Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
My God.
How do you take such a neat aesthetic and ruin it worth the corniest hackjob thematic focus of all time?

This is as braindead as Avatar.

frajaq

Erudite
I hear the two last games of this dev were scuffed as fuck but maybe this one time they did a decent game?!?!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I hear the two last games of this dev were scuffed as fuck but maybe this one time they did a decent game?!?!
Technomancer was boring, but I'll defend almost every other game they made as interesting "AA" RPGs.

They all had the same problem of crappy combat and a MASSIVE decrease in quality after the first half, but the first 10-15 hours of Bound by Flame, Mars: War Logs, Faery: Legends of Avalon and Of Orcs and Men are excellent, far more interesting than crap like Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect: Andromeda. They are a tiny company trying to compete with BioWare, and they fall short because of lack of resources, not of talent.

I'm expecting a French ELEX out of this, and will be very happy if that's what they deliver.

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
Better a diamond in the rough than a polished turd

The Technomancer was not a diamond in the rough. It's an objectively shit game, with few redeeming qualities.

Polished 60 hour isometric CRPG > Potato budget Mass Effect clone

You haven’t played Elex at all, have you?

I was referring to The Technomancer. Elex is another failed clone that demonstrates only a surface level understanding of what made Gothic brilliant.

Andhaira

Arcane
Sad what the codex has become. Even in this age of pseudo RPG renaissance we have a game like this, an action adventure game with rpg elements exciting people. Yes it looks pretty, and it has stats and stuff but its single PC action-twitch based combat, in a retarded looking setting that makes little sense.

The Witcher really ruined everything; just because you have choices & consequences in cinematic dialogue actions, which often times break immersion due to how they are incorporated, does not make it an RPG.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Sad what the codex has become. Even in this age of pseudo RPG renaissance we have a game like this, an action adventure game with rpg elements exciting people. Yes it looks pretty, and it has stats and stuff but its single PC action-twitch based combat, in a retarded looking setting that makes little sense.

The Witcher really ruined everything; just because you have choices & consequences in cinematic dialogue actions, which often times break immersion due to how they are incorporated, does not make it an RPG.

Where is your dumbfuck tag, I'm sure you had one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom