their monotheist religion. (Opposed to Native)
  • The Nauts: The only guild of navigators that can cross the high sea. They prosper thanks to their travels, helping other factions to cross the waves.
  • Islanders/Teer Fradean/Natives (Yecht Fradí in native language): They are native to the island of Teer Fradee. They are not a united faction, but all of them live in harmony with Nature, which they consider sacred. Some of them seem to have an even deeper, physical link to their environment, able to use elemental magic or to call for creatures. With colonization of the island underway, they must choose to be friend or foe to the new arrivals.
Siora belongs to the Natives faction obviously, and she uses light blades and elemental magic. Likes: nature, magic. Dislikes: colonizers, mansplainers, science. When travelling with the MC, the player can understand the natives' language.

Aphra belongs to the Bridge Alliance faction, and she's an excellent ranged fighter who needs protection from melee attackers doesn't need no protection from no-one, you fucking bigot. The Bridge Alliance is in opposition to the natives, so basically they're scientific racists.

Petrus belongs to the Theleme faction, and he's apparently quite versatile, able to fight at range or up close. He wants to bring the glory of God to the dirty Teer Fradean savages. Likes: smoking pipes, smoking barbarian savages with musket.

Vasco belongs to the Nauts faction, and so suffers from scurvy throughout most of the game. If you can find some oranges for him to eat, he'll fuck you up the arse. Likes: cannonballs. Dislikes: sweaty balls.

Kurt belongs to the Coin Guard faction, and as such will do pretty much anything for the right coin, including sucking off Vasco. He's the MC's companion from the start of the game, along with Vasco. He's a melee combat master and can wear heavy armor.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Siora Dislikes: colonizers, mansplainers, science.
FIERCE!
I'll probably gift her to Petrus, I have a feeling he might be able to find several uses for her
Is it actually confirmed that you can do something like that? How about straight up killing companions?
Jokes aside I have no idea if you can kill companions but it's been confirmed that they may leave your party if you upset them, so hopefully companions are optional rather than forced on you. So you may not be able to kill them, but you'll definitely be able to get rid of ones that annoy you. At least, I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom