Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Yosharian

Arcane
Sad what the codex has become. Even in this age of pseudo RPG renaissance we have a game like this, an action adventure game with rpg elements exciting people. Yes it looks pretty, and it has stats and stuff but its single PC action-twitch based combat, in a retarded looking setting that makes little sense.

The Witcher really ruined everything; just because you have choices & consequences in cinematic dialogue actions, which often times break immersion due to how they are incorporated, does not make it an RPG.
Well, that's incredibly charitable. Good job.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Sad what the codex has become. Even in this age of pseudo RPG renaissance we have a game like this, an action adventure game with rpg elements exciting people. Yes it looks pretty, and it has stats and stuff but its single PC action-twitch based combat, in a retarded looking setting that makes little sense.

The Witcher really ruined everything; just because you have choices & consequences in cinematic dialogue actions, which often times break immersion due to how they are incorporated, does not make it an RPG.

It's called excitement fatigue.

This is not the first game from Spiders and, while they shown potential, neither one of their games was great or a complete package. In fact they were somewhat uneven experiences thanks to retarded design decisions like forcing backtracking, grind or bland content on the players (copy-paste is the simplest solution when you are out of ideas and you must delivers X hours of "entertainment").

That's why many people don't expect good stuff from Greedfall because they know that bad game design cannot and will not become stellar over night.

Codex Year of the Donut
8LRruOk.png

IT'S ALMOST HERE

Neerasrc

Learned
The game can come out very problematic on the pc side. Large project , producer small.. (optimization, bug..etc) The minimum system requirements indicate this. Maybe we should wait.

Codex Year of the Donut
The minimum system requirements indicate this

• Minimum:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-3450 (3.1 GHz) / AMD FX-6300 X6 (3.5 GHz)
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 2 GB, GeForce GTX 660/Radeon HD 7870
    • Storage: 25 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR GAME ACTIVATION

u wot
Those CPUs/GPUs released 2 years before the PS4.

Yosharian

Arcane
The game can come out very problematic on the pc side. Large project , producer small.. (optimization, bug..etc) The minimum system requirements indicate this. Maybe we should wait.
Early indications are that there are very few bugs. Of course this is always a risk with an RPG like this, but there's no reason to be overly sceptical. (The usual scepticism will suffice)

Neerasrc

Learned

• Minimum:

u wot

Gears 5 minimum specs

• CPU: AMD FX-6000 series / Intel i3 Skylake
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280 or RX 560 / Nvidia GTX 760 or GTX 1050
    VRAM: 2GB
    RAM: 6GB
The problem is already there. The image of the game is not like gears 5. Greedfall wants too many systems. Let's wait and see.

Codex Year of the Donut

• Minimum:

u wot

Gears 5 minimum specs

The problem is already there. The image of the game is not like gears 5. Greedfall wants too many systems. Let's wait and see.
gears 5 is a corridor simulator
if you like looking at small corridors with 3 objects total on the screen, then it will be the game for you

Neerasrc

Learned

• Minimum:

u wot

Gears 5 minimum specs

gears 5 is a corridor simulator
if you like looking at small corridors with 3 objects total on the screen, then it will be the game for you

The game has a half-open world. (Gears 5) You can walk around even if it's not full. Anyway, I hope it performs smoothly and everyone plays with pleasure.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gears 5 minimum specs

I’m not sure this is even true. Gears 5 needs less RAM, but it also needs a better GPU—call it a wash. As for the processor, is a mid-tier core i5 from 2012 really better than a core i3 from 2015? I have no idea. They both run 4 threads even if the i3 does it with two cores. The slowest Skylake i3 is 3.6GHz, the CPU Greedfall calls for is 3.1GHz (does this shit even matter anymore?).

Neerasrc

Learned
Gears 5 minimum specs

I’m not sure this is even true. Gears 5 needs less RAM, but it also needs a better GPU—call it a wash. As for the processor, is a mid-tier core i5 from 2012 really better than a core i3 from 2015? I have no idea. They both run 4 threads even if the i3 does it with two cores. The slowest Skylake i3 is 3.6GHz, the CPU Greedfall calls for is 3.1GHz (does this shit even matter anymore?).

Optimization is important. Otherwise it is exposed to downgrade. This may not be a problem for a game with good graphics(AAA- Gears 5), but it can be a serious problem for a game with medium graphics(AA- GreedFall). (Last example: Bard's tale 4) Since the manufacturer with the AA chart cannot touch the chart, there is a risk that the game will remain problematic forever. The minimum/maximum systems of the game usually give hints about the state of the game. Greedfall needs 16gb of ram in its proposed system requirements. This is incredibly high. "Kingdom come:deliverance" wanted similar systems. (16 gb ram) Kingdom come:deliverance optimization problematic game. Hopefully greedfall not be such a game.
Friends who can't play Kingdom, so I recommend waiting.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Gears 4 was very optimized on pc, I expect gears 5 to be as well.

Concerning the discussion about the quality of spiders previous games... i played all of them but never managed to finish them. They have some interesting concepts in terms of setting, but the games are very front loaded in appeal, once the novelty of the setting wears off, the gameplay systems fail to retain player interest.

I expect much the same here, when I look at the gameplay videos, the crafting is the same, the customization, the combat flow, the character development.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw funny how it's their first game where you can play as lesbian and suddenly all female companions are ugly. Really makes you think...

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I dont remember any western game that lets you have good looking female hair. They seem too lazy to make and animate long hairs (maybe witcher games)

japanese games got them right tho. Like mhworld

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm guessing the main character is going to end up being a native or half-native. You have that weird growth on your face that only seems to also be present on the natives.
MV5BMGE5ZDdlNDgtOTY0YS00Mzk1LWExMGEtMGZhM2VhNmQ3NjU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODg1MTc3MTM@._V1_.jpg

seems weird to send a half-native as your diplomat but alright

polo

Magister
Its the plague ur trying to cure i think-

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom